Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But is losing the andidote worth it?
Let's be consistent. We could have taken the children and bolted. Instead, we gravely injured both of our girls and have gone through the Hundred Maniac Battle to get Q&L out.

It was probably naive to think we would be able to complete both of our goals. Now that we have completed one, why forsake it in favor of the other?

Besides, with the evidence gone... how much would Zuolong would be able to tell you? Probably enough to know what the enemy's next step is going to be, but not enough to put them down for good.

One step at a time, I say.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
We must not forget that Zuolong seems to be in pretty deep with Zhang Clan and Madam Nie.
He could tell us much about Zhang clan plans and operations and perhaps even good leads about legendary manuals. We might not be able to get enought to put our opponents permanently down, but it's good bet that he does have pretty large puzzle piece in this information war.

This whole mess is right now big quostion mark.
I mean what the hell just happened?
We knew that there was beggar civil war going on and that trial, but something went completly bonkers if Black dragon society got burned down.
Who the fuck was that cloak guy?

There is only one person, who at minimum can gave us decent answer is Hei Zuolong.
Who knows, we might save more lives later by getting the information now about this grand plan of zhang clan and hueshan.

Nevill

Arcane
I mean what the hell just happened?
Judging by the fire... Vairya?

Maybe he finally met with LORD Zhang, and the whole keep just imploded from a high concentration of Awesome. :lol:

Who knows, we might save more lives later by getting the information now about this grand plan of zhang clan and hueshan.
Abstract lives, or the lives of people we care about?

I don't know. I understand that the information here might be important enough to affect our companions, but so far I have consistently chosen duty to people we know over some abstract greater good.

I am worried by the absense of our companions. I don't know what happened to Yao. I am afraid that now that Madam Nie suspects we have one of the manuals, we will encounter those hostage situations more often.

In these circumstances I want to get back to our people ASAP and acquire as large an entourage as possible to be able to protect ourselves. If Q&L join us, I would be overjoyed.

For me, it is worth it.

Seems dickless attacked and burned down the place. Impressive!
Crushing enemy skulls is not his style, though. Poisoning, yes.

There were probably several events that led to the current state of affairs.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
C,

Jing went through all that trouble to save the parents, may as well see it through to the end.

Nevill

Arcane
Oh. For a second there, I though you meant Gao Ying. But I should have realized he is the ball-less one.

Hm, seems like a lot of those are running around nowadays.

Baltika9

Arcane
Seriously, though, why did the guy off the brother? Is he just a vigilante or is he an assassin sent by the Douchebag sects to ensure silence. If it's the latter, then we ought to consider keeping this guy sane and alive.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Might as well join the bandwagon C

It seems that Qillin got unarmed skills +1 and Miss Song left our entourage.
We miss you Miss Song and missed opportunity to learn your qinqqong and sword style:salute:

Tribute

Arbiter
A and B are probably the most useful options, but C seems the most in-character for Jing as we've been playing him lately. He's constantly giving up opportunities to learn more in order to help the people he likes.

C will also feed the demon.

Not sure where to vote yet.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
C>D Scratch that.
D>C sounds better. I want to see what shenanigans the Elder Black Dragon can get up to.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
We miss you Miss Song and missed opportunity to learn your qinqqong and sword style:salute:
We'll learn it through WQS when we genocide Qingcheng for death of Master Yao.

There is a lot of time we've wasted in the fortress. And there was a promise of an interesting update.

Maybe we'll finally get to choose between saving Qilin and Yunzi, after all. For real this time.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
We'll learn it through WQS when we genocide Qingcheng for death of Master Yao.

There is a lot of time we've wasted in the fortress. And there was a promise of an interesting update.

Maybe we'll finally get to choose between saving Qilin and Yunzi, after all. For real this time.

You mean to become aware of DEMONZ or not?
After all, killing Yunzi would have strong enought narrative power to let Xu Jing to become aware of his possession.

Or better yet, if both die then Jing with power of ultimate emoness banish Demon to heavens!
:troll:

Nevill

Arcane
You mean to become aware of DEMONZ or not?
The more I think about it, the less I want to get rid of it or pay it any mind. Especially with all those "we must fight the DEMONZ" considerations popping up every second update. As if we have a choice. The whole reason we joined the manual hunt and political struggle was to help out the Fire Temple, then our Emperor bro, and then to protect our own crew (we promised Yao and Miecao to keep their grandkids safe, then we declared war on the zhang clan, and it all spiraled from there). All of these are well within the DEMONZ' agenda.

I don't see people lining up to abandon any of those goals.

Of course, what we lack in malice we can readily compensate with stupidity and botch it up involuntarily, like getting Yunzi or Qilin killed (I don't know which one it should be, actually). That will fix our problem!

Besides, it's a cool ending, all things considered. Add immortal Cao'er to it for extra creepy flavor, and I'd say it's a keeper. :)

Or better yet, if both die then Jing with power of ultimate emoness banish Demon to heavens!
Hmmm... Would sending Chi You's FFFFFFFFUUUU~ straight to the Heavens qualify as a winning condition? It'll show that Nuwa and her pet Immortals for sure!

Last edited:
Well, Hundred Maniac Fight went great. We still have our limbs, even, so that's a win for sure!

Voting C

Kill him and take the Antidote to Cao'er!
This guy is too dangerous to leave alive. We need to save the couple as well as get something we can use against any further berserker fighter attacks. We're trading clear benefits NOW for vague info later. What if we save this guy and then he kills Jing? He's a snake. I'm not risking it.

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, choosing between Yunzi and Qilin fits the bill, given that the whole chapter was about waifu choices so far.

Now, if it were a battle between Vairya and Lord Zhang... ;)

Akkudakku

Arbiter
C! The Hei fucks had this long coming to them.

Also it's what we come here for.

Also good job setting the place on fire Masked-Mad (or The Guardian of Metal...)!

Absinthe

Arcane
Hey treave, can we make it for a last-minute appearance at the trial? If nothing else, the demon empowers us for the sake of those who depend on us, right?

I want to see if Jing can pull a "Take me instead! As his disciple, let me suffer my master's punishment for his sake." I'm pretty sure Mao Sanjiao and Nie Wuxing would have their own reasons for accepting this (ie. they want Jing dead), so I wonder how Song Lingshu will react to becoming the villain of this situation should the execution go through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom