Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What's interesting that he put rest of his clan in same place as corrupted orthodox sects. Does this mean that his clan is his enemy too?
He acts the part of the omnicidal maniac rather well. Everyone is his enemy now. Case in point:
“It was not them, or us,” Qi Liuwu speaks up at last. “On our way here, we crossed paths with a cloaked man. He was highly powerful, and killed a few of our brothers before disappearing into the fortress.”
He killed some of our beggars just for shits and giggles (because they were 'corrupt orthodox scum'?).

Still, new-manxing probably won't consider us an enemy outright if we show similar destructive tendencies. Unfortunately, we are prretty bro with half of the orthodox sects. And he kind of dodged the question about his dick. Can't trust him on that, our harem is already shrinking, we don't need a competitor. :M

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Ah, things are looking pretty intense in time for the anniversary...

I think I'll go with xB. Whatever we do I don't want to be enfeebled later for when we're presumably having the title match for who is what direction of Great Pugilist. I'd prefer that we not immediately jump into battle on one side or the other, though; I'm rather inclined to let our foes here just kill each other off. If we're not antagonistic to Manxing it'd be interesting to see if we could pick his brain on the nice martial arts he's scrounged up, though I doubt that we're going to let him be. I don't particularly care as to whether or not we side with him or not, though.

Nevill

Arcane
Whatever we do I don't want to be enfeebled later for when we're presumably having the title match for who is what direction of Great Pugilist.
I am confused. Do you mean Huashan Summit?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
In a couple of weeks, though?

There are 500 km between Xiangyang and Chang'an. The journey alone would probably take a week or so.

asxetos

Augur
BA. Fuck ZM and fuck the manuals at this point.
Also, drink the potion just incase shit happens afterwards. Hopefully, we can reach Shun and he can clear the whole Fire Cult thing by revealing we are his agent and pardoning the cult.

Nevill

Arcane
You look behind you: if it comes down to a fight here, you may be at a disadvantage. Vairya and Ameretat are strong, but you are not sure if they can stand against the numbers of the orthodox pugilists. You have Qi Liuwu’s support, but the beggars have already endured battle and still need to guard their traitor brethren. You do not know which way Liu Qi and Su Liaojing will swing at the moment; Guo Fu would probably help, but you do prefer that he not get himself in trouble over this.
I'd say we need a bit of a downtime ourselves.

Yunzi and Qilin are gravely injured, and Qingfend and Lanhai need the antidote developed to get back on their feet.

Meanwhile, Yao's situation is still unresolved, and the orthodoxes are highly suspicious of us (and D suggests they don't want to let us go). We just have too many people who are not of much help if something goes down - the kids, the parents, the wives (and one of them have deserted, too), the Abbess and Yao. The only ones who can still fight are Vairya, Ameretat, Armaiti (now where is she? she should be around!) and Yifang.

We might need that extra argument.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
treave, can Xu Jing detect how powerful Zhang Manxing feels? What does the scouter say about his power level? He's obviously had Yang Xue training, but how does he measure up to the old man? Just wondering how he stacks up compared to the orthodox pugilists assembled, though my gut feeling based on his mad confidence and the fact that he just stomped a bunch of orthodox Masters without even breaking a sweat gives me the impression that helping the orthodox sects will be significantly tougher than making amends with BRO Manxing.

As for the symptoms of enfeeblement: I'm not sure about how long we've got until the Huashan Summit, but I'm fairly certain that we've got more than a couple of weeks, so no matter what happens, we should be able to recover just fine until then. The real trouble is in dealing anything unforeseeable that might happen in the interim: for example, if we meet with Lord Zhang and he demands a duel with us but we aren't in a condition to accept. More troubling, given Manxing's incredible cockroach-like ability to survive anything, once he survives even this, he will be sure to come after us too. And we won't be in a good position to defend ourselves.

However, if we don't ingest the potion, a lot of our bros could die as well and we lose the chance to save a lot of lives and build the foundations for peace between our two groups, once and for all.

The future's uncertain, but I'm willing to take some chances here and I think that these guys are gonna need all the help they can get.

BA

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
The real trouble is in dealing anything unforeseeable that might happen in the interim: for example, if we meet with Lord Zhang and he demands a duel with us but we aren't in a condition to accept.
That would be a real tragedy. Maybe we can sacrifice that slacker Armaiti to appease our LORD? Or let the Guardian of Metal entertain him for a while?

More troubling, given Manxing's incredible cockroach-like ability to survive anything, once he survives even this, he will be sure to come after us too. And we won't be in a good position to defend ourselves.
That may happen. Though our entourage have grown to a size of a small army. Maybe between all of our Amesha Spenta and Q&L we would be able to fend him off?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Goddammit I knew I was forgetting someone. I'll edit her in later.

treave, can Xu Jing detect how powerful Zhang Manxing feels? What does the scouter say about his power level? He's obviously had Yang Xue training, but how does he compare to the old man?

In terms of raw power, he is stronger than Jing, his movements are fairly unrefined, but you can't tell more until he fights more. He doesn't seem to be on Yang Xue's level at the moment.

Nevill

Arcane
Hmm. Almost everyone is voting for 1B so far.

Can Ameretat's tentacles be WQS'ed? Just a scientific interest, has nothing to do with manxing, really.:M

Akkudakku

Arbiter
BA HOW MANY TIMES IT TAKES TO KILL YOU MANXING?!

And while the dirt would be useful this guy is unreliable ally to the max... Bai Ally = trouble, Manxing Ally = will kill us soon...

Fangshi

Arcane
If it were just Nie and his cronies then I would gladly let Manxing do what he wants however the chance of Guo Fu or Lingshu dying is a risk I don't really want to take and the Twins are likely to involve themselves as well if their father is in danger, I would prefer if they live as well. Hopefully Manxing will not expect us to side with the orthodox sects and that will give us enough of an advantage to drive him off.

Also I really want to see Rob fighting again.

We will also need that potion if we want to help at all so:

BA

Jing will just have to spend a few weeks in bed with the wives recovering I suppose...

Nevill

Arcane
On a somewhat unrelated note, treave, can we talk Song Lingshu into accepting the Chixiao Sword regardless of her allegiance?

I know she had to cut ties with us, but she is doing this because of her duty to the sect, right? And that does not mean we don't want her to take her place as the sect leader eventually. It certainly would be better than leaving it in the hands of her 'uncle'.

If she is worried about accepting gifts from us, it is not a gift. She saved our life before. This is merely repaying our debt to her.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Nah. In C Jing thinks that it'll end with Wuxing. The DEMONZ has nothing against offing him, much less against having him offed by someone else.

Once (if) the girls and Bro Fu get involved, though, it might become interesting.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

BB - not necessary to waste our ace in the hole. Our spenta + the masters can handle him just fine. We went all out before with him and it just caused Bai to find out about our WQS.

Nevill

Arcane
What about what comes after the fight, though?

Can we handle it just fine as well?

Even if they might let the Fire Cult go just this one time, which is still questionable, what if they will still want Yao by then? Are we going to fight all of them? What about our wounded?

If manxing feels betrayed by us yet again and targets us, who will take a bullet for us this time?

It is just a precaution. As Ameretat says, this is an emergency.

Baltika9

Arcane
I agree with Nevill:
Ameretat has a potion that will temporarily remove all current exhaustion from your body, allowing you to continue to fight, though it will come at a cost later: she says you may experience temporary enfeeblement for a couple of weeks. It will take quite a few minutes to kick in, however, so if you want to ingest it, it will have to be now.
If we want to go with B, we must go all guns blazing. This potion isn't something we can use "later" in this fight, it's now or never. And going against Bro Manxing half-ready is kinda dumb, especially after his power-up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom