Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    We would had met sword saint earlier!?
    I dread to think how high our sword skills woudl be, if we had impressed the saint enought to get that sword song earlier in this LP.
    I guess we would have also got lot of comedy gold with Nie wuxing considering how protective he is of the twins :lol:. Not to mention I have feeling that there would have been lot of headbutting between Xu Jing and Nie Wuxing...Lot of trolling:lol:

^ Top  
  2. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I don't think we would be in a position to troll our own master or openly hit on his daughters. He could have easily kicked us out.

^ Top  
  3. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Well not blatant trolling as we do now, but perhaps more subtle. I think it would look bad on Nie wuxing, if he threw us out due temper tantrum.
    I have feeling that even, if we didn't actively opnely hit his daughters, there would have been still some uncompromising situations. Especially considering our luck with ladies and that 1 luck stat:lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Going on missions for Huashan and he happens to be around to bail you and one of the twins out on a mess up. IOW plot contrivances. :M

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    aah...What is IOW?

^ Top  
  6. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Would there be One Hundred Men Battle equivalents on our orthodox path?

^ Top  
  7. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    I don't think so.
    I think as solo fighters go, the Zhang Jue route is the strongest ones.

^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Well, we might have fought the Fire Cult at Wufushan. Still don't know who ordered that one and why.

Though obviously, we wouldn't be alone.

Or there could have been some bandit cleansing.

^ Top  
  9. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Probably, unless for some reason we would have been in Emei and been friendly realitionship with Qilin.
    I think we would have eventually done some impressive martial artist feats, but I don't orthodox routes would allow something as impressive as one hundred man battle to be survivable alone.

We could probably do some cool shit with formation tecniques with Wudang guys or the twins.

^ Top  
  10. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    More chances for general badassery, actually. Being orthodox means you're always in the thick of things from the start, rather than wandering around.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Cool!
    Then again there would have been more chances to die like a chump:lol:. I dread to think how meeting with Zhang Jue would have ended as orthodox character.:lol:

^ Top  
  12. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Sword Saint-trained Xu Jing battling and impressing Zhang enough to start stalking him for a prospective apprentice, if you're lucky. :M

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  13. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Treave?
    Would there have been a chance to pick techniques apart from the main technique on orthodox side? Or would the masters taught all the techniques without giving us a chance to pick?

Oh my god. There might not be literally nothing more terrifying than that.:lol:

^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Some choices available depending on your specialty, but less variety than unorthodox

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Had he ever thought about stealing Yandi?

Or was it considered too ungentlemanly? Or perhaps the Saint hid him well enough? :lol:

^ Top  
  16. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yandi doesn't have the savage cunning and desperate brutality of a cornered rat, which is what Jing would have needed to survive the encounter long enough to pique Zhang's interest. Assuming his qi was fixed by Wang Zhengchong at the time, that is.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  17. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    :hero:
    I am impressed.

^ Top  
  18. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Since we are having a 'what if' session, I just have to ask the question that I feel is crucial to the understanding of the plot intricacies.

What would have happened if we peeked in the bathroom of the Ghost Mansion?

inb4 we lose our eye ten updates earlier.

Anyway, the current tally:
    Show Spoiler
    Ifeex xA
    Kashmir Slippers AA
    Akkudakku Dx
    Elfberserker DA
    Nevill CA>DA
    Absinthe CA>AA
    Kz3r0 DA
    Grimgravy BA>CA
    Tigranes CA
    Kipeci CA
    TOME CA>AA
    ChumBucket CA>DA
    asxetos DA
    Jester CA
    ERYFKRAD Cx
    Fangshi CA
    Kayerts DA

A - 1
    B - 1 (0)
    C - 9 (10)
    D - 5
    x - 1

A - 15
    B - 0
    x - 2

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
  20. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Hmmm.
    I wonder how effective that Zhang Jue sword style would had been. I think he developed it not to just defeat hueshan, but perhaps challenge the sword saint in his own hometurf so to speak.
    IT wouldn't be unreasonable to think that maybe he had put most thought on that one...Not implying that Zhang Jue would design any techniques half assed, since it is his favorite past time apart from actual fighting, but it might got bit more attention than the rest.

Oh well, no use about crying past technique choises.

^ Top  
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Does the Saint still utilize Huashan techniques, though? I think when you are at his level, you improvise and devise your own style. Or styles. To hear him name them, he knows over a hundred already.

^ Top  
  22. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Well there are lot of evidence that he was at laest working closely with hueshan people or even had been part of that sect, however it hasn't been outright stated that he was member of hueshan and later parted from the sect.
    I think all the techniques he has shown are his own, since it pretty much relay on sword qi and he is genius swordplay master, however I wouldn't be surprised if he had borrowed or got inspiration or two from hueshan swordplay.

^ Top  
  23. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    He was a part of Huashan, yes. He was referred to as such by Tianxie.
    He might be using Huashan teachings as a base, but I think his techniques have as much in common with them as Zhang Jue's with Shaolin ones.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    ^ Top  
  24. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Aah forgot that little bit of information.

It would have been interested to find out how those zhange Jue prototype techniques would have stood up against shouwang claws, when fully developed. Would chuzhan fist would have been better fully developed against shaolin monks compared to shouwang claws, even if they were not the ideal target for them?

I guess we never know.
    :negative:

^ Top  
  25. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    DA

Centering the fight around Xu Jing allows for two possibilities, either of which would be cool:

1.) Jing can make groping gestures at the Twin Flowers behind their backs, hopefully sending Nie Wuxing into a rage and throwing him off balance, or even making him order an attack on Jing.
    2.) BJ likes the twins and seems to think of them as younger sisters; Zhang Manxing knew this was true enough that they were his preferred subject matter for pissing her off. It seems likely that she doesn't approve of Nie's treatment of them, and the proxy duel was her idea. It seems like there's a nontrivial chance she'll throw the match, if she can do so at no cost to herself. Disqualifying Team Nie by attacking Jing (or knocking one of the other combatants into him), if there's a plausible opening, seems like something she might do.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.