Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    They have one of few orthodox masters that have standing as well reputation to act as judge, if Nie wuxing and his cronies reputation is tarneshed by proving that they have partaken in heinious deeds with black dragon society.
    Prisoners and the court can moved, but finding inviduals who have high standing and reputation in eyes of orthodox are harder to find or locate.

This is of course assuming that we find the said condemming proof, but it's a big gamble.

It shows that he was not totally abusing his station by compasating Yao service with money.
    Of course he still did abuse his station by staying alive from the deal, but he did make gesture to pay for Yao instead leaving him with nothing.

For orthodox guys this does cast him in more reasonable light than as coward that couldn't handle his part of the deal.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Will be added next update.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I wonder why this skill reads as red. That normally denotes that it's been lowered by some event, no? I thought Jing had healed by now, but possibly there's more "sword saint" power to be unlocked?

^ Top  
  4. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    [​IMG]
    We're still injured, yeah. Our Sleight of Hand is still one point short. We're probably 10/10 SWORDS now.

^ Top  
  5. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    From what we know, Taishan and Kunlun aren't involved in anything villainous. They are just sell-outs who pledge their allegiance to whomever is strongest at a time. Despicable, yes, but that's hardly a crime.

Shaolin is not going to be the only one with the authority to make decisions there.

Still, I agree, that if a judge is compromised, there can not be a trial here and now.
    How so? It's exactly that - he couldn't handle his part of the deal and sought a coward's way out.

I wonder if we can get through this without losing anyone, be it Yao, Lingshu, or the Twins. Our entourage have become so diverce, that it became nigh impossible to keep everyone happy.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    ^ Top  
  6. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I want to help our beggar bro. C

^ Top  
  7. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0
    Don't delude yourselves guys, the only way to save Yao is by force, period.

^ Top  
  8. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0
    Besides is in Yao's interest to paint the guy as the one at fault for having sought the help of the Killer Physician, yes we will lose a WAIFU but fuck everyone that votes against Cao'er.

^ Top  
  9. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Well yeah, but attempting to compasate makes Song bit less villaneus than without paying anything to Yao.
    Orthodox guys don't generally like murder be it form of medical payment or otherwise.

True, but I would be very surprised, if they hadn't done backdoor dealing or two with black dragon society.
    Besides they at laest seemed to act with Nie during whole firecult showdown, so they should have decent knowledge or dirty deeds behind them as party if they trust each other enough to let other masters die.

Ok then Emei, wudan, etc, etc.
    The point was to get yao to trial, which would be fairer and master of one of big sect should have enought pull, if Nie wuxing and his lackey reputation is tarnished.

^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Doing that will undo all our efforts at befriending the Bro Sects. There is literally nothing we can do at that trial except fighting Yao out of there, and that would be kinda dumb.

^ Top  
  11. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Probably. But Xuezi is right. What is going to happen after that? That's what might be worth considering.

As for Yao, the man rarely acts in his own best interests. If it were only his life on the line, he'd probably act defiant to the end. Especially since it looks very much like a kangaroo court. Why bother with proof and appearances if you are found guilty before it even started?

On an unrelated note, it just occured to me that if our beggars win, it will be the Fire Cult assisted coup. I don't know how the rest of the orthodox world are going to take it.

^ Top  
  12. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Actually... Mao Sanjiao couldn't care less whether Yao lives or dies. Finding Yao guilty is not his goal here. The ploy should be somewhat apparent from the message sent to Song Lingshu.

There will be an option to make your dramatic reveal as the Evil Overlord while in Xiangyang.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Well, his concern right now is to preserve his position as a sect head. That means bringing Lingshu down, either by denying her the right to succeed, or by separating her from us. Something along those lines.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Can't Jing just sleep with the judges to win the trial, treave?

^ Top  
  15. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Hmmm.
    It does remind that Hueshan was bit worried about Mao bit to power when we were rescuing Song Linghsu.
    Could it be that we might have commone enemy here!?

^ Top  
  16. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    More like they have a common enemy here.

Short of blackmail, I can't see a way to make Wuxing cooperate, and the outcome does not affect Mao's plot anyway.

^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Winning the trial doesn't automatically fix Lingshu's problem, is what I was saying. The two issues are related but not the same. She has to choose between you and Qingcheng.

DEMONZ Jing is never going to leave Yao to his punishment, so if the trial ends badly for the Killer Physician, your ties with the orthodox sects will be strained. The only issue is how much. 'Winning' the trial will help with this problem.

Jing and Lingshu have different problems from the same event. You can try to figure out what is best for her, what is best for you, whether there can be a compromise, whether this means your paths should still continue together, etc.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    There is still Miss Song problem with oversensitive touch problem after that Zhang Manxing fiasco.
    Or did Cao'er finally cured it ?

^ Top  
  19. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Not cured yet, but the medicine's recipe is not overly complex. Any respectable dispensary can provide the necessary ingredients if Cao'er gives the recipe to Lingshu.

^ Top  
  20. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Hm. What if she does not pursue Yao's punishment and we don't murder half of Qincheng in retaliaton for taking hostages? How is that for a compromise? We are being very generous here.
    Show Spoiler
    :M

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    That would be the 'play the villain' option. There's also the 'be the villain' option where you take Xuezi's advice, and the 'be the villain, extreme renegade' option where you go beyond that and genocide Qingcheng. But you can only unlock the last one if you get the worst possible outcome from the trial.
    Show Spoiler
    :M

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  22. Tribute Arbiter

Tribute
    I wonder if Xuezi's particularly wrong here. We should probably establish that our loved ones are not to be fucked with (I mean shit, look what we kept trying to do to Zhang the Inferior whenever we encountered him based on what he merely tried to do to people we care about), and it has been mentioned that Qingcheng has let its acceptance standards drop pretty severely in recent years. In a way we'd be doing them a favour, thinning the herd like this... :M

^ Top  
  23. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Oh my. Does it involve clutching Cao'er's lifeless body as they hang her for her part in the murder?

I have a newfound respect for the DEMONZ, allowing such things when there are people depending on us not going off the deep end.

Yes. And after this, genocide all of the unbro sects. Isn't Shun one of our loved ones? How dare they mess with him and his people!

Xuezi is offering an all-purpose solution here. :M

I'll flop to B. At least I have a somewhat vague idea of what to do if we manage to free Qingfeng, Lanhai and their kids.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It's just another way of looking at things. If they have irreconcilable differences with you, clearly they don't want to depend on you for anything, including their lives. You can neatly partition the world into those that are for you (those that depend on you) and those that are against you (those that do not depend on you), and take it from there.

In other words, the accursed ones depart from me into everlasting fire etc approach. I'm just trying to be :incloosive: here.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  25. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0
    I am all for playing the villain, if that doesn't work let'go full renegade.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.