Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The update stated that we are at a disadvantage if it comes to a fight with the orthodoxes.

That means we are in no position to haggle with them. They are stronger, and we are still a villain, whether we help them or not.

Not to mention that our fighters will bear the brunt of the fight, since Wuxing and Su Cheng are cowards, the Saint isn't here, and Liu Ye, well... :lol:

There are not many masters to speak of, but a lot of rank and file.

The potion evens the field, but there is a cost attached. Still, it is not an 'ace'. Once the fight with manxing ends, there might not be another chance to use it. It takes minutes to kick in, and we might not have them.

Baltika9

Arcane
I just hope we have the presence of mind to toss the legendary swords to Yifang and Lingshu and start coordinating with our guys.

Baltika9

Arcane
“Let’s employ my favourite of the Thirty-Six Strategems.” Without warning, you whip around and strike out at the two girls with your palms. Controlling your qi perfectly, you generate just enough force to send them flying off without causing them serious injury. “Retreat!” you shout out.

Seriously, though, the description says "later," which I take to mean "not any time soon."

Nevill

Arcane
And what if the enfeeblement kicks in right after the fight?
First, what Baltika said. I don't think it works that way, and you can always ask treave Ameretat.

Second, if you are right, that would mean we won't be able to fight, just as if we didn't take the potion. Meaning we'll be fucked either way.

ScubaV

Prophet
I'm thinking the more viable options are AA/BA or CB/DB in terms of Jing's health. I don't think BB is a good combo. I think chances of Jing being forced to fight with 1A or 1B is rather high and he's already running on fumes.

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, I think people are too quick to assume we are out of the woods already now that we survived the Hundred Maniac Battle - which was, by the way, completely optional.

I think our challenge is only beginning now.

Jester

Arbiter
We have guardian of metal pretender to title Zhang Jue like, if he can win against him and all sect heads i vote for escaping this world altogether.

Nevill

Arcane
We have guardian of metal pretender to title Zhang Jue like, if he can win against him and all sect heads i vote for escaping this world altogether.
Ok, suppose he can't win.

What happens if manxing targets Jing, like Qingfeng and Lanhai did? Who we will have to sacrifice this time, Armaiti? Cao'er?

What happens if Vairya exhausts himself in battle (as Wuxing is a cautious fighter and prefers to hide behind the others, see Heihu Valley and Ahura Battle)? What are we going to do then, surrounded by wounded, children and convicts?

I am just saying, winning is not the ultimate goal. Not losing anything or anyone is important, too.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
Ok, suppose he can't win.

What happens if manxing targets Jing? Who we will have to sacrifice this time, Armaiti? Cao'er?

What happens if Vairya exhausts himself in battle (as Wuxing is a cautious fighter and prefers to hide behind the others)? What are we going to do then, surrounded by wounded, children and convicts?

I am just saying, winning is not the ultimate goal. Not losing anything or anyone is important, too.
Yeah still trying to dogpile person who most likely had changed older dragon brother into emm mindless zombie might be a bad idea? Who knows if he still have some of it on him, after all he is known to use special specifics, taking into consideration that older dragon succumbed to madness in like hour or so bad idea?

Nevill

Arcane
It worked just peachy with BJ, though.

You'd rather prefer he hit one of our Amesha Spenta instead?

Nah, I think I won't take any chances with him. It isn't dogpiling, it is readiness to fight we are talking about, and we may not have a choice in the matter.

After all, gulping down the potion does not imply we'll rush into the battle. It does not say it anywhere in the choice. Meaning that if we do join the fight, there will be a good reason to. Better be ready for it.

Call it a gut feeling, but I think we are still far from being done here.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
It worked just peachy with BJ, though.

You'd rather prefer he hit one of our Amesha Spenta instead?

Nah, I think I won't take any chances with him. It isn't dogpiling, it is readiness to fight we are talking about, and we may not have a choice in the matter.
Call it a gut feeling, but I think we are still far from being done here.
If he have it i expect he will use it on BJ. He might take few lv in badass, but i doubt he levelled enough to face him in death battle. Last time it was run or die for zhang.
Gut feeling? Gut enough for me.

Flop BA

On other hand im pleased he shape up and is living to name Zhang, by going maximum fuck.
Heroic journey. He started as weak lucky thrash, after meting master kind like our (and loosing some body parts?) he found courage in his heart and passion in his life. Martial arts truly change nature of man. (btw i totally told you that he is training in eye of tiger montage under gramps Xue)

Akkudakku

Arbiter
You know what? CB FLOP!

It seems better for us to see it unwind itself (and then we will be pushed into it anyway knowing DEMONZ).

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
On a somewhat unrelated note, treave, can we talk Song Lingshu into accepting the Chixiao Sword regardless of her allegiance?

If you get the chance to talk to her, you could try. Still, you'll probably be waving it around yourself soon enough if you choose to get into a fight, three-sword-style.

And what if the enfeeblement kicks in right after the fight?

Which fight? :troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Agility, so that you don't cut your own head off trying to juggle three swords.

Nevill

Arcane
So how much AGI did the Demon Swordsman have to juggle 100500 of them?

Or at some point an attribute score of 100 is as good as 1000?

Also, are we finally faster than BJ? When we were at AGI 12, we were just barely behind, or at least that's the vibe I got.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He had the demonic affinity for swordz trait, giving him +99 AGI when it comes to juggling them.

Nevill

Arcane
So, what kind of stat boost does our RESPONSIBILIDEMON grant us?

Don't tell me we failed to powergame the system again! :negative:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Responsible Father perk, or in other words the 'if you knock any one up you cannot avoid taking responsibility for it' trait that gives you +5 orthodoxy.

Nevill

Arcane
Is it at least cumulative? Can we get to +1000 orthodoxy just by screwing around?

Edit: :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom