Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Brazilian slaughters new plan still won't work for one reason: he has the tang clan surviving. According to Nuwa, if they continue to live the universe is doomed, so they must die within a few generations at most. I don't believe that any choice we can make will have them living. Unless we can somehow figure out a different plan, which doesn't look likely as half of us have given up to the point of suicide... Other than that his plan is very similar to mine.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

The only real difference between the proposed Cs and B seems to be:

A) Delayed ascension
B) Guarantee of Jing's descendants forming next dynasty.
Pretty much. The codex just wants a few years to say goodbye - and rub the fact that we are emperor in everyone's faces - before sacrificing ourselves for the greater good...and freaky snake lady poon.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Remember that in B Nuwa already offers to kick the problem of dynastic succession a few generations down the line.
It is a difference between making the Heavens themselves abide by their laws, and calling in a favor to exploit a loophole because the Gods can do what they please.

I don't know how much say we will have in the Heavenly matters, but I want them to comply by their own rules. I hope it might count as the first step.

Don't know if it helps anything at all, but I'd like that to be our intention at least.

We may be not above their rules, but they shouldn't be, either.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave :
We say that the offer of becoming emperor is tempting, but that the idea of spending eternity as her divine plaything is far more pleasant. Yet, we wish our offspring to have the dynasty in our place, so that they may offer up continual devotion and praise to her on earth while we remain slave to our undying love for her in heaven. Ask for ten years. During that time, Shun will abdicate the throne to us and reveal his duplicity in faking his father's death, setting right the blasphemy and making it known that heavens rule is not to be mocked. He will be exiled to maniac island, along with his whole household. His bloodline will die a quiet death there. Or, if it pleases her, we will kill him now, but as her pet an devoted servant, we'd ask her mercy towards us in this so that our eternal love and devotion toward her is not marred by feelings of bitterness.

Edit: per baltika's suggestion, we'd also add that regardless of her of whether or not she would grant us our humble suggestion, we'd beg the honor of her embrace now as it is painful for us to restrain ourself from her great beauty - though only if she desires it.
Just feel the need to point out that Lambchop's C has Shun's dynasty being replaced within that ten year period and apologize for that Disappearance Of The Golden Emperor thing. Hopefully that will count for something.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It is a difference between making the Heavens themselves abide by their laws, and calling in a favor to exploit a loophole because the Gods can do what they please.

I don't see where they're breaking any laws of theirs.

Nevill

Arcane
I don't see where they're breaking any laws of theirs.
Well, didn't they say it's a rule for the dynasties to change every now and then, and that Tang have overstayed their welcome?

They are willing to 'postpone' it if we please the Goddess, though. To me, that sounds like bribing the judge to get a convict a less severe sentence.

No, rules are rules, and they won't be bent.

Besides, the old dynasty will have a few generations before they collapse. A new dynasty may have longer. It might be better for the country and its people that way.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Think of it less as postponing and more of making the transition between dynasties more peaceful and gradual, which itself requires time to accomplish.

Besides, at this point they're already well within their rights to waive the direct meddling clause and rain divine judgement upon the entire country over the Tang's unnatural reign, like the days of old.

They have been remarkably restrained, actually.

Nevill

Arcane
Think of it less as postponing and more of making the transition between dynasties more peaceful and gradual, which itself requires time to accomplish.
Oh. I thought they still intend to make it as bloody as every other transition. I didn't think they cared much about the exact mechanism.

That is why I felt it would be easier to do so now, given that Shun and Jing are so close that a bloodshed might be unnecessary.

Still... can they make our kids Emperors without all of this coming to bite us in the back? Because it is kinda cool. :cool: We may even keep Gao Ying and Xiahou You as their advisors.

Baltika9

Arcane
So they cared enough for us to hold off the whole shebang? That's what I call family.

Nevill

Arcane
Hm.

If we want to make our children royalty, then wouldn't it be better if Jing supplants Shun as Emperor, and then ascends to Heaven? This time for real.

Sort of a mix between A and B. Except Shun gets to live.

Lambchop19?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The concession on letting your descendants run the new dynasty is acceptable. That's the only one. She's not about to let you run off before kissing her foot and swearing an eternal binding geas of loyalty. It's gonna be hawt.

Nevill

Arcane
Heh.

Yang Xue's and Khan Bulun's descendants run the country, while the Wudu cult advises them from the shadows, all of them bound by our blood.

Yeh, that's totally the ending I would get behind, even if it makes Jing kiss Nuwa's feet.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You can never betray her will, and on the off chance that impossibility happens, the laws of the universe converge to ensure you suffer a fate worse than death.

What, you think Nuwa's going to make the same mistake twice? :lol:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
As roughly as you want, until you are utterly broken.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom