Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Esquilax

Arcane
Forever. Xu Jing doesn't do sloppy seconds.

This is important. I would be willing to cut a deal with Lady Nuwa provided our harem can join us in Heaven and that our snake-wife must be in fourth place after Qilin, Yunzi and Cao'er.

Fangshi

Arcane
Esquilax said:
This is important. I would be willing to cut a deal with Lady Nuwa provided our harem can join us in Heaven and that our snake-wife must be in fourth place after Qilin, Yunzi and Cao'er.

Baltika9 is right though, we have to be fair. If Jing gets to bring the harem then Nuwa should get another three and I can think of one already... someone gifted as fuck (and likely gifted at fucking)... she will learn to love Shun's cock as much as the 'Dex does. :salute:

Baltika9

Arcane
Esquilax, since Lambchop's C is winning, can you make any suggestions as to how to make it successful?
On brazillian slaughters plan and c in general:

Firstly, suggesting an ascension of shun will piss her the fuck off. They hate the fake ace soon we pulled before.
Secondly, she has been pretty clear she wants shun's whole bloodline destroyed and is only willing to hold off on it if she gets something in return.

I propose we offer her a combination of A and B:

C
We say that the offer of becoming emperor is tempting, but that the idea of spending eternity as her divine plaything is far more pleasant. Yet, we wish our offspring to have the dynasty in our place, so that they may offer up continual devotion and praise to her on earth while we remain slave to our undying love for her in heaven. Ask for ten years. During that time, Shun will abdicate the throne to us and reveal his duplicity in faking his father's death, setting right the blasphemy and making it known that heavens rule is not to be mocked. He will be exiled to maniac island, along with his whole household. His bloodline will die a quiet death there. Or, if it pleases her, we will kill him now, but as her pet an devoted servant, we'd ask her mercy towards us in this so that our eternal love and devotion toward her is not marred by feelings of bitterness.

Edit: per baltika's suggestion, we'd also add that regardless of her of whether or not she would grant us our humble suggestion, we'd beg the honor of her embrace now as it is painful for us to restrain ourself from her great beauty - though only if she desires it.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

D is akin to suicide. Let's ruin the final choice just because we don't like the options. If you have something better than my choice or praying to the guy we just killed or his supposed god, I'm all ears.

We screwed up bros. No not by pray but by not finding the astrologer. We missed our chance and now we have to make the best of it.

Baltika9

Arcane
Bro, I really think that asking for ten years is way too much for Nuwa. I doubt it will roll past her. Read the text, she wants Jing and she wants him now. Pretty sure she would be fine with everything on the list except any delay to getting our body.

What are ten years to a god? We will still be in our prime for lovemaking etc. it's reasonable. Besides, hopefully if she disagrees she'll have a counter offer.

Ok, so the only other options I can see for this are using the lawyering which we don't know enough about it using the divine flame somehow which we also don't know enough about.

Really, b is probably the safest bet, but not many of you bros seem to want it. This is the only option I can see of the options presented so far that seem to have a chance of
working out.

Think bros. Is there something else we've missed?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
D is akin to suicide. Let's ruin the final choice just because we don't like the options. If you have something better than my choice or praying to the guy we just killed or his supposed god, I'm all ears.
You realize that if people are choosing suicide over your (or any other) choice, it means that the choices are really shitty?

Some would prefer to die a rabbit rather than break the character that way, and consider it a better ending.

Welcome to God diplomacy.
Think bros. Is there something else we've missed?
Our chance to end it without involving Gods? :M :lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
If her counter offer involves pinning us to the ground and taking us right then and there, sure. I dunno, man:
“You mean that Heaven is helpless? I am terribly sorry to bother you then,” you say flatly, your eyebrows arched.

“No!” Perhaps you are imagining it, but a dark, terrible void passes behind Nuwa’s eyes for an instant. The goddess shakes her pretty head. “I mean, no, not at all,” she says, her eyes now shining with even more compassion for your predicament. “Heaven has its ways. The rise of a new dynasty, with the favour of Heaven… that is a way of averting a catastrophe. In fact, I do believe that you are the best candidate for the job.”

“You mean… that I become the new Emperor.”

Nuwa nods happily. “Yes, Jing. If you would seek to rule, I can grant you Heaven’s blessing. All I ask is that you whole-heartedly acknowledge me as your one and only goddess, in gratitude for this favour.” After pausing for a while, she frowns, “Of course, the blood of the previous dynasty must be expunged for their crimes against the order of Heaven. You would have to end your friend’s life with your own hands to show that you deserve the right to rule. I am sorry, but that is the way it works.”

You glance at Shun. Your fists tighten reflexively. “Is that the only way?”

“Well…” Nuwa steps closer to you, close enough that you can smell her enthralling fragrance. “There is one other way. If you are willing to join me in Heaven, I might be able to help the Tang Emperor maintain his domain for a few more generations yet.”

“Do you mean that you want me to become your ally?” you ask, slightly suspicious.

Nuwa fidgets a little, and you swear that you can see a faint blush on her cheeks. “No, not exactly. I… I need a consort to work with. I think you are a very interesting and talented mortal, Jing. As a deity, you would be very capable in assisting me to reshape the world into a better one. And of course… we could…” Her voice trails off and she looks away shyly.

You breath in deeply. This is all too new to you. “Are these the only options I have?”

“Yes. These are the only twochoices that you have.” There seems to be a slight flicker of annoyance in her voice, though you cannot be sure.
I get the feeling that she has been waiting for us for long enough. The time to give ourselves to the hot snake woman is now.

Treave underestimates how happy I am about snake lady sex.
You realize that if people are choosing suicide over your (or any other) choice, it means that the choices are really shitty?

Some would prefer to die a rabbit rather than break the character that way, and consider it a better ending.

Welcome to God diplomacy.
, compared to the impotent end that A would have given us, hear choices are an improvement.

And voting suicide is just whining at this point. You have the importuning to suggest whatever you like, using it rather than getting all but hurt and taking your ball home.

Absinthe

Arcane
Lambchop19, you don't get it.

All of these options, A-C, are bullshit options. We don't want to get entangled with the woman who just got our best friend to try to kill us and attempted to end the current dynasty. No matter what you pick, Jing will be betraying his principles and his harem. A number of us feel that it is also categorically bullshit to resort to a deus ex machina ending even if PRAY were to succeed. Jing accomplishes his results by his own sweat and blood, and now at the very last stage he throws it all away to the same person who's been screwing him over the entire time? When has Jing been such a complete fucking pussy? After an entire LP of NO PRAY, at the very last stage you want to use PRAY to screw it all over with whatever bullshit?

I'd much rather take a chance of setting matters right than to persist with this wrongness. So yes, we're hitting Abort.

A-C, depending on the choice, have shun surviving, using getting to be with our harem, us becoming a god, and/or freaking snake lady sex.

To me these are pretty damn good options compared to killing our best friend and going on a doomed vengeance quest or being killed by him and knowing our harem will die avenging us.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And voting suicide is just whining at this point.
No, I think whining over people choosing suicide is whining.

Somehow, people are just not that thrilled about a perspective of eternal sexual slavery to our oppressor when we promised our love to a different woman (women) altogether.

I can't 'suggest what I like', because there is nothing that I like about the situation. :)

To me these are pretty damn good options compared to killing our best friend and going on a doomed vengeance quest
That was a choice, BTW. I know I would not be voting for a vengeance upon Heaven that is utterly pointless.

To me, dismissing everything we cared about for the whole game is no different from a suicide. Jing we've known and grew to love would cease to exist either way.

If you look at it that way, the difference between B and D is just 'to bend over' and 'not to bend over'.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
I'd much rather take a chance of setting matters right than to persist with this wrongness. So yes, we're hitting Abort.

It's not so simple now that we've basically fallen into Nuwa's trap and gotten an invitation into her domain since we used the PRAY option. Yes, it was retarded, but no, there will be no rollback for this. So, unless we pull a Blackadder and think up some exceptionally cunning plan, I think we're better off with either A or B. I'm kind of butthurt about the vote too, but I've been pretty busy and mostly skimmed the previous update, so I guess I can't complain too much because I abstained.

Absinthe

Arcane
Lambchop19, they all have you bow your head to the biggest villain of the story and give them what they really want (your subservience). And all of them have you pay something:

A) You kill your best friend anyway and this time it's because you fucking SOLD OUT.
B) You betray your harem who are genuinely on Jing's side in exchange for being with the most manipulative and greedy bitch in the whole setting, just so that she would save Shun. These are the same A and B options as before, only with a few perks in exchange for being a terrible person.
C) You try to bargain with Nuwa, despite the fact that you have nothing to bargain with, and can readily piss her off, not to mention you have to sell out regardless in the hopes of getting anything done.

Then there is:
D) You politely decline and realize Jing solves his own problems instead of settling for this bullshit.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The whole point here is coming to the understanding that only by submitting to the Will of Heaven can you find happy (for a given definition of joy) endings. +M

Hot naga sex is just the cherry on top.

Nevill More like because you can't think of anything. Defeatist bullshit.
And voting suicide is just whining at this point.
No, I think whining over people choosing suicide is whining.
So you admit that choosing suicide is whining and you don't like that I'm pointing that out. Gotcha.

I know there is something were missing, bro. Treave wount have given is c if there wasn't. We just have to think of it instead of giving up.

Absinthe

Arcane
Is she really evil because she decided to fight for her love?
Well, when she ruins empires, your lives, your best friend, and your romances to make you come crawl to her, yes. Yes she is.

She's a terrible person.

Absinthe We have our love and adoration to bargain with in my C. Hopefully that will be enough. B is true to our character in that it is self sacrifice.

Baltika9

Arcane
Honestly, the only two things that I don't like with Lambchop's C are these:
I don't think she's going to be cool with us requesting ten years,
and that we are not asking her to make love to us roughly.

I don't know if we could survive her being rough...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom