Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Both choices involve sneaking. Since he's lost the manual and pretty much has to improvise on his Yinglang Step based both on his experiences and what he can recall, he can practice it anywhere. There'll be a single increase in level for the technique, though I didn't want to clutter up the choices even further by putting it in.

Baltika9

Arcane
Gotcha. We really need to invest in an offensive style, we have stealth and evasion covered. Basic fistplay isn't going to cut it, excuse the pun, from here on out. Definitely going for 2C, will hear arguments on 1, both paths seem viable to me.
A makes us better at interpersonal skills, haggling and pickpocketing, so we won't starve on the streets once we break off from this guy (as cool as he is, we have more important shit to do). The charisma and intelligence bonuses are pretty good too (8 INT, are you kidding me?)
B gives us even more herbalism skills that will help us with curing ourselves down the line, since qi isn't an option, trapping that will allow us to live off the land, as opposed to the pockets of other people, which in turn will lead to less run-ins with the local law enforcement and less stints in jail (although finding a hardass criminal Master in Chinese prisons and learning from him could be pretty awesome as well). The perception and endurance bonuses will also make us a beastly straight-up fighter.
I figure we can use the Yuhe Finger technique to affect our own qi alignment when we have a greater mastery, allowing us to minimalise our weakness. If that's not the case, or there's no benefit for our own qi management, I'll flip to AA. I'm definitely not interested in the second B.
Sadly, no.
Your internal energy is crippled. Yuhe Finger won't have any real applications in the near future, I just thought it'd be nice to offer the choice. It would be very useful if you ever figure out a way to deal with that mess inside you, so it's a long term choice. But you might find better stuff along the way. It's up to you.
Since his next target should logically be YuHua Hall in the city, then the improved stats for A will stand in him good stead. As for money, I'm thinking since he has ahem, extensive experience acquiring unpaid monies subtly, he could still do the same when he needs to acquire money to go to Yu Hua Hall. It's a brothel, not a charity house. They want cold, hard cash. So that's one less worry. And I still get my Pressure Point and Herbalism stat from being forced to stay with the goaty duo, I'm happy with this choice.
We're fifteen and won't be able to put up a fight against those courtesans, if Sarkeesian's little demonstration is anything to go by, so I wouldn't worry about going there for quite a while.
and unfortunately, the one who begged me to save you was my idiot apprentice Cao’er over there.” He jerks his thumb at the girl, who shakes her head furiously and continues staring at the floor, as if it will open up and swallow her into a nice hiding spot if she looks at it long enough.
Aaand we found our psycho stalker. Great.

Last edited:

LWC1996

Learned
Since his next target should logically be YuHua Hall in the city, then the improved stats for A will stand in him good stead. As for money, I'm thinking since he has ahem, extensive experience acquiring unpaid monies subtly, he could still do the same when he needs to acquire money to go to Yu Hua Hall. It's a brothel, not a charity house. They want cold, hard cash. So that's one less worry. And I still get my Pressure Point and Herbalism stat from being forced to stay with the goaty duo, I'm happy with this choice.
We're fifteen and won't be able o put up a fight against those courtesans, if Sarkeesian's little demonstration is anything to go by, so I wouldn't worry about going there for quite a while.

Well, many didn't think he was too young at 14 to be wandering out in the world alone. I think that if he can be sent off into the dangerous pugilistic world at the young age of 14 unprepared and with no street smarts, I see no reason why I should spare any thought for his tender age of 15 from going to the Yu Hua Hall. Many were all gungho about him looking for adventure and finding that psycho woman-in-black, right? So that's what I'm going to do. But having said that, we shall have to see what choices we have in the next update from treave.

And also, one does not go there to beat up the courtesans...that's why Jing has increased stats for Charisma, Speech...you sweet talk them with your words and also with money. 'sides their Yu Hua Palm is for idiotic customers who think to run off on them before paying. *shrugs* they deserve it actually if they're gonna do something that stupid.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If Cao'er is a goat apprentice, she would truly be a psycho stalker. Which would you prefer? :lol:

I thought we would run into that healer because he was a very interesting background, just didn't think we would do it right away. Just our luck.

Ok, voting:

1A - because intelligence, fuck yeah; and other things sound very useful once we leave this guy and head out to investigate our new lead.

2C - because healing technique is a very valuable thing to have, even if we can't use it on ourselves at this time.

edit: Updating my second vote to 2C > 2A. I just don't like poisons. I'm even tempted to go for A (because we really do need an offensive technique), but C just sounds so rare (where else are we going to learn it if not from a martial physician?) that I can't pass it on. Yes, it doesn’t sound so great now, but if we ever work out the problems it would be awesome. Surely there will be plenty of offensive techniques in the future.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Just because we went E doesn't mean we have to commit suicide. Walk the land, learn and whe we are ready, strike.
Or go there and conduct forward recon, that's a good idea too, we'll just need to disguise ourselves. We're way ahead of the game in regards to information than what we'd get from a monastery, we can afford to be patient.
And also, one does not go there to beat up the courtesans...that's why Jing has increased stats for Charisma, Speech...you sweet talk them with your words and also with money. 'sides their Yu Hua Palm is for idiotic customers who think to run off on them before paying. *shrugs* they deserve it actually if they're gonna do something that stupid.
Unless Sarkeesian spots us, she seems the sort with a long memory and we did leave something on her face to remember us by. :lol:
Then we're well and truly fucked, not the good or merciful kinds either.

LWC1996

Learned
For all we know the psycho woman in black was just chasing down a Prince who didn't pay up after availing himself of their wonderful service. She could just be a bouncer doing her job with utmost dedication.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
As likely as her being the Supreme Sadist Mistress of the brothel, I suppose? I'm sure with that type of performance she's popular with a certain clientele. :lol:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
All I can say is, be careful with women and watch your back. Having an epilogue scene where you get stabbed to death in bed by your jilted lovers would be rather embarrassing. High charisma, intelligence and speech skills are mandatory to successfully negotiate your way to the Harem End. It is not an easy path, grasshopper.

Baltika9

Arcane
All I can say is, be careful with women and watch your back. Having an epilogue scene where you get stabbed to death in bed by your jilted lovers would be rather embarrassing. High charisma, intelligence and speech skills are mandatory to successfully negotiate your way to the Harem End. It is not an easy path, grasshopper.
Where can we learn pimp-fu?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Mount Wudang. All is the Tao, and the Tao is All. All Ways lead to the Tao, and from the Tao all Ways go forth. The Way of Balance, the Way of Harmony, and the Way of the Harem King.

Baltika9

Arcane
Could the horses hating us be related to our messed up qi and does it extend to other animals as well. I figure the physician would know about that, given his astounding knowledge of qi.

Baltika9

Arcane
They die on us, we make them ill at ease and sick just by standing on them. Something tells me it's related to our qi.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It also makes the Yuhue Finger sound like bad news, right? If our qi is so fucked up, then impressing it on others might lead to explosions. That would be rather unorthodox, right? Amusing, but unorthodox...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes, Yuhe involves you putting your internal energy into other people. No word on whether other people will like it. :troll:

But for now any effects will be minor, since most of your qi is being suppressed by the pills you take.

Baltika9

Arcane
"Come little rabbitt, let me heal your broken leg."
SPLAT!
"Master, it happened again!"

In regards to harems, given our protagonists' horrible history with intimacy, I think we should start off with just one princess in this LP. Yunzi seems woman enough for Tigerbro.
:troll:

Yes, Yuhe involves you putting your internal energy into other people. No word on whether other people will like it.

But for now any effects will be minor, since most of your qi is being suppressed by the pills you take.
Can you tell us what exactly would those effects be at this point if we tried to use it to help somebody? Would it work as expected, but with additional side-effects, or would it actually cause harm instead?

Also, do we now have a terminal dependency on those pills? What would happen if we stop taking them and what are the practical consequences of suppressing our qi - are we limited in quieggong / neigong or something else?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom