Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
“I believe in what I say,” replies Yunzi with conviction. “On the other hand, should I win this competition, I would have your sister join me in the Temple.” As hostage for Prince Tenzin’s good behaviour, you presume, but that remains unspoken.

“Done!” grins the prince fiercely.

Yunzi beat Prince Tenzin handily. His sister will have to go to the Fire Temple. Seems the wedding is off?

Kipeci

Arcane
This man very clearly seems to be the type of man who would take from his family the trait of getting incredibly petty over these sorts of things, he's going to want revenge if we beat him and chuck him off the stage. It's better to leave him be and let Wuni take care of that trash.
He is going to want revenge if we kick him out... but he is not going to want revenge if we leave him be and leave him - armed - in the arena. Even after we tore his ear off and scarred his face. He is not so petty to hold that against us, oh no.

The logic is highly amusing.
Yeah, and what is he going to do about it in the ring? He can't hold a candle to us. You've hinted something about him fighting unfairly, but he's tried that already to no effect. I trust that Wuni can take care of him while we fight Yunzi.

I just don't want to murder him in case the girl is right.

As opposed to a regular murderer like Jing who goes around popping people's arms off? We were fighting to kill, too, it'd be awfully hypocritical to start moralizing about this guy. This was advertised as a tournament to the death, should we be surprised that it has happened?
Do you really see her attacking us to if we take this guy on? That's not even tsusdere, that's just mental.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
“I believe in what I say,” replies Yunzi with conviction. “On the other hand, should I win this competition, I would have your sister join me in the Temple.” As hostage for Prince Tenzin’s good behaviour, you presume, but that remains unspoken.

“Done!” grins the prince fiercely.

Yunzi beat Prince Tenzin handily. His sister will have to go to the Fire Temple. Seems the wedding is off?
No.
In a way, yes, and Yunzi is taking part in both, while the prince is pretty much the only one taking her challenge. Perhaps it's easier to see if we break it down into the assumed objectives for each participant.

Yunzi
Fight off the prince's affection, win competition, take princess home
She beat the prince, but the competition is not over yet.

Note that this is the same competition that the others participate in they are talking about.

Nevill said:
Even if she waits for you to take the bandit out, and then jumps you, that still leaves the monk alone with Wuni. And that is against our goal here.
Just tell her: "What the fuck do you think you are doing!? Have you lost your mind? And wipe the dead guy of your feet!" Seriously, unless she's gone completely nuts she will not bother us until we dealt with the fucking axe murderer.
Let's try this again.

I just don't want to murder him in case the girl is right.
Hint, hint. That's what A2 is there for.
Also, he would have no problem murdering you, whether the girl is right or not.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Do you really see her attacking us to if we take this guy on? That's not even tsusdere, that's just mental.

Sure, to make it a group project and land a few hits against us. If she doesn't do that, she's crushing the rest of the people... and given that the vote is apparently going towards killing or tossing out Zhang rather than leaving him alone for now, that doesn't leave her many more people to destroy than Wuni. It's not as if these people had no idea that killing was going to be a thing in this tournament when that's how it was advertised.

I've already said how I hope things are may continue after we dealt with the first guy. I dislike this guy and have therefore made him my first target, as I did in the last choice. If you want to vote for something else, go ahead.

I guess then you guys have different perception of her than I do. I generally don't think she's that nuts.

Tribute

Arbiter
Since I don't think I actually changed my vote yet, gonna flop to A2A3>A2A1. Hopefully we can get Yunzi to help us out, and then fight us one-on-one once those two are dealt with.

If she clobbers Wuni, I suppose we can declare that we can't accept the prize because Yunzi's calling dibs on us (and then we fight her), and hand the princess off to the guy who lasted the next longest (i.e. Wuni). Not sure how well that'd actually work though.

Kipeci

Arcane
Hint, hint. That's what A2 is there for.
Also, he would have no problem murdering you, whether the girl is right or not.

To further expand what I was saying, if he is acting as an agent of Shun, I don't want Jing to be the sole responsibility for his defeat. Allow Wuni to shoulder some of that so that Shun isn't just pissed at us, the guy also failed him by being a loser instead of just being trashed by a ridiculous fighter that no one expected to join in. I want to give Wuni something to do while we're fighting real pugilists.

Nevill

Arcane
I've already said how I hope things are may continue after we dealt with the first guy. I dislike this guy and have therefore made him my first target, as I did in the last choice. If you want to vote for something else, go ahead.

I guess then you guys have different perception of her than I do. I generally don't think she's that nuts.
I have no problem with that. What I find strange, however, is that you use the sanity argument to counter mine.

Why would she need to be nuts to fight you after you deal with the bandit, leaving the monk to throw Wuni out? It's fair game!

I meant she will not attack us while we are fighting him, which is what originally you argument was, wasn't it? And afterwards we would see what happens or not.

asxetos

Augur
Shun's plan was probably to get the Princess as a hostage through marriage and prevent Tufan aggresion peacefully.
Thats why he sent Zhang here. Now that he is out of the competition (one way or the other) I think that the only way to help Shun will be to win the tournament and keep the Princess for ourselves. Damn you Treave for making us stand in the way of true love :/

Nevill

Arcane
asxetos said:
Shun's plan was probably to get the Princess as a hostage through marriage and prevent Tufan aggresion peacefully.
Or it was to kill this guy horribly. Or to set up Eunuch Wang for something unpleasant. Why do you even think you can substitute yourself for him?

Maybe we should not assume things and try to be the Savior of the Empire every time we hear Shun's name?

That joker didn't stand a chance since the beginning.

Tribute

Arbiter
Maybe next time he should use someone who wouldn't offend all of Jing's moral sensibilities.

Absinthe

Arcane
Choice One: A1. Either kill him or help him win, and we're not going to help him win.

I'm pretty sure Shun's objectives were "win-win." If he wins, then Shun has influence over Tibet. If he loses, then he's dead and out of Shun's way. What you guys are voting to do is neither.

Still undecided on choice two.

asxetos

Augur
Or it was to kill this guy horribly. Or to set up Eunuch Wang for something unpleasant. Why do you even think you can swap yourself for him?

Maybe we should not assume things and try to be the Savior of the Empire every time we hear Shun's name?

That joker didn't stand a chance since the beginning.

Shun had to pull some serious favors to get this guy trained by all the Sects.
He is an asshole, yes, but you cant really believe that he stood no chance in the Battle Royal if we were not involved, especially with Xiaofang's help.
And yes, i do want to be the Savior of the Empire because i am Shun's man. Thats why i hate this loyalty check (Harem - Love - Empire conflict).

Nevill

Arcane
asxetos said:
Shun had to pull some serious favors to get this guy trained by all the Sects.
Shun? I am pretty sure he does not hold that much sway over the Eight Sects.
Wuxung, on the other hands, does. And manxing is his personal disciple.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
We're still Shun's man, but we're more clearly Shun's friend as opposed to Shun's tool right now. It's a more equal relationship, and he knows we don't need to jump through hoops for him anymore. If there's something he really needs we'll be there for him.

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh come on. This 'Yunzi will backstab' shit is plain old ridiculous, let's get it out of the way immediately. She has always wanted a good fair fight against us to properly test our and her mettle, e.g. 'last night was inconclusive'. She wants to fight us not to kill or vanquish us in some way, but because this is our bond. She's not interested in fucking us over at all costs or beating us at all costs. She wants a good fight. It should be immediately evident to her that we want to get rid of other disturbances - and it will be easy for us to signal this to her as well. Do any of you actually imagine Yunzi backstabbing and say Ha, finally got you? She's not Bai Jiutian, she's not Theseus, she's not even Qilin. Sorry but this is about as farfetched as the DISCUSS! gets, you're barking up the wrong tree in the wrong forest in the wrong continent.

asxetos

Augur
Shun? I am pretty sure he does not hold that much sway over the Eight Sects.
Wuxung, on the other hands, does. And manxing is his personal disciple.
You are correct, but there is no discernible motive for Wuxung to want the Princess as a hostage, and if he really did need her, he would have sent Bai Jiutian instead.
I am pretty sure zhang acts as Shun's agent (presumably) in this.

But there is no point in continuing this discussion since we cannot know until the next couple of updates.

Tribute

Arbiter
I don't think Yunzi will backstab us, I think she might take out Wuni. Or he might get taken out while we're fighting Yunzi.

Nevill

Arcane
asxetos said:
You are correct, but there is no discernible motive for Wuxung to want the Princess as a hostage, and if he really did need her, he would have sent Bai Jiutian instead.
I was only addressing your point about Shun pulling his weight to train the guy. He didn't.

Tigranes said:
Oh come on. This 'Yunzi will backstab' shit is plain old ridiculous, let's get it out of the way immediately.
Who are you even talking to? :) Did anyone actually make that argument?

Tigranes said:
'last night was inconclusive'
Oh, I can not agree more.

As the both of you struggle to gain the upper hand over the other, whirling about the room in a strange, violent dance, you trip over the smouldering remains of the screen and crash onto the bed, taking her down with you. She stares at you, breathing heavily. Her skin is flushed, a bead of sweat dripping down her brow. Her sweat, mixed with the fragrance – now you recall where you had encountered it: it was during your first fight with her, back on the steppes. The two of you are so close that your noses are almost touching. Her mouth parts slightly.
It really was.

Absinthe

Arcane
I am pretty sure zhang acts as Shun's agent (presumably) in this.

But there is no point in continuing this discussion since we cannot know until the next couple of updates.
I'm pretty sure Shun's objectives were to have him dead or gone. If he wins he stays in Tibet (and Shun could influence Tibet more). If he loses he's a corpse. The dude's a drug rapist and now you want to show mercy because maybe Shun had a plan for him?

If you vote A you already fucked the plan of getting him hitched. What do you see in this man that is still worth sparing his life beyond a plan that you are actively stopping?

Kipeci

Arcane
I'm not saying that Yunzi will backstab us, I'm worried that she'll destroy Wuni in an attempt to get rid of the clutter here. We want to beat Yunzi and yet we want to not win, specifically with Wuni taking the victory. Yunzi just plans on winning the whole thing, so she doesn't care about the lesser pugilists in them and will destroy them in battle without a second thought while we're trying to support one guy.

Baltika9

Arcane
Wolf motif.
High Priestess of the Tengrii.
High Priestess of the Fire Cult.
Knows magic and mysticism.

YUNZI IS SHULGI, BROS!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom