Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Akkudakku

Arbiter
+M Go-go rationalization hamster!
We have a hardass rep, 7 stealth and 6 speech. I don't think anyone is going to fuck with us over some herbs.
Moreover, since we're picking our next travel destination means that we'll be setting out there after we do whatever. Which means 1C succeeds.
Hey we were way stronger than manxing and way more skilled than him we should have succeded right? did we? nope. Lets not go with 'has to work' here.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yes, we are stronger than manxing and way more skilled. Which is why we won in the fight - and would have won in any of the combinations.

And we failed in everything else, because certain people pushed for a stupid and unnecessary course of action. :M

Baltika9

Arcane
One fuck up doesn't make it a rule. Fucker got lucky and fucked us over.
And I'd rather we risk being noticed over encouraging/commiting rape.

Absinthe

Arcane
If we go to Tianshan, we can probably get the Xuanming Jiuyin Holy Art or at least some very good clues on it.

Esquilax

Arcane
Absinthe, c'mon, nobody has any ideas where the Nine Yin Holy Art is. I get it, you really like the choice and have been pushing for it ever since it was available, but I think you have some tunnel vision on this one. If we head to Chang'an, it is a closer trip than going all the way north, and we'll still have clues regarding the Nine Yang Divine Skill. Besides, the best clue that we have is the one from the Central Plains: mysterious men-in-black killed a bunch of Imperial constables and took the Nine Yang manual.

Esquilax

Arcane
Remember Jing's LUC score of 1?

The luck argument is a terrible one. I wish people would know after nearly 800 pages to stop making it:

A bit of advice for the future: don't plan for bad luck when making the choices. Luck is capricious and unpredictable, even the bad sort. You're not at the level of terrible luck that you know will happen consistently, all day, every day, so heading into every choice thinking that you should try to predict any misfortune about to happen is only going to be a tiring waste of time.

Bad luck can hit us at any time, and we can't anticipate it or predict it. All we can do is roll with the punches when it inevitably does happen.

Shhh. Don't spoil the birth of another meme.

TIANSHAN. MOTHERFUCKING. MOUNTAIN RANGE. +ELEVENTYBILLION NEIGONG!!! MORE MOTHERFUCKING NEIGONG THAN YOU CAN SHAKE SMA'S GIANT COCK AT

Baltika9

Arcane
@Akkudakku:
Sure, we're not going to go full man mode and try to whoop Changfeng's ass, but with our luck stat we could end up with another injury. I mean, we were unlucky enough to have an arrow skim our eye, I'm sure we can break a bone or two or something pretty easily at this rate.
First things first, MystiKnight, you probably skipped the entire character creation DISCUSS (smart move), but we were specifically warned by the GM against factoring in our luck into our decision making completely, and there's a long-standing gentleman's agreement between every player to not mention the 'luck argument.' The arrow destroying our eye was the price of the rollback, nothing less and nothing more.
A bit of advice for the future: don't plan for bad luck when making the choices. Luck is capricious and unpredictable, even the bad sort. You're not at the level of terrible luck that you know will happen consistently, all day, every day, so heading into every choice thinking that you should try to predict any misfortune about to happen is only going to be a tiring waste of time.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
@Akkudakku:
Sure, we're not going to go full man mode and try to whoop Changfeng's ass, but with our luck stat we could end up with another injury. I mean, we were unlucky enough to have an arrow skim our eye, I'm sure we can break a bone or two or something pretty easily at this rate.
First things first, MystiKnight, you probably skipped the entire character creation DISCUSS (smart move), but we were specifically warned by the GM against factoring in our luck into our decision making completely, and there's a long-standing gentleman's agreement between every player to not mention the 'luck argument.' The arrow destroying our eye was the price of the rollback, nothing less and nothing more.
Fine then. No 'fun' with you guys. Where are my :doublestandards: ?!

Rex Feral

Prophet
Just to be clear, I'm voting first choice C because I want it to be her choice to bed us, not because an aphrodisiac. I'm still for adding Song Linshu to the harem, and it would be cool to develop a romance with her on current conditions.

Esquilax

Arcane
Is there even an option to go to Tian Shan, I don't recall one being there before?

No there isn't. I mean, I guess that there's nothing physically stopping us from going, but we're nowhere close to finishing our business in the Central Plains. I mean, we have a lead on the Nine Yang Divine Skill - admittedly, a very thin one that everybody and their mother has, but a lead nonetheless - and there is the issue of travelling for about a month from the Central Plains to get to Tianshan. I mean, there's just so much to do here that I don't see why we'd go elsewhere.

And really, I don't see why our character would leave the Central Plains at this point when he's decided to make Cult business a bigger priority and we declined two chances to go there so far. Granted, one of those chances was because there was something dangerous brewing at the Fire Cult that we had to stop right away, but I don't see why we'd change our mind like that on the fly.

I don't think Absinthe is completely off here - the Xueguizi are mysterious masters of yin inner strength, they'd probably have some ideas as to where the manual would be, though it would probably be quite hard to get close to them. But nevertheless, given all that we have still to do here, I'd rather stick around.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

AA - 1A is more a revenge vote since you guys all guilted me into voting A last time. Jing the rapist. Enjoy it. :rance: 2A is at least a place we know the techniques are. Maybe a little derpy though going back so soon.

edit: plus the techniques the Emei possess sound like they'd fit our unorthodox style quite well. "Bone Dissolving Palm" etc...

Esquilax

Arcane
AA - 1A is more a revenge vote since you guys all guilted me into voting A last time. Jing the rapist. Enjoy it. :rance: 2A is at least a place we know the techniques are. Maybe a little derpy though going back so soon.

Bro, don't do it. Butthurt and voting are a terrible combination that only begets more butthurt. It's a vicious cycle. As Gandhi said "A butthurt revenge vote for a retarded Codexian vote, and we're all covered in shit. But I mean, metaphorically in shit, not literally, which is what would happen to our enemies would IF ONLY YOU RETARDS VOTED FOR THE BROWN WEDDING FUCK THIS THREAD I'M LEAVING FOREVER"* She'll just hate us and we'll fuck things up worse.

Good points on Emei. They definitely won't let us in and there is a high likelihood that we'll run into a very pissed off Abbess who we greatly disappointed when she backed us up, though. We'd probably have to give up the sword to even begin salvaging relations with them. And even that is just a first step.

* And that was how the Codex threw Gandhi into such a rage that he left the thread, never to return.

:negative:

archaen

Cipher
Patron
I must have cursed this LP when I joined. The level of Derp being voted for the last few updates reminds me of a down-syndromed squirrel snacking on cowflop mushrooms. CA > BC

Esquilax

Arcane
I must have cursed this LP when I joined. The level of Derp being voted for the last few updates reminds me of a down-syndromed squirrel snacking on cowflop mushrooms. CA > BC

No, you see, the Codex is merely saving up its meager amounts of intelligence for a super-important choice. The problem is that we just used up all of our smarts when we entered the Fire Temple in a risky gambit and became Fire Lord. We just need time to replenish our brainpower, up until then, the derp must flow.

Absinthe

Arcane
Treave, can we practice Wuxiang Qiankun by learning a qinggong upgrade or yuhe finger or throwing skill now? I figure if we can learn the entire 18 palms in 1 week by using the skill, we should get started on copying some of our friends' skills.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Though, really, do we have any chance of discerning what a choice would do for us?

Let's take the current choice at worst case scenarios:

A - we save Song Linshu's life but now she hates our guts, leaves together with Yifang and goes back to marry uncle Mao

B - both girls are horrified at what you made them do, hate your guts and leave

C - because the poison was acting more quickly than we thought or because we don't find ingredients for the cure in time or because bad luck, complications, Song Linshu dies, Yifang blames us and hates us.

Each choice has a chance to go so horribly bad that a hundred pages of discuss can't speculate accurately on what might happen.

And this has been going for a couple of updates already.

Baltika9

Arcane
C - because the poison was acting more quickly than we thought or because we don't find ingredients for the cure in time or because bad luck, complications, Song Linshu dies, Yifang blames us and hates us.
Worst case scenario here is that Cao'er is forced to rape her instead of Jing.
"Forced." Uhihihihihi.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Though, really, do we have any chance of discerning what a choice would do for us?

Let's take the current choice at worst case scenarios:

A - we save Song Linshu's life but now she hates our guts, leaves together with Yifang and goes back to marry uncle Mao

B - both girls are horrified at what you made them do, hate your guts and leave

Each choice has a chance to go so horribly bad that a hundred pages of discuss can't speculate accurately on what might happen.

And this has been going for a couple of updates already.
A - could be also she loves Jing(s wang) unconditionaly
B - little nun becomes uninhibitted and takes stick out of her ass, Song feels a little weird
C - Song dies

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Bro, I'm butthurt, but not that butthurt. The truth is, I don't really mind A that much.
Check out my avatar for more on this.
14410.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom