Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

ScubaV

Prophet
I suspect treave may just be testing us. For all the bitching about Yunzi being tsundere, the Codex's decisions toward her have been the pinnacle of tsundere. This seems like a pivotal moment that will determine their long-term outlook toward each other.

I just hope this delay doesn't encourage Sir Spamalot to go off and harass people.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You mean, humiliating her even further in front of everyone? That sort of outlook? :lol:

Edit: Nah, I'm kidding. You're right, I'm just testing you guys. :M

Esquilax

Arcane
I suspect treave may just be testing us. For all the bitching about Yunzi being tsundere, the Codex's decisions toward her have been the pinnacle of tsundere. This seems like a pivotal moment that will determine their long-term outlook toward each other.

Yeah, the way it works is, you show where your character puts their priorities by voting.

Trying to match up voter intent with the character's is difficult.

There also isn't much to say if Yunzi is consistently shifted to a lower priority. First the tournament is more important (and really, if Lantu came to participate he's likely able to speak Han), then your mission is more important, now the impending attack on the Wudu is more important.

You might argue it is unfair, that you could not be expected to choose anything but B given how dramatic and important it appears to be, but it seems that doesn't stop people from voting A and coming up with rational arguments for it.

So, yes, Jing might care about her - he obviously does, in a way - but if you're consistently building him up as the sort of character who holds duty to his mission and loyalty to his liege above his personal life whenever you get the choice, you can't be surprised when as a character he favors his obligations over the people he cares about.

That doesn't mean he'll eventually lose all interest and care for them, of course, but it's hard to argue that they are as important if you never make the conscious attempt to try and elevate their importance in the character's mind (by picking the related choices). Because it is possible that she'll never be a priority, that there'll always be other, more urgent things to accomplish, that you'll always pick the choices that drive you two apart.

If you use Yunzi as a means to win the challenge, you obviously prioritize winning the challenge over Yunzi. Given the stakes here, it's obvious that this could be a big moment for Jing, because it shows where his priorities lie: to the mission, or to the people around him. Given that we started off this LP by getting exiled in an attempt to save Yunzi and Bulun, and this sort of reckless spontaneity has made Xu Jing such an entertaining character, I just can't vote for anything else. I mean, if we were playing some methodical mastermind it might be fun, but it just feels wrong here.

That being said, I suppose A is a more sensible middle ground. I am considering it, to be honest.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is this what it is going to be about?

I did not think our intention was to humiliate her, either now, or back in the mansion.

I'd think kissing her in front of the whole temple is an open declaration of our feelings... that we still are totally oblivious about, since we presumably don't know why we are doing this.

Kayerts

Arcane
We've been trolling the girl for a long time. Treating her like a respected partner would probably be the biggest surprise at this point. Who knows, maybe the Shaolin bros will even take it as the mark of a serious if unorthodox combatant.

Flopping to A -> B. #sensitiveModernShaolinMonk

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'd think kissing her in front of the whole temple is an open declaration of our feelings... that we still are totally oblivious about, since we presumably don't know why we are doing this.

Perhaps, perhaps. That would be nice.

I'm just curious though, how do you guys think she's going to react this time? Considering the entire chain of events and all.

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
Flopping to C > A, as long as B does not win. I cannot understand how the kiss will be humilliating. She is not fucking 14, the feelings are mutual and we are giving her the strength to finish the gauntlet with us. Humilliating because the monks are watching? she might be the holy maiden but she is not the representative of the fire temple here. Jing is, even if everyone else doesnt know it.

I'm just curious though, how do you guys think she's going to react this time? Considering the entire chain of events and all.
I expect her to react like a grown woman when a man declares his love for her and she feels the same. But then i am not all too familiar with all this tsundere thing.

Esquilax

Arcane
I did not think our intention was to humiliate her, either now, or back in the mansion.

Well, I mean, it can be pretty humiliating, from her perspective. I mean, you use her to complete two challenges for you, then you come back and kiss her like this in front of everyone just for the hell of it. It's a mixed message, and it feels like we're fucking with her emotions, given the choices that led up to this. I'm not liking the cold, mechanical nature of B, and I do believe that this fight is winnable for us, but it is worth considering.

On that note, flopping to A > C

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Perhaps, perhaps. That would be nice.

She is a woman, you never know. But I see it as a way to make up with her for letting her go ahead alone. Whatever the result, it is worth it to show that Jing actualy cares about her.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Perhaps she would prefer such an intimate thing as a kiss would be better shared in private? Maybe having it be a public declaration would be terrifying for her? She's gone bonkers before, when she gets surprised. Look back to her reaction when she learned Jing was the new Lord of the Fire Temple..

Maybe A is more sensible indeed. I'm also tempted to flop. You could say...

I'm floundering. :yeah:

Flounder-59-Fish.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, I think this little discuss refreshed me enough to write something short. Let's lock the votes, and go with C. I'll update in a few

Kz3r0

Arcane
I wonder if we manage to defeat Yunzi when she will go apeshit.
Obviously the gauntlet has failed.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I expect her to react like a grown woman when a man declares his love for her and she feels the same. But then i am not all too familiar with all this tsundere thing.

Uh... Wait, before I start writing... Where does it states he declares his love in the choice? I want to be pretty sure I'm writing something in line with the expectations of the crowd this time.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, but I was talking about her reaction. This is a guy who would strip a fair maiden in an honourable fight. Same guy who kissed her on a whim, then ran off with that Wudu hussy, the both of them who also just recently had sex so loudly that it kept her awake all night. What guarantee does she have that this gesture means anything to him at all, when he himself is uncertain in the choice? :lol:

Oh well. I can compromise.

I'm recruiting 'love confession' lines that you guys think will work with the kiss.

Fire away.

:desu:

Nevill

Arcane
Part of the reason I voted for the choice is because I have no idea what it will result in, but I was very tempted to know.

Still, if the intent is of any indication, Jing does it because he feels a bit sorry for her looking all dejected and frustrated, and wants to fix it in some way. Maybe he feels a bit guilty about it. But since he does not understand why he wants to fix it (or tries his best not to understand), he does it in the only way he knows.

Whether he breaks more that he mends, that's the question. I just hope the both of them would recoignize what happened when the dust settles.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
treave said:
This is a guy who would strip a fair maiden in an honourable fight. Same guy who kissed her on a whim, then ran off with that Wudu hussy, the both of them who also just recently had sex so loudly that it kept her awake all night.

What guarantee does she have that this gesture means anything to him at all, when he himself is uncertain in the choice?
Uh... he keeps coming for her nevertheless. In the mansion, at the Black Tigers' valley, in Tufan, searching for her after the Tufan tournament at the Fire Temple (why did we go there, to check on Vairya?) and among the Central Plains.

If she thought about it for a second, she'd know we give a damn about her.

But oh well.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Fire away.

:desu:
Me Tarzan, you Jane.

You are my woman from now on.

Time to become the third *sssluuurrrrppp* work hard and do your best to become the first.

I am going to fill you to the brim with my essence.

M'lady I will be forever your servant *tips fedora trilby*

Kayerts

Arcane
Probably need to go with something #sensitiveModernShaolinMonk enough to really fuck with her expectations.

"With this, I bind my fate with yours."

Goddammit you guys, nothing's gayer than romancing women.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom