Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
also what's truly rude is copy pasting the top 5 or so tournament decks and spamming them over and over so I fucking never see anything original people who play this game don't have a single creative bone in their bodies

Tormod's Crypt is a hate crime, stop playing rude cards.

sideboard card. if 50%+ of the copy paste streamer netdeck meta wasn't relying on lurrus/graveyard recursion or zenith flare I wouldn't need it.
well this cycling bozo would have lost anyway even if I didn't play it but that's another story
Lurrus and Zenith Flare hate is well and good, but my copy paste netdeck has Kroxa so you're hurting me too Dawkins. I just want to play him from my graveyard and have him REEEEEEE cards out of hands.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Exile everything, fuck graveyard abuse.

My favorite is the faggots who spam mutate, then I exile like 5 creatures at once with a 2 mana spell.

Lithoform engine is based as fugg though.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
embercleave is not an OP card. You have to equip it, it does nothing on its own. Just keep up instant removal and laugh at the opponent.
Remove that and mono red would disappear from ranked top levels. If that's not op I wonder what your definition of op is...

Last edited:

lobsterfrogman

Scholar
embercleave is not an OP card. You have to equip it, it does nothing on its own. Just keep up instant removal and laugh at the opponent.
Remove that and mono red would disappear from standard top levels. If that's not op I wonder what your definition of op is...

To be honest I wrote "OP" because I don't think it is really OP - just a really high power card left in the pool. You could even argue that Bonecrusher Giant is way more OP because not every red deck plays Cleave while all red decks play the giant, but people cut it some slack because the number of situations where "I have Bonecrusher = GG" is way smaller than with Cleave.
Also, remove [CARDNAME] from the pool and [DECK] is no longer tier 1 is not a valid definition of OPness, because in a healthy meta the gap between tier 1 and tier 2 decks is small enough that removing ANY card would push decks using it into a second category.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014

sideboard card. if 50%+ of the copy paste streamer netdeck meta wasn't relying on lurrus/graveyard recursion or zenith flare I wouldn't need it.
well this cycling bozo would have lost anyway even if I didn't play it but that's another story
uhm, excuse you, you might call your sister a netdecker, but not me. If I play Lurrus, Kroxa etc it's because fucking mill rogues is every other BO1 match I have to play and I like crushing them.

Gyor

Savant

uhm, excuse you, you might call your sister a netdecker, but not me. If I play Lurrus, Kroxa etc it's because fucking mill rogues is every other BO1 match I have to play and I like crushing them.

I love turning Lurrus, Raise Dead, Necropanther, Orah, ect... against mill decks.

Gyor

Savant
The other day I was playing brawl with Purphose deck or Lurrus I forgot which, someone played Rob the Rich by turn three, I cast a spell killing it, he conceded immediately, talk about a one trick pony deck.

There is no card in my decks that is so irreplacable that I would concede by turn 2 or 3 if you killed it, I have multiple ways of winning.

In my Lurrus Brawl Lifegain deck I have Angel of Destiny with its alternate win condition, I have a variety of ways of pulling troops from my graveyard (Lurrus, Raise Dead, Orah, ect...)

In my Purphoros deck I have Terror of the Peaks + Purphoros + Immortal Pheonix (that Skull Smashing Giant), I have 5 of the seven dwarves + Lithocore, I now have that taunting goblin, Embercleave + Shadow Spear + Mirror Shield, ect... I might get Rob the Rich later.

So you kill one early I'm still in the game.

Last edited:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I promise I'll make this sanctums deck work someday, and then I'll post it here.

Sanctum's decks are too easily wrecked by a few exile cards or a "heliod's intervention"

It's better to splash sanctum's into another combo deck if that's your style.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I promise I'll make this sanctums deck work someday, and then I'll post it here.
go mono blue, 4x chromatic lantern and 4x sanctum of all and have 1 copy of every other shrine and everything else in the deck is either a 2 mana bounce spell or a "scry+draw" type thing and 3x river rebuke

anyway they added some old school lands to the store that look p cool

ALSO WTF IS THIS
xedZeYH.jpg

YES MORE NETDECKERS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED IN MTGA THANKS WOTC
FUCK
Uninstalling for the 3rd time this week

FUCK YOU wtoc :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

spectre

Arcane
ALSO WTF IS THIS
Now, if you bother to click it, you'll see it's all traditional decklists, which means the average brainless cunt can't just copypaste it into Bo1.
On second look, you'll see these decks look really random, that one only 10 cards in the sideboard with Raging Isles looks like an elaborate trolling attempt.

Farewell into the night

I have played Magic card game once in 2000 with my friend. He told me to wash my hands before touching his cards. That was weird. I mean, we washed them together.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
Kek

I just played a game where the guy played a blue / red deck and had played an artifact called Embercleave which gives a creature double-strike and can be cast with Flash.

Guy was demolishing my fodder creatures, and I was down to a "merfolk secretkeeper" (I play a white / blue / black deck) and I cast a "mythos of illuna" on the "embercleave"

and it was enough to make him pause his aggro attacks. (dude had a turn two creature that was 3/1 that he put the embercleave on)

After that, I just used healing spells and creatures with lifelink

He kept attacking with doublestrike haste creatures every turn, but my lifelink gain was more.

Dude finally rage quit on the final turn when I had 38 life and he was down to 2 life.

:smug:

GTFO with ur speed aggro decks

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
an artifact called Embercleave which gives a creature double-strike and can be cast with Flash.
o wow that sounds like quite the powerful card! I wonder what set it's from?
NQx_N5r52BSoVP9_-b2umByLK15IvWe8BoVSY6gd3EV5XHbYwAPvTO5iuPbrNPPoAi5I_NEZpe2JaKUS2Re5ifXKV9ccELFWGVx2DsGsoj9xavwoyg

Oh
#BanEldraine
GTFO with ur speed aggro decks
sometimes I wonder if people who play that type of deck actually like playing magic or if they just want a game where they log in for 5 minutes every day, roll some dice, see "you win!" a few times and collect gold coins

Praise the lord, Sea Gate Stormcaller from my goodie trail welfare mythic. Been doing a fair bit of whiffing on my Zendikar mythics but that's one I'm certainly glad to get.

Not been playing much noteworthy lately though. Been doing RDW 'cause fuck the police, and Rakdos for if I want some more fun. Haven't been doing historic lately since I've been in kind of an auto-pilot mood so I'm mainly just doing a few wins here and there for quests/dailies. It's odd, even though standard's in a better spot now after the bannings I haven't wanted to play it much. Netdecks aren't grabbing my attention and I haven't really had a boner for any cards to try to build around or anything.

Telemetry

Educated
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How do you even get the amount of gems needed for a draft without shelling out real cash?
People also talking about needing gold sinks and I'm lucky if I can scrape up 1000 G.
Aren't there supposed to be a few free events per day? Seems like everything is locked behind gems.

Guide a poor arena noob, please

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom