Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

Dr1f7

Scholar
oh i didn't know it was 3 years for rotation now, that's kinda crazy
still wotc has a history of printing totally busted bullshit and letting it ruin standard for waaaaaaaaaaay too long then banning it last second or even just letting it go the whole way
There is also a 0% chance the gorillas at R&D tested Standard for one year never mind three, so expect even more broken, retarded shit to happen
intentional or not it's obvious they don't give a shit they're perfectly happy with just letting 3 or 4 cards make everything else obsolete for years it's been like this since eldraine at least

ind33d

Educated

This entire draft is sick. Reid takes rational lines and gets rewarded for being smart, like waiting to fire off Strip Mine until he has board control. He even makes a misplay with Jitte but calls himself out and still comes in clutch. God damn WOTC for breaking this game

Even in its degenerated state, you could still have fun playing Intro Packs or Starter Decks against each other. Except, oh wait, Wizards doesn't make those anymore. :mixedemotions:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i shall grace you with black poison deck
Commander
1 Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (MUL) 82

Deck
1 Feign Death (AFR) 103
1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx (THS) 223
1 Dark Ritual (STA) 26
1 Cabal Stronghold (DAR) 238
1 Thoughtseize (AKR) 127
1 Arcane Signet (ELD) 331
1 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
1 The Celestus (MID) 252
1 Invoke Despair (NEO) 101
1 Mind Spike (HBG) 46
1 Undying Malice (VOW) 134
1 Extinction Event (IKO) 88
1 Bloodchief's Thirst (ZNR) 94
1 Crux of Fate (STA) 25
1 Stinging Hivemaster (ONE) 110
1 Blightwing Whelp (Y23) 8
1 Soul Shatter (ZNR) 127
1 Liliana of the Veil (DMU) 97
1 Infectious Inquiry (ONE) 97
1 Vraska, Betrayal's Sting (ONE) 115
1 Davriel, Soul Broker (J21) 15
1 Vraska's Fall (ONE) 116
1 Sheoldred, the Apocalypse (DMU) 107
1 Liliana, Waker of the Dead (M21) 108
1 Swiftfoot Boots (BRR) 58
1 Undercity Plunder (Y22) 15
1 Kaya's Ghostform (WAR) 94
1 Assemble from Parts (Y22) 25
1 Mirrex (ONE) 254
1 Inquisition of Kozilek (STA) 31
1 Shadows' Verdict (ZNR) 124
1 Duress (M19) 94
1 Shambling Ghast (AFR) 119
1 Soulstealer Axe (Y22) 60
1 Necrogen Communion (ONE) 99
1 Gulping Scraptrap (ONE) 96
1 Sword of Body and Mind (SOM) 208
1 Team Pennant (STX) 260
1 Eat to Extinction (THB) 90
1 Go for the Throat (BRO) 102
1 Sheoldred's Edict (ONE) 108
1 Shadowspear (THB) 236
1 Bilious Skulldweller (ONE) 83
1 Malakir Rebirth (ZNR) 111
1 Pestilent Syphoner (ONE) 103
1 Nimraiser Paladin (ONE) 101
1 Black Market Connections (HBG) 145
1 Professor Onyx (STX) 83
1 Karn's Bastion (WAR) 248
1 Phyrexian Obliterator (NPH) 68
1 Languish (JMP) 246
1 Relic of Legends (DMU) 236
1 Phyrexian Arena (8ED) 152
1 Blightbelly Rat (ONE) 85
1 Drown in Ichor (ONE) 91
1 Prosthetic Injector (ONE) 239
1 Acquisitions Expert (ZNR) 89
1 Myr Convert (ONE) 234
1 Vat Emergence (ONE) 112
1 March Toward Perfection (Y23) 9
1 Staff of Compleation (ONE) 242
1 Phyrexian Tower (JMP) 493
1 Blood on the Snow (KHM) 79
30 Snow-Covered Swamp (SLD) 327
1 Ornithopter of Paradise (MH2) 232
1 Liliana, Dreadhorde General (WAR) 97
1 Blackblade Reforged (BRR) 6
1 Yawgmoth, Thran Physician (MH1) 116
1 Replicating Ring (KHM) 244
1 Divest (DAR) 87

tried a bunch of new commanders, this one is both fun, unique and sometimes win games(regular queue is loaded with competetive deck, might want to cut on rares/mythics to bring it down to bottom feeders). Why specific sword selection? It started as copied deck and had it already. Likely could run all 3 swords in future.

ind33d

Educated
BANNED AND RESTRICTED ANNOUNCEMENT 5/29

nF8AuZK.png

FOR THE PURPOSES OF FORMAT DIVERSITY, ARAGORN IS NOW ALSO GAY

Dr1f7

Scholar
lol i like how according to the announcement they apparently knew the banned cards were problematic since their release, but decided to just let them shit around in more than half of all decks for a year and a half

wotc can go eat some ass

ind33d

Educated
lol i like how according to the announcement they apparently knew the banned cards were problematic since their release, but decided to just let them shit around in more than half of all decks for a year and a half

wotc can go eat some ass
they literally only ban cards from sets that aren't being sold anymore. it's not even grifting, it's shameless

wait a minute. in the end they banned all my best cards but i still can see played the cards which already did shit all over my decks, so now they shit, piss and vomit all over my decks.

ind33d

Educated
wait a minute. in the end they banned all my best cards but i still can see played the cards which already did shit all over my decks, so now they shit, piss and vomit all over my decks.
just wait for WOTC to start using different banlists based on the player' race

sorry, whitey, no Invoke Despair for you

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
when in doubt, compare cards in question release date

damn, the meta is retarded. most of the high level games revolve around who plays the most overpowered card first. little to no strategy involved.

ind33d

Educated
The metagame of buying and selling on MTGO should be considered an RPG

Someone should make a game where you play as a wizard evaluating spellbooks to trade on the free market

It would be like the Ninth Gate but instead of occult grimoires it's cardboard cutouts of black people

ind33d

Educated

Wizards is annihilating the value of everyone's collections by printing chase serialized cards to purposely bankrupt all its icky white nerd fans. you literally can't get your money back from a booster box anymore, meaning it's mathematically impossible for magic the gathering to exist

lol

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
this is arena topic, physical card market issues do not affect us, we have our own problems.
Like how golden packs that were supposed to have only standard, will feature lotr out of the blue

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
achtung achtung, if you are into historic, there is now lotr exclusive jumpin. Each pack got 1% chance to contain the ring.
Dunno how good cards in it are as of now, 2/3 saurons are there

no, wait, wait a minute. this lotr set with retarded cards (and even more retarded art)... is not for fun? it's tournament viable? really? for real?

ind33d

Educated
Magic R&D is so focused on Commander that they forgot you can cast a new copy of The One Ring to kill your old one and reset the burden counters. People are saying it's more broken than Jace, the Mind Sculptor. LMAO

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Magic R&D is so focused on Commander that they forgot you can cast a new copy of The One Ring to kill your old one and reset the burden counters. People are saying it's more broken than Jace, the Mind Sculptor. LMAO
its too new to be banned.
anyway i think best metric to judge new stupid cards are monoblackmagic vids after new sets drop
here is the many rings one:

and here is my new fav thing, stealing lands from library:

ind33d

Educated
i got a trophy on mtgo and they gave me a black aragorn avatar that can't be traded or sold

he's just looking at me from my collection, angrily

forever

there's definitely a lot of fuckery going on under the hood. everyone playing the same FIVE decks helps recognizing patterns. every day i pick a deck according to the color of the daily mission, usually win the first 3-4 games, then i face all the same decks and, more often than not, their always identical, always perfect opening hand. there's about 1 chance out of 10 for any deck to start with any specific card, and yet those decks open ALWAYS the same. thee card combo? they always have them right there, x then y then z. i've never seen the legendary mite not being played on the first turn, the green "target any creature, get a poison counter" creature always two one after another, every black deck drops the shelobwhatshername on turn 4, blues always have a 1 mana counter and second turn generic counterspell, especially aggravating is that deck using the green 4/4 which can't act if there aren't 7 lands, it opens ALWAYS the same and if i havent at least two removals ready it's game over.
then i change deck, i have another 3-4 games window i utterly rape anyone with my non-meta decks, and then i'm back to lose to perfect opening hands all over again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom