Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

https://wisewands.com/
UTs30zh.png

so this is the power of cryptocurrencies...

grimace

Prophet

Michael Cranford is the creator of The Bard's Tale as well as Centauri Alliance, Darkseed, and the upcoming Wise Wands NFT CRPG.

:what:

Wise Wands NFT CRPG

:Tell me more.

About this trainwreck about to derail.

I'll listen to any interview with any CRPG developer.

I listen at .25 speed so give me 4 days to reply to this post.

Repressed Homosexual
I like Matt, but his show has obviously been gradually going downhill over the last ten years or so, garnering less and less interest.

Not necessarily because he has done anything wrong, but he obviously started running out of old school game devs with interesting anecdotes willing to be interviewed.

Still props to a man who gave so much of himself and worked with so much earnestness for so long with almost no reward, all to satisfy an underserved grognard audience. He is the ultimate hobbyist.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Matt doesn't have time to edit his interviews into 20-25 minute episodes anymore. Maybe that works for the podcast generation but not for me. I can't newspost this!

Annnnd it's time for Knights of the Chalice 2, one of my new favorite indie CRPGs. It's certainly tough and even frustrating at times, but it sure caught me in its resilient web!!!

hello friend

Arcane
Matt has done an amazing job with his interviews but most of his content is him playing games now and that's something I can do myself

Boleskine

Arcane

Pierre is the creator of the Knights of the Chalice series, one of my favorite indie RPG series. We talk about all manner of topics related to his games, the genre, the business, and so much more.

Last edited by a moderator:

axx

Savant
He mentioned he wanted to interview those two but they weren't up for it. I doubt he'll be touching the game till then.

Boleskine

Arcane

This episode features an interview with star game designer and author Bruce Nesmith. Bruce's credits include Skyrim, Oblivion, Ravenloft: Realm of Terror, and the Dragonstrike boardgame just to name a few! He's also authored a new novel about Loki. We also take a look at his 1980 procedurally-generated Dragons computer game. You definitely don't want to miss this one!

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

This episode features an interview with Coach Happy Keller, EA sports pioneer and all-round groovy dude. If you like Madden, PGA Tour Golf, Bill Walsh College Football, etc., you can't miss this. Even if you're not into sports titles, though, there's plenty of great content and insights here. Don't miss it!

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Matt Chat had some good conversations. I feel bad that he never got more attention, looking now his view counts are pretty low. Also realized i wasn't subbed to him at the moment lawls.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Matt Chat had some good conversations. I feel bad that he never got more attention, looking now his view counts are pretty low. Also realized i wasn't subbed to him at the moment lawls.

His views are very guest dependent, which I think makes sense, given the focus of his show. John Romero is obviously going to get more views than Pierre Begue. At any rate, I hope he realizes that his show has value beyond the immediate views. His 500 or so episodes document a niche corner of history that no one was documenting in the same way, so I think they will have staying power beyond your typical games podcast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom