Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This one?

This video was recorded in March of 2020? Crawling though the Copper Dreams Kickstarter, it looks like the current version of the game was announced in July of 2020? There clearly was not enough time for development.

The July 2020 version's artstyle is superior to the current one imo:

provide lemonade in lingerie

I know a lot of weird sex euphemisms but this one escapes me. I'm assuming you just mean literally serving lemonade while in lingerie (strange fetish, but whatever, everyone's got their own).

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's kinda sad that this turned out to be a train wreck. Hannah and her husband seemed to be nice people and I liked the premise of the game and even learned to accept the new art style

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/485400/view/3112547741691868838

Mechajammer | V1.02 Patch Notes
Another substantial patch brings a slew of fixes and improvements.

The Mechajammer v1.02 patch has now been rolled out, bringing with it a nice chunky list of fixes and improvements.

In v1.02 you can expect to see fixes for issues relating to:

Graphics
  • Fix for screen resolution not matching aspect-ratio issue
  • Fixed various character sprite and portrait anomalies
  • Fix for various walls blocking line of sight
  • Faith temple jar material corrected

Bugs Fixed:
  • Gun doesn't reload/shows fully loaded while empty
  • Animals sniffing
  • Companions multiplying on load
  • Renaming companion groups
  • Companions not coming with you on ferry or elevators
  • Vault doors unlocking with keys dropped by gang bosses
  • Incorrect NPC-typing spawning when player hits spotlights
  • Train ticket code works at Quinton Train station
  • Printouts from Wolffz Bay terminals show up in terminal
  • Quinton estate door pathfinding issue
  • Items that are dropped from bag saving in world
  • Ferry driver joins your party
  • Missing dialogue options with civilians under black market
  • Floating dogs (!) under black market
  • Inconsistent civilians visibility
Map
  • Un-walkable areas over wood bridges fixed in black market area
  • Faith temple puzzle fixed
  • R4T vault locked correctly

UI
  • Trap size in bag
  • Aldo dialogue options
  • Sprites flicker in UI when hover box is over them
  • Pin label field disappearing
  • Dialogue items given to full bag now drop to ground instead of disappearing

Dialogue
  • Various typos
  • Agro-Fax agent dialogue fixed
  • South street dialogue interaction cutting early

--

Two quick but important additions to the above:

We're aware of issues with Notepad text not saving properly. This is half-fixed, and will
only occur if you exit the Notepad with the Escape key
. Avoid this, and you should prevent the issue from occurring.

We're also looking into an issue where the game is not booting properly for some people. If you think you're being affected by this problem, please send your Player Logs (file-paths below) to us on Discord.

Mac:
~/Library/Logs/Whalenought/Mechajammer/Player.log
Windows:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Whalenought\Mechajammer\Player.log

--

Special thanks
to the following players who left feedback and submitted bug reports that lead to fixes in v1.02. These issues were reported many times by many people, so sorry if we've missed you. As always, we hugely appreciate your time and diligence here.

EnthalpyFlow
Munday
Nordicmonkey
MrMistersen
Craftian

--

For bug-reporting and other Mechajammer-flavoured discussion, please head to the official Discord server.

As always, huge thanks. And until next time.

— Whalenought Studios & Modern Wolf

Comte

Too late tried this and refunded it. That tutorial is god awful. I don't understand how they went from serpent in the staglands to this absolute pile of crap.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The refund % on this game must be pretty high. Took a look at their Steam community forums and they're taking a beating there.

Props to the devs for staying around and responding. Sounds like they really want to fix the game, despite the bad launch.

Best case scenario might be that they completely rehaul the game in a massive update a few months down the line, but that requires a fair amount of effort for the possibility of a sales bump.

PEACH

Arbiter
58d7eb3ebfaad47d996dd7cccbfdbab5.png

I don't see an overhaul happening if the launch was this disastrous.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
it'd take a considerable miracle to recover from this. how did they went from SITS with the "developer with potential" into completely inept and both design and management baffles me.

there are still some cool ideas there like the character creation that list your age, life experience and get proper bonuses and penalties depending on what you pick but just , I can't even.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I wanted to make the obligatory "is it any gud?" post, but that seems to be superfluous at this point...

What a shame, the KS pitched looked p. good. So the devs sold their house just to get this done? Not the best of life decisions, I would wager.

Falksi

Arcane
How sad.

Can't say I'm shocked though. You only have to look at the name-change shift from the excellent "Copper Dreams" to the gay as fuck "Mechjammer" to see what a bizarre, directionless endeavor this has been.

I hope they don't get all misguidedly creative with Staglands 2, and just take Staglands foundation and build upon in in the right way.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
They now release patches almost daily. Seem they are trying to beat Kingmaker devs in their first month after release :D

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Someone asked about progression mechanics and the devs just responded with a "thanks for you feedback" statement. So no progression mechanics confirmed?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/485400/discussions/0/3202619099982159686/
That isn't the dev, just a pr monkey.

Personally, as a dev I'd rather respond to a player question rather than have some PR/community guy give a non-answer. But they're probably crunching on fixing the bugs.

At this point, it's pretty clear that the "outsourced QA" team they supposedly had either didn't do their work, or their long, long list was ignored.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/485400/announcements/detail/3112547741695848392

Mechajammer | V1.03 Patch Notes
Long live the trusty Mechajammer notepad!

We're back again with a quick Mechajammer patch. V1.03 brings with it the highly anticipated fix to the in-game notepad. Pressing ESC will no longer cause your valuable notes to disappear upon re-load, meaning you can take all the notes you like with renewed confidence.

You can also expect to see fixes for issues relating to:

Bugs Fixed
  • Spotlights call enemies with corrected sprites
  • Fixed bridge with missing floor texture that you can drive off into the water and explode near the Faith Temple
  • Fixed end credits hard-lock
  • Gate above lab functionality fixed
  • Fixed music volume force set to zero
  • Fixed Medic not joining dinner conversation
  • Copper Face has correct mega-sized sprite
Map
  • Fixed blocked path on Old Town apartments stairwell
  • Fixed visual anomalies in Agro Dome
  • Fixed Mara's note not showing near Agro Dome
  • Fixed missing texture in vault in Medic's room
  • Fixed missing texture at Collector's Estate pathway
  • Fixed doorway that was unwalkable near smugglers
UI
  • Fixed notepad not saving when closing with ESC
    (Triumphant cheers! Hooray!)
  • Fixed typing "enter" into computer terminal
  • Fixed companion menu squad types button not clickable after opening once
Dialogue
  • Fixed soft-lock occurring when the player talks to the Lichin enemy underneath the Black-Market area and other suspicious characters
  • Fixed missing dialogue node for final encounter conversation
AI
  • Genetically modified bugs attack Agro-Fax security
  • Copper Face fleeing bug fixed
--

Special thanks
to the following players who left feedback and submitted bug reports that lead to fixes in v1.03. These issues were reported many times by many people, so sorry if we've missed you. As always, we hugely appreciate your time and diligence here.

JesseRaen
Syke_low
D I N G
GODHARVEST
Rithrin
Troupzy
Jabberwok

--

For bug-reporting and other Mechajammer-flavoured discussion, please head to the official Discord server.

Thank you for your patience and lovely comments on yesterdays patch.

— Whalenought Studios & Modern Wolf

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope they don't get all misguidedly creative with Staglands 2, and just take Staglands foundation and build upon in in the right way.
At this point, the question is more who'd give them the money to do so.
Some crazy producer that wants to throw money at them while also being able to manage their ...uhm... self-disruptive tendencies?

Cause I seriously doubt another KS by them would succeed at this point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom