Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Dhaze

Cipher
For you guys more familiar than I am with the Codex: how likely is it for this
17hiUqH.jpg
to ever be added to the list of available avatars?
Create a set of 96x96 pixel .png images from Copper Dreams Mechajammer, put them in a zip file, and post them on the Avatars thread in the Site Feedback forum. :M

Thank you very much for the information. I'll go and do just that as soon as I have the time; hopefully the powers-that-be will be kind to me.

Elthosian

Arcane
You do not take anything with you when you die, neither does she. More $$ does not help.

That's an awful approach to thinking about your children. You should *always* want to give them the best opportunities to succeed in life, even if you're not materialistic. I'm really thankful to my father for that, and sending him money or taking him to eat out when I go to my town makes me very happy even though I know it's still little compared to what he did. mindx2, you're a great person.

Also, I'd rather have a better shot at passing away peacefully in a rocking chair surrounded by the children of a successful son or daughter that takes care of my well-being when I'm not able to. Thankfully, my culture is big on strong family ties, so I probably won't end up in a nursing house, but health-related expenses would be a pain in the ass.

Whalenought_Joe I got burnt hard by the outcome of the Kickstarter, I put like 80 bucks into it, but the goodies at that tier weren't the best :/ Got only the wheel, book and 3D-printed white thingie. Anyway, the game was... well, you know, but I applaud you for recognizing your mistakes and facing the backers that lurk around here. I loved SitS and hope your next game improves on it. The early Copper Dreams concepts looked fantastic so hopefully you can give it another go after putting out some decent games and recovering from the last project.

amar0k

Novice
Man, what a story it is with this game. Just read through most of this thread after again eyeing to buy the game. The audiovisual parts of this wreck are an absolute masterclass to me. From time to time i even still randomly think about the original, very first Copper Dreams-version of this game on 2016-or-so Kickstarter. It had (and even the current version has) so much to love in it - 80s first wave-Cyberpunk, Snake Plissken, Metal Gear, Syndicate. And it blends all this in a really unique way, totally unlike these generic and formulaic Gibson-knockoff versions of Cyberpunk. The quality of the narrative and presentational vision almost demands the recycling of the assets and music to use them in a new game. It's so sad. @Hannah and Joe, if you can hear me: please give us your gritty-lowlife, badass-espionage, vintage-cyberpunk vision of a game in some form, some day. We need it. But please work with someone who understands math and project management. On a more serious note, could you tell us where your inspiration for the themes and art of the game (in it's various stages) came from besides Gibson/Carpenter/Kojima? I am really curious about that.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Of all the updates related to this game, Joe coming back to post on the Codex was one I certainly wasn't expecting. But I respect the chutzpah demonstrated after all the backlash from everyone here (myself included).

That said, I'd certainly still be extremely cautious about future projects from Whalenought. From supporting grammar destruction and troonification to the awful gameplay, it went on a 180 against every single expectation I had. I do agree with mindx2 that the box is cool as fuck (it's sitting on my shelf as a nice display piece), but they certainly need to do a lot to win back my trust (and probably people like me).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
ah! Ya know I wasn’t sure that was the box. This was originally a KS right? I guess I should have pulled up the ks page.

Litmanen

Educated
So, three years and some (insufficient) patches later, has anyone played Mechajammer?

Is it at least playable with the last patch?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, three years and some (insufficient) patches later, has anyone played Mechajammer?

I recommend reading Dhaze 's posts in the GRPG thread. He might be the only person who's finished it. As I understand, the game was basically abandoned, and the last patch was more an admission of defeat than anything else.

Litmanen

Educated

I recommend reading Dhaze 's posts in the GRPG thread. He might be the only person who's finished it. As I understand, the game was basically abandoned, and the last patch was more an admission of defeat than anything else.
Thank you

Litmanen

Educated
Hi all, I've been redirected here from another older thread.

In the last months I've read here and there about Mechajammer.

I know it came out unfinished because of several problems and that the is has received some parches.

Is there anyone willing to do a short review of the game (is it at least playable) or redirect me to some good review AFTER the last patch?

Thank you

Zanzoken

Arcane
This is one of those games that really highlights how much waste there is in game development.

Like even though the game ended up being a disaster, there are a lot of good assets that someone else might be able to use and make something with. And instead they'll just be destroyed or sit on a server somewhere, never to be used again. Hundreds of hours of work down the drain.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This is one of those games that really highlights how much waste there is in game development.

Like even though the game ended up being a disaster, there are a lot of good assets that someone else might be able to use and make something with. And instead they'll just be destroyed or sit on a server somewhere, never to be used again. Hundreds of hours of work down the drain.

IIRC, the last time the dev was in this thread, he hinted very strongly that there is a remake/rerelease or something in the works.

buffalo bill

Arcane

IIRC, the last time the dev was in this thread, he hinted very strongly that there is a remake/rerelease or something in the works.
The publisher has the rights for all releases and post-releases, so we can't update the game without their approval. We deeply regret not having time to implement a back-door so we could continue to update it unofficially without getting into some hazy legal territory.

Our hope at this point is to release a shareware Copper Dreams game realizing the unused concepts during the development of this game we think people also resonated with, in a tighter package with our new 3d things we have going on now. That wouldn't be until next year.

This year we're working on a SitS follow up exploring that world more, we'll have something to share soon. If you've written us off, all good, sometimes these things don't work out.
This was the last thing they said about it iirc. I am highly skeptical that any such "shareware" version of Copper Dreams will ever be released, but who knows I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom