Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries by Piranha Games - now on Steam and GOG

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
MWLL is pretty good, puts this one to shame!

Removal

Scholar
"Enemies spawn from anywhere, even at your side or behind your mech. They are not dropped there, they just spawn."

This taken from a review on GOG. Is it true? I was gonna buy this if it came up in a sale over Christmas, but if they did DA2 parachuting enemy mechs or teleporting mechs out of the warp then I just can't be assed.
Not as bad as it was on release, but yeah it still happens. Radar in the game is super funky, I'm not sure if it's actually working or not

why would they bother putting in all these specific lines during base destruction mission about disabling their comms/generators/life support/etc if there's no actual in game impact. Just feels lazy

Radar in the game is super funky, I'm not sure if it's actually working or not
it's very simple actually.
it works on visual and data is shared among team members. every couple minutes you get a mapwide omniscience moment otherwise all the bots would sit there and wait forever, with you as the only one capable of scouting the map around looking for the last damn idiot bot stuck on a rock or something.

the lines are there to give the impression to big part of the players pool the game has any depth.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm a huge Mechwarrior fanboy and even I couldn't stomach a second playthrough even with the expansions and added ray tracing. I didn't even buy the newest expansion.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Such a waste they made this game and filled it with copypasted generic missions instead of just making 15-20 good ones.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Everyone involved in the creation of MW5 should be beaten with sticks and forced to replay MW2, 3, and 4 until they understand why they are being punished.

Retardo

Learned
Are there any single-player alternatives to this besides the old games? The amount of games like Mech Warrior is really meager.

Vox Machinae has been updated with a decent singleplayer campaign. It has its problems, but its still decent.
Also, Daemon X Machina and MASS Builder if you are weeb tolerant.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Are there any single-player alternatives to this besides the old games? The amount of games like Mech Warrior is really meager.

Vox Machinae has been updated with a decent singleplayer campaign. It has its problems, but its still decent.
Also, Daemon X Machina and MASS Builder if you are weeb tolerant.
I'm afraid that those japanese mech games don't work as proper substitute for Mechwarrior. But I'll try to remember Vox Machinae, to give it a second look once it exits early access.

lightbane

Arcane
OH, I see. Vox Machine can be played on regular PC, even if the Steam page initially makes you think otherwise. :incline:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The Call to Arms DLC is out... and nobody seems to care. Just FYI.

ZXIuanBn

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Didn't buy the last DLC, won't buy the next. MW5 is the most repetitive and brainless game imaginable. Whoever decided to make a procedurally generated MW title should be stepped on by an urbanmech.

Cael

Arcane
Rise of Rasalhague? Rasalhague's only purpose in the entire canon was to be shit on. First by the Kuritans, then Comstar, then the Clans. What rise???

The only break they got was to get hit by the Ghost Bears who were the white Aryan Vikings of the Clans, and so were compatible with the white Aryan Vkings of Rasalhague.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Minimum Viable Product. It's easier to expand the League because it was already scripted to appear than to extend the timeline.

Latelistener

Arcane
Since Valve has updated the regional pricing I decided to pull the plug. Any good mods for this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom