Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Memorable cRPG villain

Codex Year of the Donut
What is the first character that comes into your mind upon reading the phrase "memorable cRPG villain"?

Give me cute CRPG villain wife!
167RwIA.jpg

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Master

OH MY GOD!!

THE MASTER! FROM FALLOUT 1!!!!

BROFIST~!!!!!!!

Doesn't get much more memorable than a half-mutant, half-oscilloscope blob trying to enslave the human race.

Especially if you first encountered him way underleveled by sneaking around the military base you stumbled upon by accident and have no idea what he is.

Peachcurl

Cipher
All good suggestions! Especially support Jon Irenicus.

Omitting the awful details of defining RPGness, Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2 is pretty memorable. Mostly, because of the dark humor and the way they made him a virtual omnipresence in the game.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Yeah the obvious Jon Irenicus.

Also, despite the game itself being pretty shit, I really liked the Illusive Man in ME2. He certainly stood out as a villain who I could both agree and disagree with on all points. Morally grey done right.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
I was going to say Baron Von Glower from Gabriel Knight 2, but then realized you asked for cRPG only. :argh:

I'm hesitant to write anything that reflects positively on CDPR, but Gaunter & Olgierd came to mind very quickly.

Xardas is probably too 'gray' to count as a villain.

dacencora

Sarevok is also a good option. Irenicus is more intelligent, more clever, and overall more intimidating with an excellent VA. However, Sarevok also has a great VA, and he really helps build that campy fantasy feeling that BG1 evokes so well. The best part is when he’s in disguise as
KOVERAS

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah the obvious Jon Irenicus.

Also, despite the game itself being pretty shit, I really liked the Illusive Man in ME2. He certainly stood out as a villain who I could both agree and disagree with on all points. Morally grey done right.

He doesn't really qualify as a villain though, does he?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jon Irenicus for sure. You meet him at the very start where he tortures you, he then abducts Imoen and your first main quest is to hunt him down, and the game ends with a boss fight against him. Very present throughout the game. Most CRPGs reveal their main villains only later on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom