Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid Δ (Snake Eater Remake) - PC/PS5/Xbox confirmed to use original voice files

Tehdagah

Arcane

5:10

That's what I said, the example I used somewhere a week ago. Like The Twin Snakes bringing in the mechanics of MGS2, this remake will be made easier by bringing in the modern mechanics without expanding the maps.

More like it will fix the issues of the original game.

Ezekiel

Arcane

5:10

That's what I said, the example I used somewhere a week ago. Like The Twin Snakes bringing in the mechanics of MGS2, this remake will be made easier by bringing in the modern mechanics without expanding the maps.

More like it will fix the issues of the original game.

It will fix what? You didn't elaborate on 514 either, so I don't know what to work with.

911 Jumper

Learned

Konami acknowledges MGS Master Collection Vol. 2 is in the works but has nothing to share yet on what titles are included (games with no pre-existing HD port and some in HD that are really big titles "with its own set of issues" are factors to consider). They hope not to repeat issues that plagued Vol. 1's launch.

Full response
"Looking at the potential titles...Okay, it's like this. We had HD ports of MGS1, 2, and 3. Or, sorry, not really for 1, but the other two. But most of the titles released after those don't have a pre-existing HD port we could use. Some are in HD, but those would all be really big titles,
and that comes with its own set of issues. So with all these factors to consider with the lineup, anything along the lines of "what's in it?" Or questions like "how long will it be in development, when'll it be out..." It's going to be a little while until we can get a clear picture, but when we do, we'll let you know here. Of course, we called the first one Vol. 1, so we are making a Vol. 2, that much is for sure. We're also worried about how Vol. 1 had a pretty rough launch, with all the issues, so we're going to do everything we can not to repeat that, but we just have to ask for everyone to give us time. And, you know... I feel like I can already see the comments. We're probably getting blasted with "you didn't answer squat!", and I knew that was pretty likely. But I just kind of want to say, even if we can't share much, we still want to check in with everyone. We feel like that's sort of what we want the PRODUCTION HOTLINE to be."

Ezekiel

Arcane
I never liked the look of the Gekko. This lame combination of REX and RAY. Don't know what suddenly made me think of it, but it might be Yoji Shinkawa's worst design.

GeckoArt.png

grimace

Arcane
I never liked the look of the Gekko. This lame combination of REX and RAY. Don't know what suddenly made me think of it, but it might be Yoji Shinkawa's worst design.

GeckoArt.png

When will we see actual Metal Gear Stealth Tactical Action Gameplay? With actual Metal Gear?

Konami, please take the engine from MGS Ground Zero and make new levels and maps and forget about the game being a movie experience.

Ezekiel

Arcane

GeckoArt.png

When will we see actual Metal Gear Stealth Tactical Action Gameplay? With actual Metal Gear?

Konami, please take the engine from MGS Ground Zero and make new levels and maps and forget about the game being a movie experience.
Yes, if Kojima had to make another MGS game anyway, I wanted a sequel to MGS4 instead of another retconning prequel, and once described stealth against both humans and machines, like the Metal Gear Gekkos on Shadow Moses Island, but better. Full sized Metal Gears? I agree, that could have been good stealth-action.

JC'sBarber

Literate
The setting of Metal Gear is interesting, and it's why I liked Deus Ex Human Revolution, which carried a lot of the same ideas but was written by someone halfway competent. Konami had the opportunity to make 'better' Metal Gear games without Kojima and reboot the franchise properly, instead they made one shitty game and the rest have been pachinko machines and remakes. Should've farmed it out to Eidos Montreal.

Ezekiel

Arcane

The yellowish-green legacy color filter at the end looks much better.

It's an old video, but it took that long (July) for someone to show off the original camera. Turned on MGS3 just to make sure it's exactly the same.

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

It says mouse controls were added.does this mean you can aim with the mouse now?I wonder if that is going to make it a bit too easy, although I would personally love it since I dislike using a controller for aiming.
I wonder if they are adding mouse controls for the other 2 games

911 Jumper

Learned

It says mouse controls were added.does this mean you can aim with the mouse now?I wonder if that is going to make it a bit too easy, although I would personally love it since I dislike using a controller for aiming.
I wonder if they are adding mouse controls for the other 2 games

I think the following only applies to MGS2

Mouse controls added
Under the new Layout Type B, you can use the following controls:
Left ClickWeapon Button
Right ClickReady Weapon
Mouse MovementCamera

Full details regarding the update can be found at the direct link below:
METAL GEAR SOLID: MASTER COLLECTION Official Website

Ezekiel

Arcane
Boss was updated again. Still decline. Eva too. I don't get why they don't just model and texture over the old models.

boss.webp
eva.webp

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
they look good enough imo

model and texture over the old models
given the disparity between the level of detail of the old models and the level of detail they need for the new models, I would go on a limb and say for them it's easier to just create new ones

Last edited:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Finally watched the new trailer. The Boss definitely looks like a man but whatever, she was never sexy in the first place. Eva on the other hand, she still looks hawt. Might just buy the game for her boobs alone.

911 Jumper

Learned
Glimpse of the in-game UI

I don't like how they've relocated the health bar to the lower middle part of the screen. It's distracting. It was fine where it was.

Ezekiel

Arcane

Should start at 18:41.

22:51: Okay, so the modern objective arrow is at least only an item, a compass, not forced.

24:51: That looks annoying. That looks modern. How you only want to go to a menu and have a forced tutorial screen blocking you. And more screens as you go through.

26:24: Another tutorial screen.

26:51: It still hasn't gone away! Apparently, the player has to perform that action before they are left alone.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom