Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid Δ (Snake Eater Remake) - PC/PS5/Xbox confirmed to use original voice files

Maldoror

Scholar
How did so many people read that as "Metal Gear Solid: Delta" and not "Metal Gear Solid: Weird Green Triangle"? I can tell it's Greek from the name because I studied Ancient History, but that's it.

:retarded:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
"Delta" is also used to symbolize change over time. Konami is trying to be cute by naming it Metal Gear Solid Delta (Changing) because they're "changing," or as we know "remaking," the original game different from before, after long period of time.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
"Delta" is also used to symbolize change over time. Konami is trying to be cute by naming it Metal Gear Solid Delta (Changing) because they're "changing," or as we know "remaking," the original game different from before, after long period of time.
Nah man, I think Konami is just retarded.

lightbane

Arcane
The whole remake thing has really become an absolute travesty at this point. It just never ends.

Wait until they start rewriting books. Cannot wait for Crime and Punishment Definitive Edition.
Already a thing. Road Dahl's book about witches was rewritten into politically correct bullshit, as well as replacing mentions of male writers for female ones for extra points. I think 1984 was going to get remade as well.

In MGS3's case, I wonder if some scenes will be censored due being politically incorrect.

Caim

Arcane
Nah man the Greek alphabet is the predecessor for both the Cyrillic and Latin alphabets, with the Δ becoming Д and D.

So given that the game's title is Metal Gear Solid Δ it is actually Metal Gear Solid D, making the title even more of a dick joke.

Bravo Kojima.

Priest

Novice
All they have to do is cut nothing, add nothing, and bring the camera and controls closer to TPP. It's gonna be pretty hard to fuck it up, but it's Konami...

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
How did so many people read that as "Metal Gear Solid: Delta" and not "Metal Gear Solid: Weird Green Triangle"? I can tell it's Greek from the name because I studied Ancient History, but that's it.
Huh... I think anyone that payed some attention to high school math can recognise the delta character

Maldoror

Scholar
Huh... I think anyone that payed some attention to high school math can recognise the delta character
Ah. I stopped going to maths classes in grade 7. In my country, you don't need to pass a single class in highschool in order to progress to the next year level until grade 11, at which point mathematics is no longer compulsory.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
giphy.webp

grimace

Arcane
Is this triangle game a stealth game or not?
Will there be VR training?

Terenty

Liturgist
Kojima is not in the business of making remakes and generally repeating himself. His involvement in this is somewhere below zero

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Kojima is not in the business of making remakes and generally repeating himself. His involvement in this is somewhere below zero
the scenarios of MGS follows MG2:SS to a fucking T.
It's not just story beats either
Even in level design, I have no doubt Shadow Moses bases of Zanzibar Land
Even mechanically the biggest distinctions MGS has over MG2 is the First Person View and more "perceptive" AI
Everything else on gameplay design carries over, even most items

Overall MGS is almost a "remake" of MG2 but in 3D

Last edited:

Derringer

Prophet
Looks like one of those Unreal 4 asset flip, fake "in-engine" teaser trailers you find on YouTube.
That's exactly what I was thinking looking at the environment box from the screenshots, it looks like they just copy-pasted the environmental models and just slapped on new textures.

Ezekiel

Arcane
enjoyed all the old MGS games but never touched mg1 or mg2. is it worth it?
I wasn't able to get through MG1, but would still recommend at least giving it a try to see where the series came from. MG2 was improved enough that I did finish it. MGS1 is in some ways a remake of it, IIRC even more than MGS2 repeats character-types (Cyborg Ninja) and what happened in MGS1 in the Raiden simulation. Edit: Just noticed the posts above that make my last bit of commentary useless.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom