Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
MMXL has the best and largest dungeon ever made for Might and Magic.

The outdoor world

:smug:

Dorateen

Arcane
One thing I'll say about these dungeons, some of them are damn dark. Have to resist the temptation to use light orb all the time, and seriously considering to invest in fire magic as a Defender, just to get torch light.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
One thing I'll say about these dungeons, some of them are damn dark. Have to resist the temptation to use light orb all the time, and seriously considering to invest in fire magic as a Defender, just to get torch light.
What's the problem with using light orb, torchlight or dark vision? I think they only cost 5-10 mana per use.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Besides, area map should be something called up with a Wizard Eye spell.
Yeah, that's true. Not that it matters much still. I would have liked something that lets me scroll the overworld map, the small view range kinda beats the purpose of leaving notes on it.

Dorateen

Arcane
What's the problem with using light orb, torchlight or dark vision? I think they only cost 5-10 mana per use.

I've got other things to spend mana on.... shatter, challenge, skullcrack... I don't want to be the party's magical torchbearer!

(I would rather have equippable torches or lanterns.)

DemonKing

Arcane
I finished this off last week - it played like a golden oldie but with some nice additions like quicksave/mapping etc. I liked how the game made me focus my characters in a different ways from how I thought they would turn out. My ranger for example started off as an archer, turned into primarily a spell caster because of minimal melee/missile damage output and then towards the end, with Bow Grandmastery was doing more damage in close range with her bow to multiple opponents than anyone else could manage. The graphics are nothing more than adequate but they do a good job of making the world appear bigger and less restrictive than it is. I also liked how a lot of monsters could stomp you at lower levels so it was necessary to go back and face them again once you'd powered up a bit.

The main things I didn't like was the need for lots of backtracking (no teleport spells - at least for my party) especially to find trainers, but that was the case in earlier M&M games too. Some of the monsters seemed to have insta-kill attacks as well that they seemed to use in an arbitrary manner (if you have an insta-kill spell why wouldn't you use it first round every time?). Also I could have done without a few of the riddles and more out there puzzles - but nothing a quick google search couldn't solve.

If I wasn't so time poor I'd probably give it another whirl with a different party. Recommended.

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm personally loving MMX, but I'm wondering: Has anybody else had the overheating problem when playing? My computer has only EVER overheated twice..... and both times were playing MMX (once before the patch, and once after, just two days ago).

agris

Arcane
Patron
while the game should have an FPS cap (it's letting your GPU run wild, essentially), that indicates you've got a cooling problem. Have you looked at / cleaned your GPU fan? Does it have much clearance to exhaust, whether through the back of the computer or over the top of the card (depending on the fan configuration)?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DLC in two weeks: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/dlc-mac-version-release-date
DLC & MAC VERSION - RELEASE DATE
Hello adventurers,

Today we are thrilled to announce a double big event!

Indeed, Might & Magic® X - Legacy DLC “The Falcon & The Unicorn” will be available on March 27th! Deluxe Edition owners will get this extra content for free on the same day.
Since one piece of good news deserves another, this glory day will also be the official release date for Might & Magic X – Legacy Steam Mac version!

Prepare yourself for your return in the Agyn Peninsula…

2014.03.13%20-%20600x...%20-%20MMX%20Dlc%20announcement.jpg

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Looking forward to the response thread for Sceptic's review of this upcoming DLC.

Hopefully this is designed for the postgame. The game sorely needed something to challenge higher level parties.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, I'm halting my second playthough for some more than. That will give me the time I need to play Elder Scrolls Online with my girlfriend this weekend.
yay...
:negative:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I just got the title of "The Falcon and the Unicorn" when I saw Lev, the griffin rider: it refers to the Falcon and Unicorn duchies, not the actual animals. D'oh.

Luzur

Good Sir
I'm personally loving MMX, but I'm wondering: Has anybody else had the overheating problem when playing? My computer has only EVER overheated twice..... and both times were playing MMX (once before the patch, and once after, just two days ago).

i have that problem too, it was kinda fixed after turning off shadows.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom