Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've been playing on warrior, it's not too bad. You get your ass handed to you if you walk into the wrong zone/area underlevelled though, but then, that's something I missed in this age of sleeping through content easy mode.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
That happens in Adventurer too. Monsters don't respawn and there isn't a lot of them to begin with, so if you get raped by something you're really not supposed to go there until you progress the main quest anyway.

Arkeus

Arcane
When have you folks managed to kill the Cyclop in that dangerous cave? I still can't do it, though i expect that when i get better weapons and spell it will work out ok.

I have already visited Killburn though, and killed the shadow dragon. Not sure why the Cyclope is giving me so much trouble.

Quatlo

Arcane
When have you folks managed to kill the Cyclop in that dangerous cave? I still can't do it, though i expect that when i get better weapons and spell it will work out ok.

I have already visited Killburn though, and killed the shadow dragon. Not sure why the Cyclope is giving me so much trouble.

I tanked him with my Crusader, while my Dorf was skullcracking him every turn so he could not cleave my squishy party members in one, unlucky crit. I ended up drinking maybe 2 or 3 mana potions, but I was overleveled for him I think.
What is your party setup?

Last edited:

Arkeus

Arcane
I tanked him with my Crusader, while my Dorf was skullcracking him every turn co he would not cleave my squishy party members in one, unlucky crit. I ended up drinking maybe 2 or 3 mana potions, but I was overleveled for him I think.
What is your party setup?
Wait wait, Skullcracking works on him? Does that mean it forces him to only attack one of your guys?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yeah didn't know that either. Thought it just stopped actual spells and not every special attack.

Quatlo

Arcane
Yeah, I've noticed how feebleminded prevents you from using your melee specials in addition to spells so I thought it probably will work the other way around, and it does.
If I remember correctly cyclops was "Large", not a "Boss" so it should work.

GrimoireFTW

Learned
Just started act 3 and been playing for 24 hours according to steam. Game just keeps getting better. Running Crusader, Blade Dancer, Freemage, Runepriest (blade dancer tears shit up.) I love my Party setup but the only thing that sucks I don't have a class that uses perception so every time I walk past one of the damn Gearbox lookin secret doors I just have to sigh and keep walking. The completionist in me hates that but oh well.... I still lawnmow on this game like the old ones lol so It probably takes me more time than most people. I literaly need to uncover every square possible, kind of ocd maybe but oh well. Something tells me the last 2 acts are bigger than the first 2 because right now my bestiary is only 44/147 creatures. But yeah im having a blast exploring, running into shit that rapes me then coming back later to pwn it like the cylops/shadow dragon/healing manticore dewd (love purge.) isn't it funny how the mobs on lost city floor 3 are harder then 1,2, and 4? hrm. oh but I ramble... I need to finish clearing the crypt to promote my pally, see if I can take on the scary ass blackguard dudes now, and take the sewers into karthal. Going to be a fun night

Disgruntled

Savant
My class skill combos look really counterproductive. Got a merc, hunter, shaman and scout
Windsword bonus to hit someone at full health or move closer a tile really does not make sense with ranged classes in the party. Of course the hunter has a ranged to melee skill (which has to hit to work) again scuppering the merc.
To top it off, a scout with that extra long range perk that seems pointless unless there are more open areas.

Im still early in the second act so it might work out. Especially as a free movement when surrounded.

Facepalmed with secret detection, I assumed it was always on and now ill have to revisit a few places with the ton of loot ive missed out.

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
I don't see the point of Druids... a calming spell? Really?

Anyone found them to be of more use than a straight up free mage?

Zeriel

Arcane
Considering free mage is arguably one of the best classes in the game, that isn't so surprising. Genuine choices mean some choices will be inoptimal, and I far prefer games with a bunch of variety in classes rather than 2-3 that are identical in power.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
So, uh, does it look terrible for everyone else with everything maxed or do I have something wrong?

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
What filtering are you using? FXAA blurs everything to shit, you want to go with DLAA. The texture quality is still wildly inconsistent though.

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
I'm thinking now, Crusader (for mass heal and mass damage buff) as tank, using "challenge" on tough foes to soak up dmg.

Blade Dancer as wtf aoe melee.

Ranger as ranged melee, and healer.

Free mage as magic dmg dealer.

Do I need a dedicated healer?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
What filtering are you using? FXAA blurs everything to shit, you want to go with DLAA. The texture quality is still wildly inconsistent though.

I was talking about the textures mostly, yeah. Kind of surprised since I upgraded to 64 bits just so I could put the textures above medium quality and it still looks bad, oh well.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'm thinking now, Crusader (for mass heal and mass damage buff) as tank, using "challenge" on tough foes to soak up dmg.

Blade Dancer as wtf aoe melee.

Ranger as ranged melee, and healer.

Free mage as magic dmg dealer.

Do I need a dedicated healer?
Looks like your ranger will be spread too thin.

Zeriel

Arcane
"Looks terrible" is such a subjective statement that it can't be answered. If you changed textures in game, that won't do anything. You have to change graphical options from the main menu.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I think a dedicated healer (i.e. someone primarily going either earth or light or both for buffs and heals) is more important than building someone as tank. Then again I haven't built a high armor character so I don't know how good that can be. I just know that my Barbarian always missed his fucking taunt so I ended up just soaking shit and healing through it instead.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
"Looks terrible" is such a subjective statement that it can't be answered. If you changed textures in game, that won't do anything. You have to change graphical options from the main menu.

You can't even change textures ingame, and yeah, many of them are objectively terrible.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yes you can, but like he said it has to be done in the main menu. And you'll only notice any difference if you put it on max.

I think a dedicated healer (i.e. someone primarily going either earth or light or both for buffs and heals) is more important than building someone as tank. Then again I haven't built a high armor character so I don't know how good that can be. I just know that my Barbarian always missed his fucking taunt so I ended up just soaking shit and healing through it instead.
Yeah, I have a dwarf defender and I kinda regret it. Would rather have a crusader.

You guys using a free mage as your primary healer?
No, Shaman. I really regret not putting points in light on my freemage but she's one of my main damage sources now so I don't really have that luxury.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I was talking about the textures mostly, yeah. Kind of surprised since I upgraded to 64 bits just so I could put the textures above medium quality and it still looks bad, oh well.

I posted a couple pages back how my game looks + the options:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...x-legacy-released.81387/page-126#post-3073788

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom