Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Grimoire has been in the works for over 15 years, I don't think it's fair to compare even a part of it to a budget game that had 1 year of dev time.

I'm liking MMX despite its flaws - I don't think it ever reaches the level of enjoyability of earlier M&M games - which were much faster-paced albeit mechanically simpler - or the depth/breadth (exploration wise) of later M&M's, but it's still a cool love letter to fans. The blatant asset recycling is a little offputting too, but expected. I just wish the performance wasn't so abysmal and the loadtimes weren't so long.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
regarding relics: by answering this I'll take away some of the fun (what exists and what doesn't) so read only if you feel you must :P
0 relic daggers 0 relic 2h maces (0 relic 1h maces too for that matter) found. 2 relic swords and they're really good - one of them easy to get.
seems to be mostly armor relics in the game tho - and they're p sweet.
i've got a relic 1h mace named rocklin, no idea where from. it does 31-35dmg, +10vit,+6 mace skill and additional strike on last target.
Can anyone tell me if the darkness spell that lets you see "hidden shit" is worth it? My party didn't consist of a character with darkness magic so I don't have it, and I don't know if it's worth picking up.
not really. you can get a dog hireling for free that has the same effect and increases your success chances by 25% and the darkness blessing also has the same effect +5 resist dark to all members.

Last edited:

funkadelik

Arcane
So how are you all of you making your blade dancers awesome? Both my barbarian and my blade dancer suck ass. They miss most of the time, and when they do hit it's small beans compared to my fire attacks.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

bonescraper

Some hack from Eurogamer.pl said you can cross the whole game area in 30 turns. He doesn't llike the fact that he can't kill every enemy he finds. He doesn't like the interface because he has to click through stuff. Gave it 5/10. Quality joornalizm.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
He doesn't like the interface because he has to click through stuff.
valid complaint for a blobber and it'S true. there's like no exit conversation button.
Try opening your eyes for once. You just might find it.
learn to read. there is no exit conversation button mapping, meaning you have to actually click it, which sucks in a blobber, especially in one where you can do p. much everything else with the keyboard. or rather esc is supposed to work, but plenty of times doesn't, just like number keys also don't work properly in some conversations.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Esc doesn't work? Hey, Limbic and Ubi guys reading this, put that in the next patch.

bonescraper

He doesn't like the interface because he has to click through stuff.
valid complaint for a blobber and it'S true. there's like no exit conversation button.
Try opening your eyes for once. You just might find it.
learn to read. there is no exit conversation button mapping, meaning you have to actually click it, which sucks in a blobber, especially in one where you can do p. much everything else with the keyboard.
Keyboards have no buttons, moran.

BTW Esc does work of course.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
So the codex is raving about this game. Too bad I can't play it because of fuck Steam and gay Uplay.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
BTW Esc does work of course.
keyboard keys are a form of button. esc does not work the first time a conversation in a house is loaded after a while, you have to press it twice. which i have tested extensively in every sorpigal conversation just now. every time you talk to somebody after a while (probably after area/cell load), esc will not work the first time you press it but will work the first time if you exit the conversation and then enter it again.

Grimoire has been in the works for over 15 years, I don't think it's fair to compare even a part of it to a budget game that had 1 year of dev time.

I'm liking MMX despite its flaws - I don't think it ever reaches the level of enjoyability of earlier M&M games - which were much faster-paced albeit mechanically simpler - or the depth/breadth (exploration wise) of later M&M's, but it's still a cool love letter to fans. The blatant asset recycling is a little offputting too, but expected. I just wish the performance wasn't so abysmal and the loadtimes weren't so long.

Hence why i didn't mention it in my first reply, before he decided to be a dick because Paper Sorcerer is apparently not good enough for :obviously: crowd. Though i'm not exactly sure which is better, moderately crazy person developing a game in random spurts of (in)sanity over 15 years or a dedicated dev team with a bunch of assets and engine available from the get go.

Angthoron

Arcane
Sorry if this was asked before, the thread grows at a sickening rate. With the Paladin promotion quest,

I assume the object missing from the shrine is outside the ruins someplace?

If so/un-so, where does one go to find it?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Sorry if this was asked before, the thread grows at a sickening rate. With the Paladin promotion quest,

is that the disk? if yes, it is in fragments all over the world. i think 3, one of them in the locked off city.

Zeriel

Arcane

Hence why i didn't mention it in my first reply, before he decided to be a dick because Paper Sorcerer is apparently not good enough for :obviously: crowd. Though i'm not exactly sure which is better, moderately crazy person developing a game in random spurts of (in)sanity over 15 years or a dedicated dev team with a bunch of assets and engine available from the get go.

It's just very hard to take someone seriously when they exaggerate so much. It calls into question your credibility, or makes me suspect you're trolling just because you figure it'll be fun to piss people off.

Regardless of your opinions of the merits of the two games, Paper Sorcerer is a 5$ indie budget title that has 1/10th the content of MMXL, if that.

Zeriel

Arcane

Lost City (might be bandit section, don't recall exactly)

Thieves Den (you probably already picked this up)

Blackfang Hideout in Karthal Slums

So how are you all of you making your blade dancers awesome? Both my barbarian and my blade dancer suck ass. They miss most of the time, and when they do hit it's small beans compared to my fire attacks.

Pretty much the same things that apply to all melee characters:

Pump your weapon skill to the max as soon as possible, ignoring all other skills. It applies flat damage bonuses to all your attacks, and makes hitting much more likely. Find new gear ASAP--melee gear scaling is insane, and is what makes them better than spellcasters.

Easy way to do this is to trot on over to The Crag when you hit Act II and buy one of the higher tier weapons there for ~7K gold.

Daggers do less base damage, but they have the same +damage enchants as any other weapon, which when combined with the number of attacks they get results in an absurd amount of damage. Daggers with +20 and above elemental damage are game changers.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grimoire demo was better too by the way.

Kritikal Kodex Kriticism in a nutshell: hypothethical "perfect" games are better than actual good ones!

tl;dr: all rpgs ever are shit, and user X knows exactly what ails them and what they should be to be perfect. Considering how many people supposedly hate Roguey, a surprising number of users share this basic philosophy with him.

I agree with some of the criticism, but contrary to popular opinion, good games can have problems. There isn't just shit and diamonds.

Last edited:

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
For those who have problems to reach act 2, because they cannot activate the CD-game-code ingame:

I found the solution:

I had to activate automatic UPnP adjustment for security options in my Fritz-Box router.

And I opened these ports: 80, 443, 13000, 14000, 14008

Then was able to redeem my CD-code ingame under "Extras/Bonusinhalt"

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
If you didn't get Uplay points for completing act 3 & 4, you can re-launch the game through uplay (not steam) and get them retroactively when you quit.

edit: Just finished temple of meow. Rather short, but got a nice pair of boots (random drop :P).

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Guise, how important is Perception for my Bladedancer and Defender? Should I pump it for them Attack Values or just pump weapon skill and Might?

Also, is hiring Kangi (i.e. the well rested bonus) worth the gold and slot?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Guise, how important is Perception for my Bladedancer and Defender? Should I pump it for them Attack Values or just pump weapon skill and Might?

Also, is hiring Kangi (i.e. the well rested bonus) worth the gold and slot?
I didn't put anything into Perception. I think Weapon focus and DW/2H is enough to boost the attack values.

The well-rested bonus is +10% to all your shit IIRC, which is nice. Not many hirelings are better. I used Kangi and the Healer for most part of the game (well, sometimes just Healer because I let quest followers take Kangi's spot).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom