Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

bonescraper

Guise, where i can find the list of the days of the week in their correct order? And did anyone got the buff form one of those shrines that work only in selected days? Is it something permanent?

Guise, how important is Perception for my Bladedancer and Defender? Should I pump it for them Attack Values or just pump weapon skill and Might?
I don't know how important it is, but i'm putting some points into destiny on my Bladedancer. Currently i have 30% and 22% cit chance for my main and offhand daggers respectively. Level 17, 38 Destiny 51 Might.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Daggers do less base damage, but they have the same +damage enchants as any other weapon, which when combined with the number of attacks they get results in an absurd amount of damage. Daggers with +20 and above elemental damage are game changers.
or daggers with additional attack or ones with hp drain...

Luzur

Good Sir
well, just stumbled upon another problem, after going through the Elemental Forge and going back to Duke Jon, the bridge to Seahaven opened and i went on my merry way, got to the town, walked around in it mapping it out, visited stores, talked to everyone, got a couple of quests, and then i went tot he gates to explore outside town for abit, but when i opened up the savemenu i got a "cannot retrieve your savegames from Cloud" or something like it, and my savegames didnt show up on the menu, nor could i save a new one.

i was kinda worried by now and i tried pressing F5 (quicksave) got a message that it saved, then suddenly the game crashed after a minute after that back to Uplay, where it said the game was still on and i had to force end it, showing me another message that my "saves couldnt be syncronized with Cloud".

now, i checked the save game folder in C: , and all it had was thumbnails of the saves, not the savefiles themselves, where are those? dont tell me Uplay got them online or some crap like that.

if those saves are gone for ever i dunno what i'll do, either uninstall and wait for a fix/patch or go pirate version and have my savegames safe on my computer instead.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
well, just stumbled upon another problem, after going through the Elemental Forge and going back to Duke Jon, the bridge to Seahaven opened and i went on my merry way, got to the town, walked around in it mapping it out, visited stores, talked to everyone, got a couple of quests, and then i went tot he gates to explore outside town for abit, but when i opened up the savemenu i got a "cannot retrieve your savegames from Cloud" or something like it, and my savegames didnt show up on the menu, nor could i save a new one.

i was kinda worried by now and i tried pressing F5 (quicksave) got a message that it saved, then suddenly the game crashed after a minute after that back to Uplay, where it said the game was still on and i had to force end it, showing me another message that my "saves couldnt be syncronized with Cloud".

now, i checked the save game folder in C: , and all it had was thumbnails of the saves, not the savefiles themselves, where are those? dont tell me Uplay got them online or some crap like that.

if those saves are gone for ever i dunno what i'll do, either uninstall and wait for a fix/patch or go pirate version and have my savegames safe on my computer instead.

Look here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...x-legacy-released.81387/page-132#post-3074853

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Depending on cloud saves is russian roullete, only one out of six total but when it happen....

funkadelik

Arcane
Sorry if this was asked before, the thread grows at a sickening rate. With the Paladin promotion quest,

I assume the object missing from the shrine is outside the ruins someplace?

If so/un-so, where does one go to find it?

Lost City (might be bandit section, don't recall exactly)

Thieves Den (you probably already picked this up)

Blackfang Hideout in Karthal Slums

So how are you all of you making your blade dancers awesome? Both my barbarian and my blade dancer suck ass. They miss most of the time, and when they do hit it's small beans compared to my fire attacks.

Pretty much the same things that apply to all melee characters:

Pump your weapon skill to the max as soon as possible, ignoring all other skills. It applies flat damage bonuses to all your attacks, and makes hitting much more likely. Find new gear ASAP--melee gear scaling is insane, and is what makes them better than spellcasters.

Easy way to do this is to trot on over to The Crag when you hit Act II and buy one of the higher tier weapons there for ~7K gold.

Daggers do less base damage, but they have the same +damage enchants as any other weapon, which when combined with the number of attacks they get results in an absurd amount of damage. Daggers with +20 and above elemental damage are game changers.

Do you have any idea where I would find a decent two-handed mace? Kinda regretting choosing mace now as a barbarian seeing as how I've sold all these two-handed sword relics(fuck me, I know).

LeJosh

Savant
Visit the merchant north of Sorpigal, hope to god he has a decent Tetsubo to buy. If you're at Seahaven, I think they appear in the Weaponsmiths catalogue there too.

GrimoireFTW

Learned
damn I almost got screwed by not having someone in my party that uses perception stat. IN the cursed ruins for the crusader promotion quest there is a lever behind a perception secret door that you need to open a door to progress the quest. I had to run outside and get hour of power from the statue and cast eagle eye to get my perception to 24 on my runepriest who had the highest amount. After trying and failing a bunch of times and dying and being rezed by my crusader I thought I was done for no way is 24 enough... but then all of a sudden it actually worked!

funkadelik

Arcane
Visit the merchant north of Sorpigal, hope to god he has a decent Tetsubo to buy. If you're at Seahaven, I think they appear in the Weaponsmiths catalogue there too.
Would those be any good for a level 20+ barbarian?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Do you have any idea where I would find a decent two-handed mace? Kinda regretting choosing mace now as a barbarian seeing as how I've sold all these two-handed sword relics(fuck me, I know).
there is a relic 2h mace in act4 story dungeon. other than that go to a high end merchant like the blackfang guy, check inventory, then rest at inn until he gets new stuff in.

Mortmal

Arcane
Depending on cloud saves is russian roullete, only one out of six total but when it happen....

is there another way then?

Theres a savegame directory in \Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames playing with the uplay version. I'd check there first . If you lost your save,s i am beggining the forge atm, so i could email you my saves, although its not the same party.

Luzur

Good Sir
Using Uplay cloud is a big nono, I lost over 20 hours of Homam6 gamplay due to this idiotic system.

can i switch it off? offline mode?

and i foudn the savegames in the directory Mortmal showed me, and they all seems to be there, luckily, dunno if they work ingame though, gonna try it now.

Mortmal

Arcane
Its likely it does, i have often the message " cannot sychronize with cloud" yet my game works fine... I am not even trying to understand anymore. That online DRM uplay only causestrouble to the honest customer , the pirate bay version does not have save problems.

Mortmal

Arcane
You can deactivate cloud in Uplay parameters, the cog on the window top right .

funkadelik

Arcane
there is a relic 2h mace in act4 story dungeon. other than that go to a high end merchant like the blackfang guy, check inventory, then rest at inn until he gets new stuff in.
Thanks, totally forgot about the blackfang merchant. I only had to rest once and I got a badass dragon bone mace right away with 50-56 base damage, +10 might and 14 light damage. Holy moly I thought I was gonna get to the end before I got a better mace.

Edit: About what level did everyone start running their higher level class quests so you could grandmaster skills?

Thane Solus

Arcane
I enjoyed more than i should:P

Act 2 and a half so far:

PROs:

1) Lots of places to go, explore, and die
2) Graphics are good enough for a game like this, not a graphics dude, more interested in gameplay.
3) Classic character development not pen and paper crap, i hate those systems. Lots of schools to play with, and skills.
4) i like the interface it gives a classic feeling, but the world map is crap.
5) It gives me a classic rpg feeling overall, which i enjoy
6) no respawn of mobs on the maps (this is not a fucking mmorpg)

Cons:

1) Better world map or no map at all (display info and add points of interest after you discovered them, example: http://rero.bg/files/2014/01/MMXL_Map-Might-Magic-X-Legacy-rero.jpg
2) Paper dolls dont change ever, i really, really hate that
3) UPlay. Buying a game and then playing it cracked its hilarious, Ubisoft never changes... Cant wait to see them bankrupt.
4) The movement should have an option to use free mouse to move not just to look around.
5) horrible optimization, fuck unity, but mostly due to bad programming of these devs.
6) story and dialogs are as generic as it can be, and the story is....banal shit boring, beside a few quests and characters and the religion's agenda and control.
7) monster spawning out of nowhere(behind) wtf is this? Doom 3?

I really hope the devs will fix most of the things and bring updates with the next patches. There is a big opportunity to milk improve this with expansions, and sequels.

In a more healthy PC Games industry this will be a mediocre game at best, but since we are playing shovelware for the past 5-10 years, we get so excited and ignore everything and find games like this, great. Still, better than nothing.

So: :4/5:

Flawed, but fun.

Luzur

Good Sir
Its likely it does, i have often the message " cannot sychronize with cloud" yet my game works fine... I am not even trying to understand anymore. That online DRM uplay only causestrouble to the honest customer , the pirate bay version does not have save problems.

i did so now, and now i got my saves back, arigato senpai!

now i need to fix the frequent crashing in Seahaven...

Mortmal

Arcane

i did so now, and now i got my saves back, arigato senpai!

now i need to fix the frequent crashing in Seahaven...

Check files integrity , seeing your earlier texture problems and constant crashing its likely some files were corrupted when patching online . Ah i mourn the days when you could just use a cd and play asap.

bloodlover

Arcane
Is the orc barbarian any good as a melee dps? Down to level 10 and I am not sold on her yet.

funkadelik

Arcane
Is the orc barbarian any good as a melee dps? Down to level 10 and I am not sold on her yet.
Make sure you are leveling swords and not maces, there are TONS of two handed relic swords throughout the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom