Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Syvere

Educated
Is the orc barbarian any good as a melee dps? Down to level 10 and I am not sold on her yet.
Make sure you are leveling swords and not maces, there are TONS of two handed relic swords throughout the game.

Well, you're wrong. First of all Barbarians cannot use swords and second there's only one (1) two handed sword relic in the whole game.

Maces are ok, they seem to have the highest base dmg out of all weapons, there's one two handed mace relic in the game and maces are very reliable to hit. As a bonus they stun the target on critical which is pretty nice.

Barbarians do not do as much damage as bladedancers but they get GM endurance meaning they have massive hp pool. Put on some medium armour and you get a pretty good tank that can dish out much more damage than a pure tank. Also their promotion ability is pretty nice.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Only thing limiting my enjoyment so far is the terrible performance, even tho its better than beta, its still unacceptable considering my hardware.

Played around about, thinking about a Barbarian/Bladedancer/Runepriest/Freemage party.

-How are spears? Grandmaster spears + Two-Handed looks like some nice synergy with blocking, and ignoring 50% of armor looks like a huge damage potential (assuming most enemies wear armor and aren't just HP-bloats). Are the base spear stats good enough to be comparable with what a Mace puts out?
-Is missing out on Perception checks going to be a downer? The ranged classes just seem... lame, and Perception seems a poor stat otherwise. If I do miss out, do I have the opportunity to come back later, or are these one-time checks?
-Has anyone found a way to get the game to run in the background, so that I can at least alt-tab during the huge load times rather than be forced to sit and stare at the empty screen?

Luzur

Good Sir
Its likely it does, i have often the message " cannot sychronize with cloud" yet my game works fine... I am not even trying to understand anymore. That online DRM uplay only causestrouble to the honest customer , the pirate bay version does not have save problems.

i did so now, and now i got my saves back, arigato senpai!

now i need to fix the frequent crashing in Seahaven...

Check files integrity , seeing your earlier texture problems and constant crashing its likely some files were corrupted when patching online . Ah i mourn the days when you could just use a cd and play asap.

well the texture problems is my too old now graphics card (Nividia Geforce 7900 GS Skyrim worked fine on high with it but this game it cannot handle.), gonna buy a new one this week to remedy this.

funkadelik

Arcane
Is the orc barbarian any good as a melee dps? Down to level 10 and I am not sold on her yet.
Make sure you are leveling swords and not maces, there are TONS of two handed relic swords throughout the game.

Well, you're wrong. First of all Barbarians cannot use swords and second there's only one (1) two handed sword relic in the whole game.

Maces are ok, they seem to have the highest base dmg out of all weapons, there's one two handed mace relic in the game and maces are very reliable to hit. As a bonus they stun the target on critical which is pretty nice.

Barbarians do not do as much damage as bladedancers but they get GM endurance meaning they have massive hp pool. Put on some medium armour and you get a pretty good tank that can dish out much more damage than a pure tank. Also their promotion ability is pretty nice.
My barbarian is easily the worst character in my group.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Anyone know if you are able to "revive" an unconscious character without having to go back to town? When my only healer gets knocked unconscious im forced to leave everything and go back to town because only healing spells work and not potions.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Anyone know if you are able to "revive" an unconscious character without having to go back to town? When my only healer gets knocked unconscious im forced to leave everything and go back to town because only healing spells work and not potions.

You can rest.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
-How are spears? Grandmaster spears + Two-Handed looks like some nice synergy with blocking, and ignoring 50% of armor looks like a huge damage potential (assuming most enemies wear armor and aren't just HP-bloats). Are the base spear stats good enough to be comparable with what a Mace puts out?
I feel like mace is better than spear just for the chance to stun. If you pump your blade dancer to do huge damage and your barbarian to stun that's an extremely powerful combination IMO.

-Is missing out on Perception checks going to be a downer? The ranged classes just seem... lame, and Perception seems a poor stat otherwise. If I do miss out, do I have the opportunity to come back later, or are these one-time checks?
I'm still not sure how the Perception check for secrets work. My characters keep saying they found something but then there's nothing usable or clickable, and if they do this while I'm zipping past a tile and come back they don't say their detection line again.

-Has anyone found a way to get the game to run in the background, so that I can at least alt-tab during the huge load times rather than be forced to sit and stare at the empty screen?
No way to do it. It's my biggest gripe with the game so far.

Thinking of stopping my game and starting a new party myself, Defender and Ranger both seem like I've gimped myself immensely.

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
[/quote]My barbarian is easily the worst character in my group.[/quote]

What do you expect from a filthy orc?!

Eyeball

Arcane
Sooo, is there any actual drawback to winning one fight, resting and then heading on to the NeXT? There doesn't seem to be much sense of urgency at all and the 9 supplies I can get from the wandering Merchant appears to be enough to get my team of human crusader, orc hunter, dwarf runemage and elven bladedancer through the dungeons. Just seems a bit tedious having to resupply the Whole time.

Morphi

Augur
Can you replace the music with other music ? ( thinking about Xeen music or MM6 ) The soundtrack is a bit forgettable, kinda background music...

Edit: I could mute it an use winamp in the background...

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sooo, is there any actual drawback to winning one fight, resting and then heading on to the NeXT? There doesn't seem to be much sense of urgency at all and the 9 supplies I can get from the wandering Merchant appears to be enough to get my team of human crusader, orc hunter, dwarf runemage and elven bladedancer through the dungeons. Just seems a bit tedious having to resupply the Whole time.

I guess the rations system is there precisely to make it harder for you to rest after every single fight. It sort of works and I sort of approve, only if you play on Warrior there's a slight problem with replenishing mana since mana potions are expensive-ish and rare-ish.

But I suppose on Adventurer it's a smoother experience.

LeJosh

Savant
Wouldn't you be starved for gold if you don't have the identify skill? Repairs aren't as big a problem any more at least.

Or is gold a non-issue Act 3 onwards? I'm only on 2, just got the bladedancer presitge quest.

Lhynn

Arcane
My team of merc/crusader/freemage/druid isnt doing too bad. The damage from enemies on warrior is kinda retarded tho, i keep using the light armor spell just to get tru turns without getting my peps killed.

Thinking of restarting the game now that i know what each thing does.

PS: what the fuck is that bullshit about you not getting XP if you are stunned :retarded:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
"While running the game on a 32-bit OS, here are the limits:
Party Barks, Monster and ambient sounds are not available
Voice over is not available"
Wait... what? That surely wins the retard of the month award.

Branm

Learned
I'm thinking now, Crusader (for mass heal and mass damage buff) as tank, using "challenge" on tough foes to soak up dmg.

Blade Dancer as wtf aoe melee.

Ranger as ranged melee, and healer.

Free mage as magic dmg dealer.

Do I need a dedicated healer?

Thats exactly the party i have. Am at like level 22 now and the ranger is def the weakest of the bunch but he is my healer with regen and the armor buff.

The big problem with that party is no character that can use two handed weapons...Id prob replace the ranger with the orc healer or someone that can use 2 handed swords.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok one thing that's slightly disapointing are the Expert-Master bonuses, sometimes even GM. I don't remember exactly MM VI - VIII anymore but I'm sure different levels gave interesting and varied bonuses. Here it's stat increases more often than not. Oh wel...

Arkeus

Arcane
So, huh, just finished act 2... and did i miss something, or Act 2 is just a single dungeon that's shorter than the Castle Poteymaron?

EDIT:
Also, even after beating the boss in level 2 of Lost City, i still have a key unused. Anyone knows what i am supposed to do with it?

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Most skills worked the same in MM6, 7 and 8. Expert, Master and GM just gave your skills a higher multiplier. Like your skill level * 2 etc., whatever. Magic skills were a lot more interesting, though. Like changed single target buffs into party buffs.

funkadelik

Arcane
Ok, how do i beat Ravenous Ghouls?
If you're still in act 2, you dont really wanna be fighting them yet. I assume you're on level 3 of the Lost City. I didn't conquer that til mid act 3 or later. You'll definitely want to get some levels under your belt, cause that level has an ARMY of monsters.[/spoilers]

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'm still not sure how the Perception check for secrets work. My characters keep saying they found something but then there's nothing usable or clickable, and if they do this while I'm zipping past a tile and come back they don't say their detection line again.

huh, my chars dont say anything at all, and i have checked the volumes.

They only say anything if you have secret detection on via spell buff or henchmen. But they say when you're on the general vicinity of the secret, so you have to go around and examine nearby walls for a shiny outline (crack for might check, arcane symbol for magic check, and gears for perception check). There's no check to see the secret, just to open the way.

Ok, how do i beat Ravenous Ghouls?
That air knockback ruins their day. Also the AoE freeze from water expert.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I haven't had too much time to play, I'm still in Castle Portmeyron. My party feels pretty balanced: defender, hunter, freemage, druid. I regret giving everyone a ranged weapon skill, since the freemage and druid just use spells for attacking; but that was before I realized that I needed to chug mana potions. Good thing there's plenty of gold to buy mana potions, otherwise I would resort to resting much more frequently.

The defender does more damage than the hunter, but misses much more frequently. He blocks attacks a fairly often and can taunt enemies, so he's not useless, and his -15 armor blow helps when he doesn't miss. I think I may have built my hunter wrong, since he can only use plain melee and ranged attacks (but then again he has a lot of passive bonuses). The freemage's celestial armor has been a lifesaver, especially against Mamushi.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom