Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Quatlo

Arcane
I'm looking for the dagger grandmaster, any idea where he is?

Syvere

Educated
0 relic daggers 0 relic 2h maces (0 relic 1h maces too for that matter) found. 2 relic swords and they're really good - one of them easy to get.
seems to be mostly armor relics in the game tho - and they're p sweet.

Well that sucks. I don't have anyone using swords.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Hey, does anybody have any advice based on later-game experience . . .?

I'm wondering what my defensive strategy for my ranger should be. Should I keep her away from armor and just pump evasion? Or is it worth speccing some medium armor skill?

Syvere

Educated
Looking at the game files there are
3 swords (2 one handed), 3 axes (1 one handed), 1 dagger, 1 spear, 2 maces (1 one handed)
melee weapon relics.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Guys since no one answered me I'll repeat my question
I have a question - normal edition costs 60 potato gold coins ($20), while deluxe costs 90 ($30). Is the deluxe edition worth it?
Retail or digital? The retail version comes in a nice box, with a cloth map (which helpled me a lot in a certain quest :D), some litographs and a soundtrack CD. You also will gain access to the first DLC and exclusive dungeon once they're released, for free. Is it worth it? Judge for yourself.
The deluxe version also includes MM6, which is a nice bonus.

Syvere

Educated
What's the general consensus on Crusader vs Barbarian?

Also are you guys upping anything else than spirit and magic on your mages? Vitality or destiny?

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014

Also are you guys upping anything else than spirit and magic on your mages? Vitality or destiny?

Crusader is the better tank, in my opinion. Celestial Armor is invaluable in Act 1, and he is not too shabby after that.

Eyeball

Arcane
You now Guys, I played this back when it came out as a raw beta and was very unimpressed. Long load times, slow combat, unintuitive interface and lolspiders everywhere. Played through a few shit spiderfights and uninstalled.

Downloaded it again earlier today and Guys, I....I actually like it. Combat and movement is a hell of a lot smoother now, there is decent variety in enemies and the open World is actually open - walking around South of the starting village butchering wolves, I came across some ghost ladies WHO proceeded to twoshot my entire party. I've not seen such blatant noobrape since finding the solitary orc in the cave outside the starting town in Gothic 2 and it's lovely to experience it Again.

I have zero experience with MM before 6 and the grid-based movement is a bit offputting, but it definitely feels like MM. I can spot treasure chests and shrines in the distance and estimate whether I can take that pack of wolves standing NeXT to it, it feels a lot like a first-person HOMM.

So I will keep playing. This certainly is a delightful surprise of early 2014.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Utility vs raw damage...Depends on the setup of your party.

No...the returns are too small unless you dump points so I don't even bother. 2% damage is better than 0.25% crit chance by a very large margin.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Just leave the dungeon and return, I think you get teleported to the governor's room right away and the gryphon dude shows up there too.

LeJosh

Savant

For my Runepriest I've got 15 for those two, Destiny for crit chance on spells is good but not over raw damage, I'd say.

Giskard

Augur
I am loving this game so much, it's like being back in my mispent youth with the early MM games. :love::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I do have one question,

I am really struggling to beat Iven in the Castle, I get him almost beat, then two brigands show up and together they shit on me, any advice from anyone?

Enter the room and go to right, until the archway, that way when the archers come, they will be behind Iven.

Thank you! I will try that.

Syvere

Educated
I have been doing some calculations and I see no point in criticals at least in melee. Say you're using dagger which have 70%+ to crit. Now in this scenario you have 60 destiny and 60 might. The dagger you're using has 10dmg. Might gives you 2% per point so 120%+ and destiny 0.25% to crit chance. With this default setup we get 22dmg and 15% crit chance. So every once in a while you hit for 37.4dmg. Now you get another 60 points to distribute and you put it all on might. 120 might gives you 240%+ base damage. Meaning 34dmg with crit 57.8. If you put it all on destiny we have still only 30% crit chance with 22 base dmg.

Basically there's absolutely no sense in putting points to destiny other than for evade. Also Swords do more damage than daggers but they get 3 hits per round at GM.

To reach GM you need 25 points and for each point you get 4% (100%) dmg to daggers and 8% (200%)in swords. Now let's say we have a dagger with 6-8dmg and sword 12-16dmg which are the starter items. For daggers we have 2 x 3 x 6|8 = 36-48 and for swords 3 x 12|16 = 36-48. So unless the base dmg % difference between swords and daggers doesn't change during the game it's pretty much all the same which one you go with. Daggers get higher crit dmg and you get to hit 3 times thus having higher chance to crit so they might end up being slightly better for dps.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
Man that shadow dragon in Ashen Hills just buttfucked me into oblivion.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok, so far I love it. I'm about 3 hours in, got some questions:

- is it possible to take on a hireling that would repair weapons and armor? Or do I have to carry replacement items and repair only at shops?
- identifying is expensive as fuck on Warrior, 300 gold a pop? Isn't there a cheaper way to do this for chrissake?
- will I have problem with potions? Mana potion is 100 g and I just chugged about 6 of them during the fight with Luke (lost anyway, every single time); are there different prices at different vendors? I don't suppose I'll be able to brew that shit myself later on?
- why the rations limit set at 6? Do I have to run back to the town to restock all the time? Is the limit gonna go up?
- I've got a Bladedancer, Defender, Freemage and Shaman, any tips what to pump up asap and what can wait? I need to beef up my melee fighters in particular, they're barely making a dent on bosses and elites and I'm not sure how to make them more useful

Thanks.

Arkeus

Arcane
So, finally just beat the Shadow Dragon over in the starter area, and amusingly what made it easy was the starter Water spell. The ability to say nope to the second attack of the dragon made him very manageable.

Maybe i should try the Cyclope that way too, but he is scary.
Ok, so far I love it. I'm about 3 hours in, got some questions:

- is it possible to take on a hireling that would repair weapons and armor? Or do I have to carry replacement items and repair only at shops?
Yes, but getter Attack Value and stuff won't break as much.
- identifying is expensive as fuck on Warrior, 300 gold a pop? Isn't there a cheaper way to do this for chrissake?
Prime magic expert has a spell for identify.

- will I have problem with potions? Mana potion is 100 g and I just chugged about 6 of them during the fight with Luke (lost anyway, every single time); are there different prices at different vendors? I don't suppose I'll be able to brew that shit myself later on?
Yes you will have a problem if you aren't careful.

- why the rations limit set at 6? Do I have to run back to the town to restock all the time? Is the limit gonna go up?
It goes up. The caravan outside of town already can give you up to 9 rations.

- I've got a Bladedancer, Defender, Freemage and Shaman, any tips what to pump up asap and what can wait? I need to beef up my melee fighters in particular, they're barely making a dent on bosses and elites and I'm not sure how to make them more useful

Up your weapons with Bladedancer/Defender, up Earth Magic with Shaman, up Prime with Freemage (Identify) and then Air.

Syvere

Educated
Quick question about barbarian. What stats should you raise? Might, Vitality but what about Destiny? Did you go for Medium armor or Dodge?

Also I'm not sure if this is a bug but for some reason my rune priest's total mana is written in red in inventory and on freemage it's green. I don't have any buffs or other conditions.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom