Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

bonescraper

For mushidushi in the lighthouse just keep defending, moving, healing - but only attack with your caster and ranged. The retaliation is simply too strong at that level to handle with melee.
Bah, he was a pushover. You should have kept that Crusader. I had Celestial Armor on through the whole fight, so everyone melee'd him. Even my Runepriest. Warrior difficulty.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Musashiwhathisface wasn't so bad. Took me a few tries before I figured the best way to take him out was to charge him and stay in the middle square.

Earth Magic is insanely OPd. I don't know how I could've done that fight without Restoration.

Anyways, I can see why a bunch of crybaby idiot reviewers would find the game "too hard." It requires you to try multiple times, and use your goddamn brain.

LeJosh

Savant
For mushidushi in the lighthouse just keep defending, moving, healing - but only attack with your caster and ranged. The retaliation is simply too strong at that level to handle with melee.
Bah, he was a pushover. You should have kept that Crusader. I had Celestial Armor on through the whole fight, so everyone melee'd him. Even my Runepriest. Warrior difficulty.

Yeah, I did the same and beat him on my second try, knowing he used push the second time and made sure I was at least 1 square from the edge.

Nyast

Cipher
I'm glad I didn't play too much of the early access. The release is much improved, has better pacing and balance ( day & night cycles feel a lot better now ). Camera movement is a lot smoother, although it lacks a bit of head wobbling to my taste.

For those who are in Act2+, how are the puzzles/mechanisms elements of the game ?

sser

Arcane
Developer
Bladedancer upgrade quest

What the goddam fuck. That mage guy hits for like 150-200 bolts of damage and he's got the moves of a kungfu master. I had to ditch most of my armor to get my attack value up, not that said armor was doing jackshit against his uber magicka. I eventually did kill him and cheered. Now, I don't know if I fucked up because I walked up to the tree and 'interacted' with it or if they were already there, but when I turned around there was a horde of attack golems surrounding me. That ended my party and my night of gaming. I could only muster a few more attempts against him before surrendering. I usually approached him with various buffs up, but a critical strike from him was a 1-shot kill straight through Celestial Armor. Not sure what he's weak to, if anything. I dropped multiple cyclones on him just for effect and prayed my dwarf and elf would manage to land blows/crits. Maybe I'll try to tomorrow, though I hate having to stare a boss in the face, then abruptly turn around and trek all the way back up a few ladders to exit and go grind shit out elsewhere. When you see guys like this, it only makes me think characters like the Freemage of premium value, because I keep running into shit only they can stop.
you guys needs resistance in your life.

I always buff arcane (+ all res) and whatever school seems to be the problem (in this case.. earth, IIRC?).

He does pure dark so I got nothing to stop him, really, other than just killing him as fast as possible. I did manage to kill him once, but my group was too thoroughly thrashed to survive afterward. I think I just need more potions and I'll be alright.

LeJosh

Savant
Bladedancer upgrade quest

What the goddam fuck. That mage guy hits for like 150-200 bolts of damage and he's got the moves of a kungfu master. I had to ditch most of my armor to get my attack value up, not that said armor was doing jackshit against his uber magicka. I eventually did kill him and cheered. Now, I don't know if I fucked up because I walked up to the tree and 'interacted' with it or if they were already there, but when I turned around there was a horde of attack golems surrounding me. That ended my party and my night of gaming. I could only muster a few more attempts against him before surrendering. I usually approached him with various buffs up, but a critical strike from him was a 1-shot kill straight through Celestial Armor. Not sure what he's weak to, if anything. I dropped multiple cyclones on him just for effect and prayed my dwarf and elf would manage to land blows/crits. Maybe I'll try to tomorrow, though I hate having to stare a boss in the face, then abruptly turn around and trek all the way back up a few ladders to exit and go grind shit out elsewhere. When you see guys like this, it only makes me think characters like the Freemage of premium value, because I keep running into shit only they can stop.

you guys needs resistance in your life.

I always buff arcane (+ all res) and whatever school seems to be the problem (in this case.. earth, IIRC?).

He does pure dark so I got nothing to stop him, really, other than just killing him as fast as possible. I did manage to kill him once, but my group was too thoroughly thrashed to survive afterward. I think I just need more potions and I'll be alright.

I'd recommend getting the blessing at 95, 80 for Dark Magic resist and 85, 84 for '10pts. to Melee/Ranged damage and 10 to all attributes.' If you didn't already do so, they last 250 steps, I imagine you could make it to him.

bonescraper

Guys since no one answered me I'll repeat my question
I have a question - normal edition costs 60 potato gold coins ($20), while deluxe costs 90 ($30). Is the deluxe edition worth it?
Retail or digital? The retail version comes in a nice box, with a cloth map (which helpled me a lot in a certain quest :D), some litographs and a soundtrack CD. You also will gain access to the first DLC and exclusive dungeon once they're released, for free. Is it worth it? Judge for yourself.

Syvere

Educated
Does anyone have a list of relics? Is there a dagger relic?

Also I'm currently running bladedancer, barbarian, rune priest and freemage and I feel incredibly weak. Bladedancer does barely any damage. Should I be using daggers or swords? Maybe destiny works for daggers better than might?

Barbarian seems ok, but I'm unsure about maces. Is there a better weapon choice?

Freemage has dark, primordial and air schools. And so far air is the only useful school with spark and gust of wind.

Rune priest is also good with fire, earth and light.

I feel I should reroll with sword bladedancer, crusader, druid and rune priest.

Last edited:

bonescraper

Barbarian seems ok, but I'm unsure about maces. Is there a better weapon choice?
No? Maces are great. At master level you gain the ability to stun on crit.
Also I'm currently running bladedancer, barbarian, rune priest and freemage and I feel incredibly weak. Bladedancer does barely any damage. Should I be using daggers or swords? Maybe destiny works for daggers better than might?
Pump up daggers and dual wield to max asap. He'll catch up and even surpass the barbarian in terms of damage.

rickralsten

Educated
I got a golden key out of a chest in Castle Portmeyron. Do I use it in the castle because I can't seem to find any locked doors. Anyone remember?

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Zed what are your thoughts on the barbarian so far (as a replacement for crusader at least) ? I'm considering rerolling

Barbarian
Blade Dancer
Rune Priest
Free Mage / Druid

instead of

Crusader
Blade Dancer
Rune Priest
Free Mage

Tanking seems unreliable to me because of the number of fights were you are outnumbered (and can only taunt one guy per turn) and enemies (and bosses) that can target the whole team, so i'd rather have a full damage dealer that won't use the same weapons as my blade dancer.

LeJosh

Savant
I got a golden key out of a chest in Castle Portmeyron. Do I use it in the castle because I can't seem to find any locked doors. Anyone remember?

I used it after the fight with Iven... have you beat him?

I'm using the same party, except the Freemage Hobz. I have a defender there that uses Axes, Heavy Armor and Shields. Very effective tank, especially with warfare at expert and above. (armor break, taunt, 100% chance hit and spell interupt ability.)

If you use Barb I would say you're missing out on 4 and above points of Armor (I'm on 13) so to compensate, pump up Endurance, hopefully the damage output helps with 2H Mace.

Swords with the Bladedancer are really effective for me, a quarter to half health depending crits is taken off per attack.

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir
well, been having a blast for 6 hours straight, cleared the first area, finished the lighthouse (i wasnt ready for the boss so he just flipped me over the edge before i knew it the first time) mugged some brigands, tried out those 2 dangerous caves (got fucked hard and was forced to crawl out of there crying) and fucked up that raiding party on the castle, and all was fine until i hit this:

S1LKIgp.png

so, anyone tell me how to fix this? any onther screen (shops, temple etc) is fine, but this one is just pure white.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Does anyone have a list of relics? Is there a dagger relic?

Freemage has dark, primordial and air schools. And so far air is the only useful school with spark and gust of wind.

Rune priest is also good with fire, earth and light.

I feel I should reroll with sword bladedancer, crusader, druid and rune priest.
regarding relics: by answering this I'll take away some of the fun (what exists and what doesn't) so read only if you feel you must :P
0 relic daggers 0 relic 2h maces (0 relic 1h maces too for that matter) found. 2 relic swords and they're really good - one of them easy to get.
seems to be mostly armor relics in the game tho - and they're p sweet.
You party looks pretty solid to me. I'm basically running the same but with a druid instead of freemage.

I found swords to be better on bladedancer. The class picks up later and before mid-game should have passed you runepriest as main damage dealer.
You can later spec bladedancer to tank too.
On my bladedancer I spent 1 point might, 1 point vitality, 2 point destiny for the first 10 levels, then I switched to 2 might, 2 destiny, and now I do 4 might.

Barbarian is good and maces is a solid choice just because they can GM it together with GM 2H Weapons.

Primordial is mostly a "quality of life" spell school with stuff that saves you money or time.

Runepriest is solid.

Giskard

Augur
I am loving this game so much, it's like being back in my mispent youth with the early MM games. :love::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I do have one question,

I am really struggling to beat Iven in the Castle, I get him almost beat, then two brigands show up and together they shit on me, any advice from anyone?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
so, anyone tell me how to fix this? any onther screen (shops, temple etc) is fine, but this one is just pure white.
Have you come seeking the light?

Update graphics drivers and fuck around with your settings (like turn off spectacular whatevers and switch antialiases etc).

Thane Solus

Arcane
Finished Chapter 1, lots of fun, i like everything but no armor/weapon changes on paper dols i fucking hate that,not being able to move with free look its a pain and retarded for this day and age, also the world map is simple as fuck and no notes.

overall so far 7/10. Also it wasnt ubisoft that make the game, its was limbic entertainment. So stop praising those idiots, i wonder if Ubi contracted them or they had to buy the right to use the license. Its a little incline but managed to fuck up their sales by adding Uplay...I swear they are completely clueless when it comes to PC Gamers.

Thane Solus

Arcane
I am loving this game so much, it's like being back in my mispent youth with the early MM games. :love::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I do have one question,

I am really struggling to beat Iven in the Castle, I get him almost beat, then two brigands show up and together they shit on me, any advice from anyone?

Enter the room and go to right, until the archway, that way when the archers come, they will be behind Iven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom