Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
You can check all of your potential spells in the skill list, simply uncheck the option that hides spells you don't have. Checking out all of the spells takes 15s creating a party.
lol I never noticed that. Feel stupid now.

Lhynn

Arcane
Ive actually found its not as bad as you guys think, my runepriest without perception has a reliable to hit with his spear, i still havent gotten around to investing in foci and it works wonders when the enemy has low hp and is ready for the final blow, saves me a lot of mp. even with only 1 point in said weapon.
You can attack with foci too, and they can't be blocked iirc. Also you are forgetting magical weapon bonuses. Foci give skill bonuses. Two foci giving +4 to fire spell skill > some spear that deals 3 bonus fire damage.

Seriously having a weapon skill on a full caster is a waste of skill points. You only get anything out of them if you attack, While just investing skill points and wielding a focus is a great boost to all your spells.
foci damage is too low. im doing around 8 damage with one while doing 30 damage with my spear. For a last hit its much much better as you keep getting better novice spears, foci damage is just stuck in a low place.
And its default weapon skill you get at creation, just saying even against high level monsters you can hit reliably with minimal or no investment.

I don't see much point in the GM Light spell either, particularly considering what else you could cast that turn.

The GM bonus also makes all of your other spells much more potent. I'll take that for my Character who spends 1/2-3/4ths of their time casting Celestial Armor, thank you very much. Same for Earth and Regen, and Earth has other great stuff too. Even better with offensive spells since you can ignore some resistance.

I don't see why not, it doesn't say explicitly in any retaliation skill that it ignores block attempts or evasion. I'm almost sure you can dodge/block them (as long as you have block attempts left in your round)

funkadelik

Arcane
Can anyone help with the teleporter puzzle on the third floor of the Tomb of 1000 Terrors?
It's not really a puzzle, just keep going through the teleporters and stepping on all of the orange platforms until you get all of the walkways up.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Ive actually found its not as bad as you guys think, my runepriest without perception has a reliable to hit with his spear, i still havent gotten around to investing in foci and it works wonders when the enemy has low hp and is ready for the final blow, saves me a lot of mp. even with only 1 point in said weapon.
You can attack with foci too, and they can't be blocked iirc. Also you are forgetting magical weapon bonuses. Foci give skill bonuses. Two foci giving +4 to fire spell skill > some spear that deals 3 bonus fire damage.

Seriously having a weapon skill on a full caster is a waste of skill points. You only get anything out of them if you attack, While just investing skill points and wielding a focus is a great boost to all your spells.
foci damage is too low. im doing around 8 damage with one while doing 30 damage with my spear. For a last hit its much much better as you keep getting better novice spears, foci damage is just stuck in a low place.
And its default weapon skill you get at creation, just saying even against high level monsters you can hit reliably with minimal or no investment.
Point is with foci you'd naturally deal a lot more damage, same enemy you're finishing with your spear would be dead already.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Man the lost city is pulping my nards. Some fights are cheese, some end up ridiculous. I already killed Montbard, maybe I should turn around. . .

Anyone know what the gold key is for?

You can go to level 4 of Lost City and get the
Water Shard
as it's much easier than level 3. I think you can do it at around level 12-15.

Well level 3 of Lost City was kicking my ass up until level 22 or something. It's not you. I finally got through it and killed that dumb spider though, the fire buff was so not worth it.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Yeah I just went back in there to mop up and got my ass handed to me. My guys are sitting @ 16. Sooooo I'll be coming back.

Time to find those Karthal Sewers . . .

Arkeus

Arcane
I... think i just got a gamebreaking bug.

So i did
rock skull
, and was suprised not to find the air shard. I assumed it was because that guy gave it in exchange of his sword or something. But apparently it's really there- but i am pretty sure i checked EVERYTHING there (i got the lever that makes the two bridges fall down).

Only thing i can think of is this chest at the end of of the first level, but i think i already emptied it (it's open). However, it's still glowing as well as open. I wonder if my inventory was full or something when i got it open, which made me 'refuse' the shard.

:(

Anyone help?

I don't see why not, it doesn't say explicitly in any retaliation skill that it ignores block attempts or evasion. I'm almost sure you can dodge/block them (as long as you have block attempts left in your round)

I'll start to check the log more closely when it happens. The times i've looked, i dont think i've seen them being blocked or dodged.
I thought it would be a nice strategy to provoke someone using a character who has retaliation.

I... think i just got a gamebreaking bug.

So i did
rock skull
, and was suprised not to find the air shard. I assumed it was because that guy gave it in exchange of his sword or something. But apparently it's really there- but i am pretty sure i checked EVERYTHING there (i got the lever that makes the two bridges fall down).

Only thing i can think of is this chest at the end of of the first level, but i think i already emptied it (it's open). However, it's still glowing as well as open. I wonder if my inventory was full or something when i got it open, which made me 'refuse' the shard.

:(

Anyone help?
The shard is in the same room as the boss (lvl 2, the big siren called Iemanja), it's easy to miss cuz it's in a small golden box next to the main chest. Try looking again over there.

Lhynn

Arcane
Point is with foci you'd naturally deal a lot more damage, same enemy you're finishing with your spear would be dead already.
Oh i know, just not at lvl 1. Ill get around to getting it eventually, just not a priority right now.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Beat it - the last fight was a serious pain in the ass. My invincible Crusader ended up carrying three corpses across the finish line because I was so unprepared for the shitstorm that is the "final boss" fight.

Party at end:

Shaman - 29

Crusader - 30
Scout - 30
Bladedancer - 30

Got most of the promotions before Act III even started because I moseyed about so much. I just didn't realize where the Lost City was until I just blundered into it like an idiot. Killed the boss in that area almost instantly. Complete non-fight. Majority of quests for the 'western' parts of the map were already finished by the time I actually got to them. This lead to a lot of tough fights as I blundered into areas out of my league, but I think my party was so well rounded that it could handle it. Buying more equipment probably could have alleviated some of the pain, as I was lugging around garbage gear for way too long. I ultimately did spend the second half of the game just steamrolling everything. Only time I ever got into trouble again was the final boss itself, but that was mostly due to me getting lazy in trying to end the game. I had a lot of "unmastered/unGM'd" skills as I got tired of looking for their trainers. A lot of points were quite unceremoniously dumped into Endurance as I sat on the final stage. Also had a backpack full of unidentified equipment at the end of the game, too. None of this mattered as my party could just blow through everything. I even wasted a lot of points in dumb stuff like Experting Crossbows just to see the relic crossbow and doing the same for spears on my Shaman. I didn't do a number of dungeons for replayability purposes. Also pretty sure I missed a ton of secrets as I rarely had the means to detect them.

Things to note:

- Bladedancer is easily the #1 damage dealer in the game. It actually has the lowest number of "decisions" to make when it comes to builds. Do you want swords or daggers? Either way you'll be bashing foes real easy. Both promotion skills are amazing.

- Crusader is a wunderkind type character. GM Swords and GM Light means you can have awesome attack and awesome magic without having to attribute dump into either.

- I don't think I had a character far over 250hp. Never really dumped much into Vitality. You get a lot of awesome equipment for that kind of thing anyway. Resists and armor are more important, IMO.

- Shaman and Bladedancer have really cool "promotion" quests. Crusader's is a total hassle. Scout's is just awful and quite clearly tacked on.

- Using the Paladin's Light-damage boost, the Bladedancer's damage output rocketed as every single attack had additional Light damage. Throw in some crits and he was facerolling people left and right - sometimes literally, as "Cleave" is such a strong skill.

- I think a pure might Scout would wreck havoc, too. Not nearly as well as the Bladedancer, but possibly a close second. Giving up sheer damage output for the utility found in mastering Fire is a good trade off, anyhow.

- Watch the credits. Game was made on a shoestring budget. Like nobody worked on the game at all - a handful of programmers and content creators presumably at the behest of a fire and forget Ubisoft support gauge. It's amazing that it turned out so well given it was eked out of damn near nothing but a shit engine and rehashed stuff from HoMMVI.

- I really hope they expand on the game. I expect a lot of balance changes/performance impovements to come out in patches and probably an eventual expansion pack or DLC of some kind. I'm pretty sure Ubisoft took notice of the game's popularity vs. its bottom barrel costs to produce.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hmm. Would people suggest Warfare or Mysticism as a 6th skill on a Crusader that is planning GM Sword, Heavy, Light Magic and Master Shield + Endurance? Or maybe Sceptic is right and I should master Warfare instead of Endurance?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Hmm. Would people suggest Warfare or Mysticism as a 6th skill on a Crusader that is planning GM Sword, Heavy, Light Magic and Master Shield + Endurance? Or maybe Sceptic is right and I should master Warfare instead of Endurance?
Warfare is p. great. I'd go for it. I don't remember what you get from master, but on novice you have a single target taunt and an armor debuff, on expert you get an 1-turn silence and an attack that cannot miss or be blocked.

The silence is just too awesome. You can negate so much damage with it.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Master warfare is a bit meh imho. We get "Intercept" which helps us to defend a weak party member but taunt does this party wise and "Furious Blow" that consumes all mana for extra damage, highly trash for someone like crusader who need mana all the time.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Warfare is p. great. I'd go for it. I don't remember what you get from master, but on novice you have a single target taunt and an armor debuff, on expert you get an 1-turn silence and an attack that cannot miss or be blocked.

The silence is just too awesome. You can negate so much damage with it.

Yeah, I checked my test team in game to see what Warfare level 1 does. Getting that. Mysticism can wait.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
And of course each point of warfare gives mana which is also great for a Crusader.

Master warfare is a bit meh imho. We get "Intercept" which helps us to defend a weak party member but taunt does this party wise
Yeah but taunt can be blocked so it has its uses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom