Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Arkeus

Arcane
Hmm. Would people suggest Warfare or Mysticism as a 6th skill on a Crusader that is planning GM Sword, Heavy, Light Magic and Master Shield + Endurance? Or maybe Sceptic is right and I should master Warfare instead of Endurance?
Sceptic is right. Endurance master just isn't worth that much compared to more active skills (and slight mana gain) of warfare.

Endurance just give a tiny bit more life, which while nice doesn't really mean so much given that your crusader wears heavy armor and will almost always be alive anyway (only reason he could die would be on magic crits, and in that cast getting expert Arcane Discipline is so much stronger).

Warfare gives access to Skullcrack on expert, which is a silence that also works for abilities, not just spells (yay!). On master, it gives access to a nuke hit (you gain 0.5 of damage per mana left, and spend all your mana in a hit), and intercept (you intercept hit against a targeted party member), both of which are nice.

Edit: Intercept is nice not only when you can't challenge because mind immunities, but also when you are surrounded by lots of enemies and you want another character to survive this round.

Disgruntled

Savant
Havent finished the game yet but im already rating it up there as one of my favorite rpgs, dare I say edging out Gothic 2 (which is the closest comparison i can make this being my first 'blobber'). It was difficult to pick the stand out features, but ive narrowed it down to the quality of balancing, world building and reward progression. There is always something to look forward to, a skill here, a perk there, a fancy piece of loot or relic. And they are usually hard earned from tough opposition, at least with warrior difficulty.
Once you get the promotion and grandmaster skills, the party becomes a killing machine you've been slowly building towards.

sser DLC is already confirmed: http://store.steampowered.com/app/238750/

FIRST DLC FOR FREE WHEN IT RELEASES: THE FALCON AND THE UNICORN
Deluxe Edition owners will get to enjoy the game’s very first DLC called the Falcon and the Unicorn for free when it releases.
Judging by the name it's something to do with Haven politics.

Itd be great if the dlc recycled most of the assets and just gave us a fresh full on campaign, perhaps with a handful of new classes.
Gameplay wise, the only fix id want is a large crit chance bonus to ranged attacks.

April

Educated
Imo the master warfare skills aren't that good, while the expert ones are awesome, so stopping at expert should be ok.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hmm. Would people suggest Warfare or Mysticism as a 6th skill on a Crusader that is planning GM Sword, Heavy, Light Magic and Master Shield + Endurance? Or maybe Sceptic is right and I should master Warfare instead of Endurance?
Sceptic is right. Endurance master just isn't worth that much compared to more active skills (and slight mana gain) of warfare.

Endurance just give a tiny bit more life, which while nice doesn't really mean so much given that your crusader wears heavy armor and will almost always be alive anyway (only reason he could die would be on magic crits, and in that cast getting expert Arcane Discipline is so much stronger).

Warfare gives access to Skullcrack on expert, which is a silence that also works for abilities, not just spells (yay!). On master, it gives access to a nuke hit (you gain 0.5 of damage per mana left, and spend all your mana in a hit), and intercept (you intercept hit against a targeted party member), both of which are nice.

Edit: Intercept is nice not only when you can't challenge because mind immunities, but also when you are surrounded by lots of enemies and you want another character to survive this round.

Well, if I get both Warfare and Endurance at character creation, I don't have to decide which to level until later.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's the trick with the wooden looking pedestal in Vigil that nearly instakills on touch? There's a small chest at the other end of it and I'm kinda curious what needs to be so well guarded even though there's probably nothing I would really need anymore.

Arkeus

Arcane
Well, if I get both Warfare and Endurance at character creation, I don't have to decide which to level until later.

An advice: get at least a point in warfare with your scout/mercenary too, because while they can't really tank a challenge every once in a while can be useful, and the shatter ability is really good too.

Likewise, try to get to warfare on expert pretty fast with someone, as Skullcrack really is just that good.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So I went through the Water portal in the Elemental Forge after finding the Shard of Water. Did in with the two elementals, "solved" the "puzzle" and when I went up to the next water portal it wouldn't let me deactivate it. Am I missing something here?

Arkeus

Arcane
So I went through the Water portal in the Elemental Forge after finding the Shard of Water. Did in with the two elementals, "solved" the "puzzle" and when I went up to the next water portal it wouldn't let me deactivate it. Am I missing something here?
When you really solve the puzzle, the 'levers' will fall down and a boss will appear (like the earth boss).

sser

Arcane
Developer
What's the trick with the wooden looking pedestal in Vigil that nearly instakills on touch? There's a small chest at the other end of it and I'm kinda curious what needs to be so well guarded even though there's probably nothing I would really need anymore.

That was probably my favorite 'puzzle' in the game. Simple and clever, cracked a smile on my face.

Basically: look carefully about the room. The hint will be right in front of you.

Mysticism for the mana. For quite awhile I put more emphasis on casting more spells instead of necessarily "better" ones. Others might have a different outlook on that, but I feel mana is the most important resource to build up for much of the game. The fewer turns wasted chugging potions the better.

I did eventually take Expert Warfare for the Skull Crack ability (I think that's what it is called) - it stops mages from casting spells which can be an invaluable tool to have on hand. I wish I had leveled it earlier than I had. Master Warfare seems lackluster and probably not at all worth it. After GM'ing Sword you'll have enough attack value to probably drop an Expert Heavy Armor and wear it with minimal drawback. Magical Resist is probably a better investment as the Shield will absorb a lot of physical damage anyway. Honestly, though, after awhile I just don't think much of anything mattered - there's a number of really, really good items well suited for the Crusader and once you don those you'll be set.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron

That was probably my favorite 'puzzle' in the game. Simple and clever, cracked a smile on my face.

Basically: look carefully about the room. The hint will be right in front of you.

I'll have to back track and check it out at some point. I kinda thought "what ever" after a few minutes and moved on.
---

I do hope I'm nearing the end of the game at first level of Ker-Thal. The fights have become tedious with my druid and mage being constantly feebleminded and can't do shit while I grind away with my defender and barbarian in a longwinded and not particularly interesting battles, I have 300K money, nowhere to spend it and no worthy loot to be found. Guess I should've invested in arcane discipline at some point; if that even helps against feebleminding attacks.

Zeriel

Arcane
You can cure feebleminded. Or just put amulets/rings on your casters that give them immunity.

Medic

Scholar
Patron
Is it me or does air magic damage suck balls? I'm doing lots of damage with my fire mage, but shaman with air magic on expert gets his spells resisted 60% of the time and if he hits, he does like 30% of damage compared to fire magic. Entangle does more damage than his lightning bolts.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
usOOv04.png

Arcomage confirmed for DLC?

Is it me or does air magic damage suck balls? I'm doing lots of damage with my fire mage, but shaman with air magic on expert gets his spells resisted 60% of the time and if he hits, he does like 30% of damage compared to fire magic. Entangle does more damage than his lightning bolts.

Cyclone, bro. Cyclone.

Zeriel

Arcane

For some reason they decided to put massive air resistance on every enemy. Pretty disappointing. That said, when it does work, air magic easily does the most damage.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron

I've noticed that too, though chainlightning criticals can be quite devastating.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/secret-doors

SECRET DOORS

Already one week since the release of Might & Magic X: Legacy. We saw on the forums that some of you have already finished the game. Well done! We hope you enjoyed it :)

We also saw many questions pertaining to the secret doors found in the game. We hope this blog article will help clear things up.

HOW CAN I SPOT SECRET PASSAGES?

In order to spot secret doors, you either need to have cast the spellWhispering Shadows (Dark school) or to have “hired” Spike.

Once you obtain the Blessing of Malassa, you will always detect secret doors automatically. Note however that Spike also gives you a bonus when it comes to opening the passage! Good dog! –err, wolf.

HOW DO I KNOW THERE’S A SECRET PASSAGE NEARBY?

When your party notices a secret door, they will usually say something aloud (in the vein of “Huh? What is that?”). When you get to the tile adjacent to the secret door, one of the following symbols will appear:

1. EYE OF MALASSA

magic.jpg

“There seems to be a magical barrier masking a passage…”

An illusion spell was cast here. A character with a high score in the Magicattribute might have a chance to dispel it.

2. CRACK IN WALL

might.jpg

“There seems to be a walled up passage…”

Brute force is the key here. Pick a character with a high score in Might and he might be able to bring down the wall.

3. COGS

perception.jpg

“A faint draft indicates a secret passage…”

Some hidden mechanism can open this door. A character with a high score in Perception might be able to find and activate it.

Happy adventuring!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Anyone have a guide over what each hired NPC does? Not where they can be located, but what they do exactly. So I can make informed choices when I encounter them.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Hımmm, I found many secrets without help from Spike or dark spell.

See? I keep reading stuff like this and I don't understand it. Why are some people saying they can find secrets without either of these two things?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hımmm, I found many secrets without help from Spike or dark spell.

See? I keep reading stuff like this and I don't understand it. Why are some people saying they can find secrets without either of these two things?

I was thinking that finding them tied to some stat before reading that post. For example I remember where the secret door is in Spider Cavern but my party coulnd't able to find it at first,after gaining a level and pumping up some attributes I returned and found it this time but noone was able to open it.
It was a crack and I thought I need higher perception to open it but seems like I was lacking STR...

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are there any dungeons with traps that aren't 'puzzle' dungeons? I've only noticed them in the Tower of Enigma and a few crypts so far, and Clairvoyance completely removes the 'puzzle' element from those rooms (thank fuck, because otherwise each trap-room would mean hundreds of visits to the loadscreen). I prefer the 'trap-at-the-end-of-the-passage-lol-ur-ded'-style traps in ordinary dungeons.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Why are some people saying they can find secrets without either of these two things?
You can find it without the spell. But when you have the spell on your characters give a warning when they are in the vicinity of a secret.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Why are some people saying they can find secrets without either of these two things?
You can find it without the spell. But when you have the spell on your characters give a warning when they are in the vicinity of a secret.

So then how do you "find" it? Stand in front of it for a second until the requisite overlay (gears/crack/circle thingy) appears?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom