Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's the trick with the wooden looking pedestal in Vigil that nearly instakills on touch? There's a small chest at the other end of it and I'm kinda curious what needs to be so well guarded even though there's probably nothing I would really need anymore.

That was probably my favorite 'puzzle' in the game. Simple and clever, cracked a smile on my face.

Basically: look carefully about the room. The hint will be right in front of you.

Well motherfuck. :lol:

Sure am glad I did turn back to check it out.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Lol goddamn it.
To be honest I'm not sure if you can find secrets without the spell or a follower that provides it passively, I just assume you can. I walk with it on p. much all the time.

For example I remember where the secret door is in Spider Cavern but my party coulnd't able to find it at first,after gaining a level and pumping up some attributes I returned and found it this time but noone was able to open it.
It was a crack and I thought I need higher perception to open it but seems like I was lacking STR...
Did you turn in the spider lair quest and get the follow-up quest before you returned?

Arkeus

Arcane
Is it me or does air magic damage suck balls? I'm doing lots of damage with my fire mage, but shaman with air magic on expert gets his spells resisted 60% of the time and if he hits, he does like 30% of damage compared to fire magic. Entangle does more damage than his lightning bolts.
Air magic is resisted by a LOT of enemies- It does make a shitload of damage when it's not resisted though, and when you get expert/master/grandmaster you thus see a ridiculous spike in damage because of the penetration.

Oh, and Cyclone/Chain lightning or ridiculously OP.

Btw, i just got Air grandmastery- where can i buy the last Air spell?

Is it me or does air magic damage suck balls? I'm doing lots of damage with my fire mage, but shaman with air magic on expert gets his spells resisted 60% of the time and if he hits, he does like 30% of damage compared to fire magic. Entangle does more damage than his lightning bolts.
Air magic is resisted by a LOT of enemies- It does make a shitload of damage when it's not resisted though, and when you get expert/master/grandmaster you thus see a ridiculous spike in damage because of the penetration.

Oh, and Cyclone/Chain lightning or ridiculously OP.

Btw, i just got Air grandmastery- where can i buy the last Air spell?
I've ran all over the world and couldn't find it. It's pretty frustrating.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
For example I remember where the secret door is in Spider Cavern but my party coulnd't able to find it at first,after gaining a level and pumping up some attributes I returned and found it this time but noone was able to open it.
It was a crack and I thought I need higher perception to open it but seems like I was lacking STR...
Did you turn in the spider lair quest and get the follow-up quest before you returned?

Yeah, I returned there while I was on lighthouse quest. Funny thing is my first party (which had a scout with high perception) found it the second I got near it.

bonescraper

:rage:

Those air elementals in Elemental Forge are fucking unkillable. I can't even get close to them, they one shot half of my party from distance. And i'm pretty sure i should get the air blessing at this point. Halp.

Zeriel

Arcane
:rage:

Those air elementals in Elemental Forge are fucking unkillable. I can't even get close to them, they one shot half of my party from distance. And i'm pretty sure i should get the air blessing at this point. Halp.

Move towards them until they aggro and then immediately move back around the corner. Done properly they should never be close enough to cast on you until they are in melee range at the corner.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
LbLKdRI.png

TigerKnee

Arcane
Didn't we had a topic about how "balance" was evil in RPGs and now in this topic we have people complaining that some classes/builds/spells are underpowered/overpowered compared to others? How ironic.

I just finished the Elemental Forge (killing the earth elemental boss) and now I took the horse to SeaHaven and GOD the difficulty just spiked like crazy (on Warrior). What's the easiest thing I can do right now, because all the Orcs on the way to the west are kicking my ass and there's a bunch of Dark Magic cultists on the other side that is also killing my unoptimized team.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Didn't we had a topic about how "balance" was evil in RPGs and now in this topic we have people complaining that some classes/builds/spells are underpowered/overpowered compared to others? How ironic.

People on the RPG Codex have always complained about poor balance in RPGs. It's just that their hatred for The Sawyer (and The Roguey) overshone their desire for gameplay balance.

I just finished the Elemental Forge (killing the earth elemental boss) and now I took the horse to SeaHaven and GOD the difficulty just spiked like crazy (on Warrior). What's the easiest thing I can do right now, because all the Orcs on the way to the west are kicking my ass and there's a bunch of Dark Magic cultists on the other side that is also killing my unoptimized team.

About the same thing happened to me. I couldn't go anywhere (note to self: don't level Arcane Discipline)
I had to start all over with a new party, and the difference is gigantic. I'm having a MUCH easier time now.

Zeriel

Arcane

People on the RPG Codex have always complained about poor balance in RPGs. It's just that their hatred for The Sawyer (and The Roguey) overshone their desire for gameplay balance.

I'm actually inclined to agree with TigerKnee that the misleading quest for "balance" inevitably leads to boring games. This doesn't mean you shouldn't try to offer multiple viable ways to optimize, but game designers tend to like balance solutions that make games unfun, at least by my notion of fun.

TigerKnee

Check out Yon'chall forest mostly, and the little river/forest road area leading to it. Manticores, minotaurs, earth elementals, should all be doable at that stage. Avoid the Blackfang group in the forest, they are for a much higher level quest. Lost City level 1-2 should be fairly trivial for you, and is a good XP/gold mine.

Talking to Kilburn should also net one to two levels.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Lost City level 1-2 should be fairly trivial for you, and is a good XP/gold mine.
Lost City is inside the town of Seahaven, isn't it? I can't seem to find the entrance to the place though... I see it on the Map itself but I have no idea what I'm missing because I can't seem to get in (unless I have to trigger something else first)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Lost City is past the cartographer's tower, north-east I think. It's in a cave. There are alternative entrances but those can only be entered once leaving through them.

Themadcow

Augur
I'm actually inclined to agree with TigerKnee that the misleading quest for "balance" inevitably leads to boring games. This doesn't mean you shouldn't try to offer multiple viable ways to optimize, but game designers tend to like balance solutions that make games unfun, at least by my notion of fun.

Damn straight. Strict balancing is for online multiplayer games where it's actually vaguely important.

That's not to say that classes / races / skills shouldn't be so over or underpowered that they either trivialise the game (e.g. Skyrim, Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2) or make those combinations redundant, but a little bit of imbalance just adds huge amounts of replay value in my books.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Lost City level 1-2 should be fairly trivial for you, and is a good XP/gold mine.
Lost City is inside the town of Seahaven, isn't it? I can't seem to find the entrance to the place though... I see it on the Map itself but I have no idea what I'm missing because I can't seem to get in (unless I have to trigger something else first)
You enter it through somewhere else the first time around. You do eventually get to a passage that opens that seahaven entrance, that it shows on the map before that is probably just a limitation of their map and confused me too.

I don't think anyone is really complaining about anything but the 2 classes designed for the fundamentally broken mechanic of ranged attacks. The rest of the classes and skills have huge power disparities but at least the game is playable with them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom