Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Exiting the game completely and then reloading worked for me.

Yeah, that's was the only solution for me too.

I'd have turned off the sound completely, because of the music and the incredibly annoying repetitive barks infused with typical German humour (Who forgot to take a bath?) if it wasn't for the fact that you need the audio cues to find secrets.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So, i found a vendor of Expert Water spells...they are in The Crag, basically making Water magic shit, since it will take you a fairly long time to reach the city.

You can get to Crag right after crossing the Seahaven bridge, there are three or four tough-ish orc fights in the Desolate Wilds but they're doable.

Anyway, I didn't find water spells all that useful althoughh Tsunami sounds incredibly good.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Agreed with the crap humor. Same with Drakensang. Same with X Rebirth. It's like these german game developers desperately try to be funny. And so it sounds.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyway, I didn't find water spells all that useful althoughh Tsunami sounds incredibly good.

Tsunami felt more or less just a gust of wind with buffed damage; and maybe I used it wrong, but more often than not the enemies resisted it. Blizzard felt much more useful despite doing less damage.

imweasel

Agreed with the crap humor. Same with Drakensang. Same with X Rebirth. It's like these german game developers desperately try to be funny. And so it sounds.
Must be French humor, because the writing was done by a French guy.

Arkeus

Arcane
Tsunami felt more or less just a gust of wind with buffed damage; and maybe I used it wrong, but more often than not the enemies resisted it. Blizzard felt much more useful despite doing less damage.
Not just buffed damage- it's AOE, and it's 2 case, not one. This is means that you can easily use it with the last character, and then you gain one round to buff/heal.

Or, if you play a ranged party, you can then use frozen ground/whatever.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Did anyone else get all the Obelisks and find the treasure? Talk about disappointment after all that trouble.

Yeah, I expected a bit more, alhtough

a 1h relic sword isn't exactly bad. It's just that all those high-level weapons rely on dem magical dmg effect that are inexplicably piddling when compared to the physical damage of the weapon itself. I mean "19 fire damage to the group of mobs"? Wow, much whopping, so gamechanger.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Does wearing armor affect negatively to dodge skill? I remember something like that in MM7.

In other words, should I put points into medium armor with my Blademaster?

Arkeus

Arcane
Does wearing armor affect negatively to dodge skill? I remember something like that in MM7.

In other words, should I put points into medium armor with my Blademaster?
Medium armor only affect Attack Values.
There is, however a relic light armor that's dodge/dagger-focused

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyone knows where all the shrines are, and knows the days/etc?

Elrath - near Portmeyron, Ylath - west coast mountains, Malassa - eastern mountains, Sylanna - the jungle, Arkath - Desolate Wilds, Shalassa - southern coast, Asha - near the Enigma Tower.

Days go like this - Ashda, Malda, Elda, Arda, Sylada, Shalda, Ylda.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Did anyone else get all the Obelisks and find the treasure? Talk about disappointment after all that trouble.

Yeah, I expected a bit more, alhtough

a 1h relic sword isn't exactly bad. It's just that all those high-level weapons rely on dem magical dmg effect that are inexplicably piddling when compared to the physical damage of the weapon itself. I mean "19 fire damage to the group of mobs"? Wow, much whopping, so gamechanger.

It's an ok-ish sword, but there are much better ones that are easier and faster to obtain, like the relic sword I talked about earlier (+9 damage of all magical types, same base damage as the Obelisk weapon). I was hoping for it to be a whole bunch of stuff, not just one relic. And only a just ok one. Meh.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
French eurotrash vs. German eurotrash. Which is better and why?
Eh, Limbic Entertainment are a German studio, too. Julien Pirou and Erwan Le Breton are French (as is the publisher, Ubisoft), but the actual dev team is based in Germany (and the art team is Chinese).

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Hahah wtf great post, I would bro-fist this post alas I do not know how…fucking hilarious

You can only brofist after a year has passed from the sign-up date (or you can donate to the Codex to skip the waiting time). Also, there is another user that already uses your avatar.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I've finished Act I and it seems that most of the problems which made me hate beta were fixed. The movement between tiles is fluid and swift, the day and night cycle is not insane, the potions are now in place, the balance between dungeon crawling and backtracking for supplies seems alright, monsters were re-balanced, and the loot... the loot still kinda sucks in it's modern diablo-like approach, guess you can't have everything.
So I am clearing dungeons, distributing skillpoints, and I even want to see other acts. So I guess game's good?

It does feel like a blobber-light however. The dungeons stretch just enough you won't get lost, the puzzles can't even stand for their name (the 3-switches type, mostly) and having a lot of potions can solve many of supposed tactical challenges.
Compared to this game, the "light" Might&Magic VI with it's first spider dungeon with carnival of poison and death would probably feel "hardcore".

But I've just started and playing on normal, so maybe youknownothingjohnsnow.

For a turn-based RPG with tiles it still seems prone to strange sudden lags when you walk outside of dungeons, and the loading times do seem off.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Druid vs Shaman, which is better and why?

Discuss!!!

I'm particularly interested in hearing about someone who's run with both, either in the same or different parties. And I'm particularly thinking about it in a party that already has a Freemage as well, so Druid getting Prime and Shaman getting Fire is irrelevant since the Freemage could just pick up whichever one is unavailable otherwise.

Dyskolos

Cipher
I know I'm neurotic, but the only detail really spoiling things for me at this point is the ambient noises in town. I can take performance chugs and turbine tunnel fan noises, but I just can't deal with the snorting, snoring, belching, farting, cackling, and other body functions replaying every five seconds as I try to buy more potions and find trainers.

Yeah I know there's an off setting - and I'm using it - but it makes the world feel dead.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I'm just at the beginning but having a druid with renegerate/stoneskin in party feels like cheating.
It's probably first RPG ever where Earth element in magic does not suck. I like other spells a lot too (entangle and poison spray I have so far).
My other spellcasters in party are Crusader (Light) and Freemage (Dark, Air, Primal).

Last edited:

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Me too, deffy, me too.

I have a weird sort of bug. Combat music continues even though combat has ended (I'm able to save, sleep, etc.), and voice lines from both characters and npcs are cut short after a few words. Anybody know a solution?

Turning off the sound is only solution. I play HoMM 2-3 soundtracks background instead of them:)
BTW even after turning music off some combat encounter will continue to play that track, really annoying bug we have there...

The music is terribad, anyway, but for me some rooms start the background music even with all volumes set at 0 (entering the shadow dragon's 'dangerous cave' started the fight music at full volume, and then started playing general bgm after leaving every time. Had to quit to desktop to stop it.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom