Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No, he's trying to troll.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I know.

While we're on the subject, though, not even the extremely lame "but Steam ______" defense works for Ubisoft. They distribute their games on Steam, yet their Steam releases also require UPlay—which, by all reports, is a severe pain in the ass and suffers from authentication, stability, and connectivity issues.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not happy about full TB. I liked being able to mow down trash mobs in 6/7. Will buy anyway.

Stabwound

Arcane
The thing is MM3-5 didn't really even have trash mobs like 6/7 does. I haven't played 1-2 but I know they have them from what I've heard.

The difference is 6/7 did things like throw 200 goblins at you at a time, which is annoying as hell. It becomes a FPS almost. In MM3-5, there are weaker mobs, but they are in much lower numbers. Instead of 200 goblins you get 20. I hated the trash mob shit in MM6.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
The thing is MM3-5 didn't really even have trash mobs like 6/7 does. I haven't played 1-2 but I know they have them from what I've heard.

The difference is 6/7 did things like throw 200 goblins at you at a time, which is annoying as hell. It becomes a FPS almost. In MM3-5, there are weaker mobs, but they are in much lower numbers. Instead of 200 goblins you get 20. I hated the trash mob shit in MM6.

I hated it too, but at least you can avoid it unlike MM3-5 where you're locked into combat.

The reference to Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land was a huge incline for me. I really liked that game, years ago.

Otherwise, this guy seems pretty knowledgeable - about the series and about its fans. I can allow myself to be a little optimistic after this interview.

Zeriel

Arcane
The reference to Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land was a huge incline for me. I really liked that game, years ago.

Otherwise, this guy seems pretty knowledgeable - about the series and about its fans. I can allow myself to be a little optimistic after this interview.

Well, he was just a fan before he got hired.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
In gameplay videos portraits seem static. I hope they implent different condition portraits and conversations for our party/NPCs.
I really love playing with "mad" charaters and game wont be charming as previous ones if shopkeepers call us "Cheapskates" after we leave shop without buying anything :)

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
I'm still just astonished that Ubisoft gave the go-ahead to a game of this type in 2013. It would be like EA putting out an Infocom text adventure.

Probably because Grimrock and the KS craze proved there's an audience and a profit to be made from these type of games.
You did not read the info about MMIX carfully enough, it was in development before the Grimrock's success.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
You did not read the info about MMIX carfully enough, it was in development before the Grimrock's success.
True that! Hell the game was even released 10 years before Grimrock's success!

Themadcow

Augur
I'm trying really hard to find a weakness in the stuff they're saying and, god damn it, I just can't. Even the reference to short-ish playtime actually isn't a bad thing for me anymore now that I'm married in my mid 30's and don't have time to play most of the games I play to completion unless they're on handheld or mobile.

Massive brownie points for the reference to Wiz:TotFL. If he's played and appreciated that game then I trust that his brain is wired the right way for this project.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Zizek is a total BRO :smug:

And he looks like a hobo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom