Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
J_C Your friend Matt should interview these guys.
I don't know, these guys making the game basicly work under Ubisoft. I don't think they have permission to just make an interview on Youtube.

But they have permission to be interviewed by the Codex? It's worth a try I think.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW, where is the Cleve episode? Saving it for episode 200 or something?
Ask Matt.

Seriously, asking him all the time is starting to get a little unconfortable. It's like we think he is the Codex private interviewer.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Neat, although most answers are already known from previous interviews.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Let's not get too excited about it, the chance of it being shit is still far greater than it being good, cautiously optimistic as it stands.

The most hardcore game these guys have done in 10 years was a shitty HMM expansion.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, Ubisoft DRM haters!! http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...exploit-strips-drm-all-publishers-games.shtml

Ubisoft uPlay Launcher Exploit Strips DRM From All Publisher's Games

from the oopsie dept

Ubisoft's history of DRM use has been...interesting. One could nearly write an entire book on how to fail at DRM using nothing but examples from the company. DRM that allows hackers to takecontrol of gamers' machines. DRM punishing only paying customers when Ubisoft decides to move their servers. DRM that is, seriously, comprised of f$#%ing vuvuzelas. What you'll notice as a trend in these examples, however, is that at least Ubisoft was content to punish only their own customers or themselves, depending on the situation.

Not so, any longer. Their uPlay client for PCs was built so poorly that a simple tool developed by hackers can fool the client into thinking users already own copies of games, allowing for completely DRM-free versions of games from other publishers to be downloaded for free from their platform. As an apparent sign of solidarity by Ubisoft, they also managed to offer up their own unreleased game via the exploit as well.

The vulnerability is allegedly present in the uPlay launcher, which when exploited gives DRM free access to gaming titles from almost all game publishers including the likes of EA Games and Square Nix. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, which hasn’t been released yet, is lying on Ubisoft servers which hackers have downloaded. As a proof of the exploit, hackers even posted an 1 hour 30 mins long footage of the game.

Typically, when one does something over a long period of time, one gets better at it. Ubisoft appears to be an anomaly in this respect, going so far backwards on the practice of DRM that even their own client software can strip it out with but a little assistance from hackers. Nevermind how stupid and useless DRM is to begin with; now publishers can't even trust the software that is supposed to deliver it. With enemies of DRM hidden everywhere, even in inanimate software, perhaps it's time to give it up entirely.

That's right, uPlay is now a DRM removal tool. :lol:

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
ROFFL!!!!!! SELFPWN AT ITS BEST!!! :p

ps: now looking for the video of fc3:blood dragon...

Luzur

Good Sir
Hey, Ubisoft DRM haters!! http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...exploit-strips-drm-all-publishers-games.shtml

Ubisoft uPlay Launcher Exploit Strips DRM From All Publisher's Games

from the oopsie dept

Ubisoft's history of DRM use has been...interesting. One could nearly write an entire book on how to fail at DRM using nothing but examples from the company. DRM that allows hackers to takecontrol of gamers' machines. DRM punishing only paying customers when Ubisoft decides to move their servers. DRM that is, seriously, comprised of f$#%ing vuvuzelas. What you'll notice as a trend in these examples, however, is that at least Ubisoft was content to punish only their own customers or themselves, depending on the situation.

Not so, any longer. Their uPlay client for PCs was built so poorly that a simple tool developed by hackers can fool the client into thinking users already own copies of games, allowing for completely DRM-free versions of games from other publishers to be downloaded for free from their platform. As an apparent sign of solidarity by Ubisoft, they also managed to offer up their own unreleased game via the exploit as well.

The vulnerability is allegedly present in the uPlay launcher, which when exploited gives DRM free access to gaming titles from almost all game publishers including the likes of EA Games and Square Nix. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, which hasn’t been released yet, is lying on Ubisoft servers which hackers have downloaded. As a proof of the exploit, hackers even posted an 1 hour 30 mins long footage of the game.

Typically, when one does something over a long period of time, one gets better at it. Ubisoft appears to be an anomaly in this respect, going so far backwards on the practice of DRM that even their own client software can strip it out with but a little assistance from hackers. Nevermind how stupid and useless DRM is to begin with; now publishers can't even trust the software that is supposed to deliver it. With enemies of DRM hidden everywhere, even in inanimate software, perhaps it's time to give it up entirely.

That's right, uPlay is now a DRM removal tool. :lol:

keep on fighting the good fight, Ubisoft.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, which hasn’t been released yet, is lying on Ubisoft servers which hackers have downloaded. As a proof of the exploit, hackers even posted an 1 hour 30 mins long footage of the game.
Fuck you Ubisoft. Couldn't you have put an early alpha of MMX instead of this shit?

Luzur

Good Sir
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, which hasn’t been released yet, is lying on Ubisoft servers which hackers have downloaded. As a proof of the exploit, hackers even posted an 1 hour 30 mins long footage of the game.
Fuck you Ubisoft. Couldn't you have put an early alpha of MMX instead of this shit?

yeah its never the good stuff the hackers find on open servers.

Zeriel

Arcane
Well, Blood Dragon is on the servers because it's ready for release. They wouldn't put an alpha on their distribution servers.​

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Ubisoft is schizophrenic: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=european-daily

"On one end of the spectrum you will have all the big, AAA blockbuster games that [offer] more and more production values, more value for the players, but there will be fewer of them taking a bigger chunk of the market," Mallat said.

On the other end of the spectrum, the developer said mobile initiatives, tablets, and Facebook will continue to bring in new customers to the gaming industry. The problem is with what falls in the middle of the spectrum.

"The in-between, the belly of the market, is the one that just collapsed in a way and disappeared," Mallat said. "Meaning there is no room for B-games, if I should say so, which proves the point of quality. I think that companies that put quality and consumer value as a primary focus, as we've been doing at Ubisoft, will enjoy great success."

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Might & Magic X must be a facebook game then. You won't need to go to the trainer to level up, you'll need 10 like.

Zeriel

Arcane
Tying budget to quality is a kind of horrifying stance to take. Small independent films are all garbage artistically because they cost less to produce. :retarded:

escom

Learned
zoom-might-and-magic-x-legacy-ME3050129637_2.jpg

Previous pictures in higher resolution here: http://www.gamekult.com/actu/zoom-might-and-magic-x-legacy-A108359.html

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom