Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Zeriel

Arcane
Are we forgetting the storyline of 6? 7?

"LOL WELKUM 2 CASTLE CONTEST, FIND SOME STUFF ON THIS PARTY ISLAND AND YOU GET A CASTLE FOR FREE. :))))"

I wish people who never liked Might & Magic would stop using X as an excuse to bitch about the series.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Anybody know who's the voice actor telling the story in that intro? She sounds very familiar.

She sounded a lot like the new Tomb Raider voice actress Camilla Luddington, but I dunno if it was her. Fairly generic British female voice, though nice on the ears.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Agreed. Limbic if you're reading this, you should be ashamed about how shitty your story is, at least from what's been presented so far.

I suspect Pirou is responsible for the game's story, not Limbic.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't have an issue with bland skippable cutscenes and uninteresting lore dumps in dialogue, but I fucking hate that narrator bitch's guts and want to puke in rage every time her head manifests on the screen to derp on about my party of goalless mooks.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, the potions are way too good. I'd prefer the 6-8 model where the limiting factor is you just can't get very many to the alternative of them not doing much.

Nael

Arcane

eza8utez.jpg

I got into video gaming quite accidentally – In 1995 I was working as a lube tech at local Ford dealership to make ends meet

I'm in love.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Anybody know who's the voice actor telling the story in that intro? She sounds very familiar.

She sounded a lot like the new Tomb Raider voice actress Camilla Luddington, but I dunno if it was her. Fairly generic British female voice, though nice on the ears.

Nice on the ears? Come on. She might be ok for, dunno, discussing details of a professional hit job. But she's NOT fine for recounting supposedly epic wars of the previous generation.

sser

Arcane
Developer
It will still only use Uplay right?

Well, I have it on Steam but it loads UPlay to launch it. UPlay itself isn't much of a hindrance in my experience with digital maleficence unless you've had a seance with EA's incompetence, you get what I'm sayin' but lemme express my tolerance for the GabeNTZ whom gets clemence with no Y though he gives my wallet no forbearance cause I can't avoid the summer clearance.

Zeriel

Arcane
I can also confirm you absolutely do not have to be online to run it/Uplay. In fact, the one time I ran it offline, it loaded up much quicker than when I have my network cable plugged in.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can also confirm you absolutely do not have to be online to run it/Uplay. In fact, the one time I ran it offline, it loaded up much quicker than when I have my network cable plugged in.

Oh? That's interesting, because according to the devs, you have to be online when you activate the game.

Nael

Arcane

Oh? That's interesting, because according to the devs, you have to be online when you activate the game.

When you activate it as in provide the activation key but after that you can be offline.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member

When you activate it as in provide the activation key but after that you can be offline.

I'm pretty sure they said it was "every time you run it". Glad they were wrong.

Zeriel

Arcane

It was always "activate once, then offline whenever". It's even in the Codex interview you yourself posted, heh. If anything was said to the contrary, it was just third party idiots misinterpreting them.

Meet the Ancients: Phelan Sykes
I'm sure she loves being called ancient.
I mean, 'meet the legends' or something, fine, whatever... but ancients?

It's a reference to the sci-fi world-creators from M&M, dude.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Dude, haven't you read my Gamescom article? FOR SHAME

You'll be able to level them up so they follow your progression, kind of.” His thoughts seem to wander off, and his smile turns into a grin: “and don't worry, you don't have to be online for that to work,” he comments, obviously referring to the Always Online controversy surrounding the relics of Might & Magic Heroes VI.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9123

Wait... you edited it for crying out loud :lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Grunker I wasn't talking about always online. I was talking about having to be online each time you run the game, or each time you run Uplay. Ie, you can disconnect after the game has started.

poetic codex

Augur
Wait a second, wasn't there a fan project of Might and Magic X that was in development for years ? What happened to that? Did Ubisoft back them or (as is more likely) did Ubisoft mercilessly shut down the fan project to make way for this?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Wait a second, wasn't there a fan project of Might and Magic X that was in development for years ? What happened to that? Did Ubisoft back them or (as is more likely) did Ubisoft mercilessly shut down the fan project to make way for this?

They didn't shut them down. They made a deal - the project continues, but without the name "Might & Magic X". It's just "Children of the Void" now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom