Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

narupley

Scholar
Some Guy said:
I just read the Codex preview. They say "it doesn't horribly suck hard" -- considering the source that's rather positive.

sser

Arcane
Developer
How does the game run for everyone? It looked and ran like shit for me. Was fun, though.

Arkeus

Arcane
There is a really annoying bug when you identify stuff, but apart from that it runs fine for me.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
feedback4.jpg

:lol:

Where's this from?:lol:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How does the game run for everyone? It looked and ran like shit for me. Was fun, though.

Game runs just fine for me on all settings max except shadows. I also really dig the art style, but the game is pretty fugly on a technical level right now. Shadows are often just "boxes" that cut off jarringly between grids. Some shadows follow their structure, others are just big squares. The end result is a pretty ugly game.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I put the shadows on low and it looked like someone took the smudge tool to the whole game. Game looked like it was back in 2004. With shadows off, it looked better, but not by much.

One feature I didn't care for is weapon breaking. There doesn't seem to be any way to know when it's going to happen. Furthermore, dual-weapons break together instead of separately...

Nael

Arcane
I put the shadows on low and it looked like someone took the smudge tool to the whole game. Game looked like it was back in 2004. With shadows off, it looked better, but not by much.

One feature I didn't care for is weapon breaking. There doesn't seem to be any way to know when it's going to happen. Furthermore, dual-weapons break together instead of separately...

Both things you mentioned the devs have publicly said they were working on fixing for the final release version.

Zeriel

Arcane
That post makes me appreciate Sorpigal a hell of a lot more. I was wondering why the houses were all white-washed and quite atypical of the HERE'S A MEDIEVAL HELLSCAPE theme they had going incessantly in Heroes 6 & Ashan in general.

warmonger3

Scholar
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Anyone patch? I found it unplayable. Hot keys are broken, spells are borked.
I didn't play far enough to see the other changes/bugs added. I find it allot of fun though and I'm glad I payed for the preview.:love:

Zeriel

Arcane
There are a slew of new bugs, yeah. I'd reccomend waiting for a few more patches if you just want to play it to have fun. My guess is it'll be release-quality somewhere in December or thereabouts.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
blablabla nobles houses blablabla fantasy city names blablabla ancient evils and angels blablabla trade routes blablabla

I hated that intro since the first time I saw it. It's like a Star Wars prequel in the way it tries to mesh politics and epic fantasy adventure in order to make both dull.

Banal, shit, boring. Fortunately, I don't really give a toss about the story of an M&M game, and the gameplay rocks so far :thumbsup:

Last edited:

narupley

Scholar
blablabla nobles houses blablabla fantasy city names blablabla ancient evils and angels blablabla trade routes blablabla

I hated that intro since the first time I saw it. It's like a Star Wars prequel in the way it tries to mesh politics and epic fantasy adventure in order to make both dull.

Banal, shit, boring. Fortunately, I don't really give a toss about the story of an M&M game, and the gameplay rocks so far :thumbsup:

Agreed. Limbic if you're reading this, you should be ashamed about how shitty your story is, at least from what's been presented so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom