Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Monster Hunter Wilds (aka MH6) - speculations, launches early 2025

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
w8p97z.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah seems like mh6 will be multiplatform with switch 2. Slight downgrade compared to MHW on weapon detail. Either that or they again have issues with textures like on MHW release:

image.png

Perkel

Arcane
Focus mode attack don't seem to be limited by any resource. They look more like expansion of main moveset than special attacks like in XX or rise. I am guessing you will be pressing a button that will work as modifier and you will get other attacks on each button or something.

Also tenderization is back but without clutch claw or any other bullshit.
Scountflies and slinger are back.

Perkel

Arcane
They will be uploading new weapon video each day.
I guess marketing is starting.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Surprised they released the focus mode video as is. Those hitboxes look TERRIBLE. I know it's something easily fixed but still, surely they could have done another attempt or two and found a swing where the sword actually fucking touched the monster? Skipped the basic mechanics video, the sword one was a bit less janky; still confused about that monster holding it's mouth open. Is it going to do that for SnS blocking too? That would look awfully silly.

Not a fan of glowing monster parts with focus mode, especially if it's important to use for the best attacks. Also, we already had hitting wounded spots does more damage in the very first MH, it's called breaking a part. Doing it more gradually doesn't fill me with excitement.

Only thing I really liked there was the counterattack on the GS. I like counter attacks.

Never mind I didn't see it right the first time. Just another impossible to land charge attack. Yawn.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I´m not hiding, planning to play GunLance.

If it sucks I can always go back to my trusty Switch Axe.
I used to be Charge Blade main, but too old now.

Old Bald Bad

Literate
I watched 20 minutes of the Gamescom stream on day 3. During the short time I watched, the demo crashed twice.
The game is terrible on PS5: 30 fps, motion blur, and bad anti-aliasing. I hope it won’t be poorly optimized like Dragon’s Dogma 2.

Cogemesiter

Novice
I hate tenderizing monsters, I hope Wilds makes it less tedious and annoying.
I hope the optimization is good, it doesn’t need to look better than Worlds.
Lastly, wtf is with LBG? Where does it even shine? HBG is better in basically every single way and the normal bow feels quicker.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Light Bowgun has rapid fire, much improved rapid fire this time, from the looks of it. It's actually more of a three round burst instead of a spaced-out BAM-BAM-BAM! that animation-locks you. It also has it's own version of Wyvernheart as a special ammo option, in addition to the usual Wyvernblast mines. It also has support/healing ammo.

I get what you mean though. It's niches don't feel as noticeable or powerful as the other ranged weapon options, or compared to the melee weapons for that matter. I wish they would just give it the same number of mod slots as the Heavy version, they pretend that one less slot is some kind of balancing factor in exchange for whatever super powerful "thing" the LBG brings to the table. I'm not sure what they think that "thing" is... being able to dodge all over the place is that strong? The only reason I tried LBG in Iceborne was because I wanted to make a build based around the frankly overpowered special ammo from the PS4-exclusive Horizon Zero Dawn bowgun. I can't imagine having fun using a normal LBG for anything other than the healing ammo.

Vorark

Erudite
Release date: 28 Feb, 2025

System Requirements

Minimum:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-10600 or Intel® Core™ i3-12100F or AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Super(VRAM 6GB) or AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 XT(VRAM 6GB)
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Additional Notes: SSD required. This game is expected to run at 1080p (upscaled from 720 native resolution) / 30 fps under the "Lowest" graphics setting. DirectStorage supported.

Recommended:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-11600K or Intel® Core™ i5-12400 or AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X or AMD Ryzen™ 5 5500
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 Super(VRAM 8GB) or NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 4060(VRAM 8GB) or AMD Radeon™ RX 6700XT(VRAM 12GB)
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Additional Notes: SSD required. This game is expected to run at 1080p / 60 fps (with Frame Generation enabled) under the "Medium" graphics setting. DirectStorage supported.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
What an odd design for a flagship. Flying Wyvern (of the Tigrex/Barioth type) with Zinogre-like body plating, fur, thick curling claws at the end of it's wings, and stone-chain-bludgeons in place of a wing membrane? That's not to mention the helmet-horns and primate-like teeth. It seems to have some kind of power coursing through its body, but whether it's Thunder, Dragon or a whole unique element all to itself like Maganamalo remains to be seen.

I'm gonna have to grok it in fullness before I can even form an opinion on it. Rest of the trailer was great, but I can't help but laugh at the little Palestinian-looking brat.

"I'll...I'll...." You'll what? Nab my greatsword and hunt the damn thing yourself? You got a death wish? Or just thick? Stay in school kid!

Perkel

Arcane
Also those recommended specs are for 1080p (sic!) and it assumes Frame Generation for those 60fps so without FG maybe 30fps.
So yeah. Expect another DD2 situation.

4070 recommended is equivalent of 3080-3090.
RE engine seems to be completely shit in doing anything other than closed spaces.

Either way, i'm getting 5090 when it will come out due to my work so it's not like I will have issues but for fuck sake anyone with decent rig will be hit in ass. And game doesn't look better than MHW which came out in 2018.

I don't know how they will be able to shove it on Switch 2 but i expect dozen frames per second not dozens lol.

Perkel

Arcane

I know this sound weird but it makes sense.

MH is huge hitter right now able to go toe to toe with biggest brands. Releasing game in march 2025 is much worse than releasing it in december 2025. And it's not huge difference months wise so it would make logical sense to hire extra people do some crunching etc. for much better spot.

Obviously in the end it all depends on state of the game but it's not like Capcom never released MH too early. MH Rise was released without game ending which was patched in like two months later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom