Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mortal: The Simulation Video Game

JessAlias

Literate
He could be using AI art to create a CYOA. I know of another series that does this, the eldrum books.
Obviously the PC is playing a CYOA in the game, because it's simply that immersive. That's why they're holding a book.

I vote for JOOSNAS for Character. Then:
> Combine Telk with Candia in Invelltions.

Last edited:

RPK

Scholar
HHrUgt0.jpeg

A2myxDr.jpeg

iiL5Gvk.jpeg
OK, out of the spirit of morbid curiosity I just have to ask, what is this supposed to show besides the fact that you asked an AI to generate fake screenshots of a CRPG? I can go and load up DALL-E and ask it to do the exact same thing, but all that shows is that I can string a prompt together. Unless this is forbidden knowledge covered by your secret NDA.
It's about attention.

JessAlias

Literate
OK, out of the spirit of morbid curiosity I just have to ask, what is this supposed to show besides the fact that you asked an AI to generate fake screenshots of a CRPG? I can go and load up DALL-E and ask it to do the exact same thing, but all that shows is that I can string a prompt together. Unless this is forbidden knowledge covered by your secret NDA.
It's about attention.
Oh I figured, but I wanted to see the tortured logic.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Games that look like that have 300 people working on it for 3+ years, each earning about $35,000 - $100,000 a year. And they still end up sucking. I agree with those who said make a book instead, preferably cyoa. And even that is ambitious.

JessAlias

Literate
Dear Developer Diary: Today I decided to descend from my mountaintop retreat to once again bestow my immense Roleplaying Game Wisdom upon the unwashed masses of the obscure website known as "RPGCodex." I am aware their tiny, feeble brains can scarcely comprehend the complexity of the best AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+ roleplaying game ever created, "Mortal: The Eldrum Books" (original name created entirely by me, do not steal), but I pity their unenlightened existences so much that I will grace them with two screenshots from my magnum opus.

These screenshots, of course, are entirely owned by me due to the loving care I put into hand-crafting the AI prompts. It took months of work! I will guard the sanctity of these two pictures against their grubby little paws with the help of my two expert lawyers: Mr. ChatGPT and Mr. Copilot.

I am sure the risk is acceptable. After presenting these screenshots from "Mortal: The Eldrum Books" (original name, definitely trademarked through my immense foresight) Microsoft will be investing countless millions of dollars to make my dream a reality.

Yours truly,
Gabriel Wankmeister, Esq.

MvqAkul.png

CDoEOTu.png

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
Games that look like that have 300 people working on it for 3+ years, each earning about $35,000 - $100,000 a year. And they still end up sucking. I agree with those who said make a book instead, preferably cyoa. And even that is ambitious.
You'd think this guy Gahbreeil would have gotten the memo by now, that he won't be able to make a AAAA game, but either hes a troll in to deep or he's delusional as fuck with a ego to match...

6daAO6t.gif

But I don't think if that the case we can knock any sense into that thick skull of his.

JessAlias

Literate
Dear Developer Diary: It is with a furrowed brow and trembling hands that I am forced to report the emergence of an imposter! This fellow dares to use the "Online User Name" of "Gahbreeil." By the Nine Hells of Baator! This is a clear attempt to mock my own most distinguished and storied of first names, which my mother most definitely bestowed upon me in honor of the Archangel Gabriel himself, as opposed to being something I selected on a whim and legally changed my name to. I make laughing sounds, like any normal person would produce, at such a ridiculous concept. Ha ha!

To add insult to injury, this """Gahbreeil""" fellow appears to have stolen my concepts for the greatest AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++ roleplaying game that shall ever exist, that being, "Mortal: The Eldrum Books." Of course his knock-off's title is far inferior to my own, being simply "Mortal: The Simulation Video Game." This title is an obvious sign that """""Gahbreeil""""" has no knowledge of how to properly rip off innovate creatively using ChatGPT and other media as inspiration.

To handle the shock and horror I am forced to endure, I have been brainstorming plot concepts by consulting with only the finest of Large Language Models. In the past I tried to solicit ideas from the rabble of humanity... That proved fruitless due to their unending selfishness in not giving over every concept they mention to me, in perpetuity, with myself owning all proceeds earned thereof. Now I have learned from that mistake. I only spend my time working with AI - for of course, only artificial intelligence can truly understand my greatness.

Yours truly,
Gabriel Wankmeister, Esq., MD, PhD
Expert Game Developer

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
Dear Developer Diary: It is with a furrowed brow and trembling hands that I am forced to report the emergence of an imposter! This fellow dares to use the "Online User Name" of "Gahbreeil." By the Nine Hells of Baator! This is a clear attempt to mock my own most distinguished and storied of first names, which my mother most definitely bestowed upon me in honor of the Archangel Gabriel himself, as opposed to being something I selected on a whim and legally changed my name to. I make laughing sounds, like any normal person would produce, at such a ridiculous concept. Ha ha!

To add insult to injury, this """Gahbreeil""" fellow appears to have stolen my concepts for the greatest AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++ roleplaying game that shall ever exist, that being, "Mortal: The Eldrum Books." Of course his knock-off's title is far inferior to my own, being simply "Mortal: The Simulation Video Game." This title is an obvious sign that """""Gahbreeil""""" has no knowledge of how to properly rip off innovate creatively using ChatGPT and other media as inspiration.

To handle the shock and horror I am forced to endure, I have been brainstorming plot concepts by consulting with only the finest of Large Language Models. In the past I tried to solicit ideas from the rabble of humanity... That proved fruitless due to their unending selfishness in not giving over every concept they mention to me, in perpetuity, with myself owning all proceeds earned thereof. Now I have learned from that mistake. I only spend my time working with AI - for of course, only artificial intelligence can truly understand my greatness.

Yours truly,
Expert Game Developer
This this is a real Expert Game Developer surly MS will contact you fine sir and your concepts for the greatest AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++ roleplaying game of all time shall be published...

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yours truly,
Expert Game Developer

I have more confidence in this project than the OP's. Where do I pledge?

JessAlias

Literate
Dear Developer Diary: In order to protect my intellectual property, I have started my own Limited Liability Corporation (LLC), entitled Keep Wanking Studios. Currently we have an impressive staff of four experienced game developers acting as the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Security Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Financial Officer, consisting of yours truly. I've also added on two front-line employees going by the monikers of "MarathonGuy1337" and "mediocrepoet" who have pledged their support, and also have most definitely agreed to donate both their funds and their time to support my game development efforts. To assist with their transferring of funds, I have set up a paypal.me: paypal.me/KeepWankingLLC. This is of course a binding agreement, as are all agreements made upon the Internet.

You may be wondering what the word 'Wanking' means. It is a word that I, in my infinite intellect, decided to coin to describe my unique game development style. While I am a writer without compare, I am not trained in programming. A person of lesser intellect would suggest that I learn how to program. This is complete foolishness and a waste of my talents. Instead, I spend every waking hour thinking intensely about "Mortal: The Eldrum Books," exploring every aspect of the video game's creation and development using the formidable powers of my quite gigantic brain. Being that my last name is Wankmeister, obviously, the only word that could be used to describe this activity is Wanking. I can safely say I have been Wanking every day for the last ten years.

Today's Wanking consisted of developing a movement system for "Mortal: The Eldrum Books," an aspect I plan to innovate hugely. As we are all aware, keyboards have "arrow keys." Admittedly, it is sensible to have a character move in the direction of these "arrow keys" when the buttons are pressed since they do correspond to the four cardinal directions. But I find it most inconvenient, for reasons I prefer not to discuss. In "Mortal: The Eldrum Books," the character will instead be controlled using the "W," "A," "S", and "D" keys. This revolutionary concept will make an impact on video game-playing for years to come.

I title this control scheme the Wank Movement System. I've already sent an email describing this system to Bill Gates of Microsoft, who I am sure will be very impressed.

Yours truly,
Gabriel Wankmeister, Esq., MD, PhD, CEO, CSO, COO, CFO
Founder of Keep Wanking Studios
Expert Game Developer

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer

Yours truly,
Expert Game Developer
This is weird you put so much effort into a shitpost

JessAlias

Literate

Yours truly,
Expert Game Developer
This is weird you put so much effort into a shitpost
It actually took me about five minutes to write up, it's pretty easy to be a pompous asshole.

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
Dear Developer Diary: In order to protect my intellectual property, I have started my own Limited Liability Corporation (LLC), entitled Keep Wanking Studios. Currently we have an impressive staff of four experienced game developers acting as the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Security Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Financial Officer, consisting of yours truly. I've also added on two front-line employees going by the monikers of "MarathonGuy1337" and "mediocrepoet" who have pledged their support, and also have most definitely agreed to donate both their funds and their time to support my game development efforts. To assist with their transferring of funds, I have set up a paypal.me: paypal.me/KeepWankingLLC. This is of course a binding agreement, as are all agreements made upon the Internet.

You may be wondering what the word 'Wanking' means. It is a word that I, in my infinite intellect, decided to coin to describe my unique game development style. While I am a writer without compare, I am not trained in programming. A person of lesser intellect would suggest that I learn how to program. This is complete foolishness and a waste of my talents. Instead, I spend every waking hour thinking intensely about "Mortal: The Eldrum Books," exploring every aspect of the video game's creation and development using the formidable powers of my quite gigantic brain. Being that my last name is Wankmeister, obviously, the only word that could be used to describe this activity is Wanking. I can safely say I have been Wanking every day for the last ten years.

Today's Wanking consisted of developing a movement system for "Mortal: The Eldrum Books," an aspect I plan to innovate hugely. As we are all aware, keyboards have "arrow keys." Admittedly, it is sensible to have a character move in the direction of these "arrow keys" when the buttons are pressed since they do correspond to the four cardinal directions. But I find it most inconvenient, for reasons I prefer not to discuss. In "Mortal: The Eldrum Books," the character will instead be controlled using the "W," "A," "S", and "D" keys. This revolutionary concept will make an impact on video game-playing for years to come.

I title this control scheme the Wank Movement System. I've already sent an email describing this system to Bill Gates of Microsoft, who I am sure will be very impressed.

Yours truly,
Expert Game Developer
I just knew this person and their game could be trusted, I mean imagine using the WASD key or the Wank Movement System will revolutionize gaming... it just sounds like something we should have been doing.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Yours truly,
Expert Game Developer
I just knew this person and their game could be trusted, I mean imagine using the WASD key or the Wank Movement System will revolutionize gaming... it just sounds like something we should have been doing.
mind blown.gif

Vatnik Wumao
I would like to point out that the wank movement system is most likely vaporware. Creating such a revolutionary technology requires people who can code.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't like when 3rd person cameras remove the scenery.
Well they don't. They merely obscure it. No scenery is actually harmed.*

*Destructible terrain pending implementation

JessAlias

Literate
Shit, yeah, man, I agree. The OP's design document is just a giant block of text. I got about a few lines in and my eyes glazed over.

Thankfully I bet he only spent like... 5 minutes writing that thing. So it's not like he wasted his time investment or anything. It's all probably just an elaborate shitpost. I have to give him dedication to adhering to his bit, though.

Vatnik Wumao
Shit, yeah, man, I agree. The OP's design document is just a giant block of text. I got about a few lines in and my eyes glazed over.

Thankfully I bet he only spent like... 5 minutes writing that thing. So it's not like he wasted his time investment or anything. It's all probably just an elaborate shitpost. I have to give him dedication to adhering to his bit, though.
It's not a shit post, OP actually wrote that novel he talks about. You can find it on amazon. The title is literally OP's name.

mediocrepoet

Patron

It's not a shit post, OP actually wrote that novel he talks about. You can find it on amazon. The title is literally OP's name.

The fact that he self published a word doc doesn't stop it from being a shitpost. It just means it's a really long one and a textbook example of tl;dr.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom