Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Hellraiser

Arcane
Yes, I noticed that nearly immediately. Anyway the AI clerics may have better aim, but overall I was the one with the most healing done so I guess I did contribute, even if all I did was just refresh the seal or how it's called and I never really did cast regenerate during boss fights or use divinity to heal. Overall though the bosses seem a bit too easy at this point apart from spawns chasing me, then again that may change as I level up. Or it could be because dodge is so useful, not sure what classes don't have that.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Best thing about this game so far is the Clerics dodge move. Smooth slide out of red circles.

I've tried the first two skirmishes and 1 pvp map (5v5, 3 point capture, forget what it was called). Pretty fun, but never really felt in danger of losing, do they get harder/more punishing?
Yes. I did a level 30-something dungeon called Lair of the mad dragon and said dragon was a p. hard fight. Infinite add spawns, red shit on the ground everywhere...wiped 4 times with the pug until everyone learned to focus adds, help the cleric and move out of red circles. Stuff is getting a lot harder now, last skirmish I did the enemy had a pbaoe that hit for 40% of my health...being melee is suffering.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, even solo the game has been making it clear that it will stop pulling its punches and fuck your shit up if you're careless.

One thing I find really interesting is that by far the biggest source of damage you face are the mook hordes. Everything hits surprisingly hard in Neverwinter, so getting rid of all the little bastards is first order of business.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yeah, it's specially annoying for rogues and our lack of decent aoe. I take less damage soloing a miniboss than fighting three normal guys.

Also I was leveling a guardian fighter and holy shit, they generate action points so fast.

Vaarna_Aarne

Wizards get a feat that generates them up to 5% of their total Action Points pool every time they crit (10 second cd). But I'd say it's really nice how the wizard can smart-tank mobs and enemies handily. Of course, it's exponentially easier against minibosses and bigger enemies, but there's plenty of big bad AoE to throw at things. I'll probably have to phase out Repel at some point though, seeing how it's not very conductive for teamwork, but goddamn it's a cool looking spell.

Also, this is something I was curious about... How much is are the hit point totals for each of us?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Wizards get a feat that generates them up to 5% of their total Action Points pool every time they crit (10 second cd). But I'd say it's really nice how the wizard can smart-tank mobs and enemies handily. Of course, it's exponentially easier against minibosses and bigger enemies, but there's plenty of big bad AoE to throw at things. I'll probably have to phase out Repel at some point though, seeing how it's not very conductive for teamwork, but goddamn it's a cool looking spell.

Also, this is something I was curious about... How much is are the hit point totals for each of us?

15k for me, but I emphasize power & crit over everything else - there's some decent HP items available at my level. That cool singularity spell that pulls all the mobs in, that's a daily right?

The lack of aoe is annoying in dungeons, mostly - for solo you can make do by using Blitz. The AoE daily deals some sweet damage too, but I hate blowing the action points for that when Lurker's Assault is almost always better.

Vaarna_Aarne

Singularity is a daily, yeah. I haven't leveled it or used it, since in terms of damage and disabling ability it's inferior to Ice Storm (if it dealt a lot more damage or pulled like a motherfucker for its entire duration, it'd be a good alternative), and its compatriot Oppressive Force has Daze (but now I use Ice Knife due to the massive damage it deals). It looks totally sweet though. One spell that's absolutely amazing for Wizards is Shield. Combines with a damage resistance buff (the first hit gets halved in damage while the shield is up) with a very fast and powerful burst aoe knockback attack. In terms of single tick hits the Wizard has, Shield's pulse is second only to stuff like Sudden Storm.

One thing I'm sad about though is that Storm Pillar at-will sucks dick. It looked and sounded so cool...

As for HP+ items, I dunno mang. Seems the bonus is equal only getting whacked a single time at best. Maybe it's better than its defense equivalent, but so far the most important stats are Crit and Power (with Movement getting an honorary mention for Utility Slot goodness), or even stuff like Regeneration (so you can heal while you stand around like a fucking lemon).

EDIT: I just gave some thought to leveling up Singularity anyway. It's gone one specific use that might prove highly valuable: It can set up devastating Spell Mastery Chill Strike attacks (with Spell Mastery that spell becomes AoE, like Repel does).

Zetor

Arcane
Singularity is for PVP -- though honestly pvp isn't very good in this game. It keeps people off a node, keeps pesky melee in check, etc etc. It also lasts for a pretty long time (slow pull, then stun when the enemies disappear, folllowed by the drop that does the damage).

Vaarna_Aarne

Btw Zetor, I tried out March of the Destroyer today. A decent enough romp, liked the surprise of a Kobold trap hidden underneath a garbage pile (it wasn't particularly damaging or anything, but I just liked getting a surprise like that; even if it's not a high risk thing it does make you pay more attention). I'd say my only gripe was just that the dungeon was a tad too big.

Also, that clipping in the textures in that one room, that's caused by water in the Foundry, isn't it? The author of From The Shadows campaign wrote about that in the description for the second quest.

Zetor

Arcane
Btw Zetor, I tried out March of the Destroyer today. A decent enough romp, liked the surprise of a Kobold trap hidden underneath a garbage pile (it wasn't particularly damaging or anything, but I just liked getting a surprise like that; even if it's not a high risk thing it does make you pay more attention). I'd say my only gripe was just that the dungeon was a tad too big.

Also, that clipping in the textures in that one room, that's caused by water in the Foundry, isn't it? The author of From The Shadows campaign wrote about that in the description for the second quest.
Thanks, yo. The quest is certainly not my best work (I'm a lot more proud of my COH story arcs), I was still learning how the foundry worked as I created it... and it probably shows.

About the clipping: it's certainly possible it's caused by water... it only seems to affect that one room type though, and only when you approach the first bend at a certain distance, other rooms with water are fine. This was something they broke between BWE3 and BWE4, I think.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Merkwürdigliebe, it's the Dragon shard. As soon as you're ready for your invite make note of your name@namename by hovering your mouse over the icon in the upper-left corner of the game screen. Then post it here.

Or, send a tell to myself (sirwatson@crispy8181) or Vaarna (ashur@vaarna_aarne) and we'll get you in.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
tharax@zedblacksword

But I barely play. I just want lvl 15 so I can fuck with foundry.

Aothan

Magister
is there an in-game manual ? I feel a bit silly asking but as a rule I try to avoid too much explicit detail about game mechanics since this knowledge usually does away with a lot of the apparent complexity and creativity that allows for player choice (meaningful choice within the system that is). However, having acquired my first feat it would be reasonable to understand the basics of how different feats work but I cannot seem to find a manual which gives general details. Although the wiki was consulted for a description of action points and it is not at all out of place to have this type of information consolidated on a website I'm mostly assuming there is a manual of sorts which eludes me (the coloured text would suggest as much). Also, will feats become more regular with level progression after level 10 ? I would like to think character development is not too punctuated, for that matter is there a known level limit ? Oh and I allocated one of my points to what turns out to be a daily power before I cannot use multiple daily powers, at what level can characters use two or more daily powers ?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
After playing this one should pretty well get an idea of how the Project eternity spellcasting is going to look like.
What do you mean? Is P:E basing mechanics off 4e?

I really need to do research P:E instead of asking people every time it comes up lol :oops:

Zeriel

Arcane
Oh man, the game design in this thing.

Let's talk about mounts. You know, those things that range from 40-110% increased speed depending on the amount of dolla dolla balla balla you've got. You may think, what in the actual fuck, how does that matter? It's just convenience. Except that they are usable in PVP. And damage does not break the mounted state. Or slow you down. And you can remount instantly about 1 second after you're attacked. And you capture nodes as normal (as if you were standing on the ground) when mounted.

You want to win battlegrounds, Mister? We got you. Only $300 prz.

subotaiy

Cipher
What i find most annoying is that they dont have multiple(at least 2 damn it) slots in wich you can save and from wich you can load builds, like in Rift; i mean, its pretty much a must on guardian when i want to switch from tanking dungeons to pvp/dps and viceversa. But no, I must pay real money every fucking time i want a respec, this shit is ridiculous.
And no, they dont have (probably) direct pay2win armors in shop like someone said earlier, but indirectly it is still the most p2w model ive played, thanks to "conveniences" mentioned by me and the person above, and im pretty sure there are others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom