Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There's no reason to care until they release a new premium mod.
Look at all the laughs Siege of Dragonspear gave us, imagine what is yet to come.

Bioware also set the bar so low that they might actually deliver better modules than what they put out.

sstacks

Arcane
What is your fave Conan story (R.E Howard only)? The one with Xaltotun was my fave.

Ok, let's change the mood:

The best Conan story is either the Tower of the Elephant, or The God in the Bowl.

Also, the best post-Howard Conan writer is John Maddox Roberts. Robert Jordan sucks.

Was tower of the Elephant the one where he climbed this really tall tower to rob it? If so yeah that's a fave. I also like the one where he's chasing the woman across the arctic landscape.

Truth be told, although I love Conan as a character I prefer Robert E. Howard's Soloman Kane stories over his Conan stuff.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you want to act like you're on some aggressive news show and flame the crap out of a game dev, you can call in during the live show at 501-823-0965 and do your own dirty work, baby :P
Codexians are too much of a pussy for that. They can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. :smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition_27.html

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launches on Steam

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has arrived on Steam! Here at Beamdog we’re not only excited to have the opportunity to rejuvenate another classic Dungeons and Dragons title, but to reintroduce an experience as creative as it is compelling.

As Beamdog CEO and Project Director on the original Neverwinter Nights Trent Oster puts it, “To me Neverwinter Nights is a magical game. The combination of a powerful, yet easy-to-use toolset, the ability to run a persistent world, to play with your friends and the Dungeons & Dragons rules are an amazing structure I’m still massively excited about the democratization of game design that the tools enable and the power of the dungeon master client to shape adventures on the fly. I think there has never been another game like Neverwinter Nights and the Enhanced Edition is an opportunity to carry that concept forward to even greater possibilities.”

Through the original campaign and premium modules, you’ll experience lovingly crafted stories filled with hours of exploration and excitement. You’ll journey with Aribeth and Drogon, slay drow and dragons, travel from mountain peaks in the frozen North to the depths of the Underdark. The heroes you create will travel the face of Faerun.

“Neverwinter Nights has been a beloved game for the past 15 years, with Beamdog's ongoing development and community support we hope the Enhanced Edition will be loved for 15+ more years.” - Jonathan Hill, Project Lead for Neverwinter Nights.

With the Aurora Toolset, you’ll be able to express your imagination by crafting an infinite variety of worlds, as well as exploring those created by others through the Steam Workshop. Build towers that reach for the Seven Heavens, pits descending into the Nine Hells, and cities stretching across countries and continents. All of this and more is within your grasp.

The Dungeon Master Client allows you to play Dungeons & Dragons with friends thousands of miles away. Since its inception, D&D has been a powerful collaborative experience, and Neverwinter Nights will allow you to challenge your friends’ wits and skill at arms in real-time. Never worry again about finding a group to indulge your hobby, just log in and discover the adventures that await.

The team at Beamdog are overjoyed to support Neverwinter’s fans in playing, crafting, and enjoying the worlds of Dungeons & Dragons, as well as your own

If you're curious what's been done so far, check out the changelog taking us from NWN 1.69 to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Don't forge to grab this too!

Very feminine portrait,i see that beamdog are sticking to their fabulous style.
ss_14265a749f56beae81361f542feb800bcea6a5bd.1920x1080.jpg

Erikolaz

Educated
I'm stubborn and tend to carry grudges for a long time, so I'll stick with my promise of never touching a Beamdog game. And yeah, that tranny portrait is a good indicator that they haven't changed their stripes.

PorkBarrellGuy

Don't forge to grab this too!

With 3 bucks i can eat a cheeseburger. Far more value than 10 character portraits.

Seen better portraits for free on NWVault (at least, when NWVault was still fully functional - no idea if the portraits are even there anymore). In any event, it's easy to make portraits yourself from the art of your favorite artists once you understand how to do it, and I'd rather see Cleavenger's and Rojo's stuff than whoever the fuck made those.

Codex Year of the Donut
What's the reason to buy NWN:EE?
I read the description and didn't see the sales pitch, I checked their FAQ and still didn't see it.
The only interesting thing I saw is
  • Community Endorsed: Original developers have teamed with key members of the Neverwinter Nights community to curate important fan-requested improvements to support players, storytellers, and modders.
…But they don't say what was added

Zeriel

Arcane
What's the reason to buy NWN:EE?
I read the description and didn't see the sales pitch, I checked their FAQ and still didn't see it.
The only interesting thing I saw is
  • Community Endorsed: Original developers have teamed with key members of the Neverwinter Nights community to curate important fan-requested improvements to support players, storytellers, and modders.
…But they don't say what was added

A pricetag was added.

sstacks

Arcane
Beamdog's studio director Phil Daigle talks Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition, the new updated version of the beloved D&D video game. What does it change and what does it keep the same? Plus Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear on mobile and what changes it received before desktop. What else might be in Beamdog's future?

Podcast version:
https://shaneplays.com/neverwinter-...g-phil-daigle-radio-show-podcast-episode-141/

YouTube (audio only):

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom