Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Codex Year of the Donut
When is this coming to the Codex Steam curator thing?
Do the codex have a steam curator for games that you shouldn't touch?
Yes. http://store.steampowered.com/curator/31550535-RPGCodex-(Unofficial)/
wqznvk.png

WHO DID THIS

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
When is this coming to the Codex Steam curator thing?
Do the codex have a steam curator for games that you shouldn't touch?
Yes. http://store.steampowered.com/curator/31550535-RPGCodex-(Unofficial)/
wqznvk.png

WHO DID THIS

Someone who obviously knows video games, because Elex was a pile of donkey shit.
You too are pile of shit yet you still post. Go and play oblivion or some other shit you unrefined savage :obviously:.

deama

Prophet
Is there some NWN modder around here that could give us a comment on the new features for the Aurora toolset?

Okay, I can see this working if they added the ability to bundle hak packs with campaign modules through workshop. Maybe even bundled together mods that are in separate parts as on big download for that mod. A quick glance at the workshop makes it looks like at least Aieland is doing that. Cool. All I see this being good for is as a future platform for mods and the ability for more functionality for making those mods. Right now there's no real benefit to buying this. From what I've seen, it doesn't even fix the framerate and CPU issues anyway.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
From what i see there is only a steam release. Am i missing something? I am dilemma,should i pirate it or play something else.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
Is there some NWN modder around here that could give us a comment on the new features for the Aurora toolset?

Is there anything in particular you are curious about, or do you just want a general assessment? AFAIK, I am the only NWN modder paying any attention to this thread, and I am not sure I am particularly well-qualified to comment since as of this writing I have not actually used the new toolset, or NWN: EE at all (I doubtless should at some point playtest my modules in EE to see what issues it causes and what can be done about them, but since the various Swordflight modules add up to almost 100 hours of play time, with massive differences in the experience depending on the player character's alignment, class, race, etc. requiring multiple test runs to do it right, it is a daunting prospect and I just have not had the time).

That caveat aside, from the changes as described it seems that a few minor nuisances have been fixed, but nothing has been changed that significantly. EE appears to have added a means to directly tag effects and item properties, which is helpful since currently scripting involving such things tends to involve kludgy workarounds like cycling through every effect on a creature, or every property on an item, until one is found meeting some characteristic. It allows one to increase the currently hard-coded limits to various bonuses that can be applied to creatures, which has a lot of potential applications. Currently, to give one example, rewarding a PC with a permanent Ability Increase as a quest reward or something is typically fairly useless, since on top of bonuses from items it will generally hit the Ability bonus limit and become redundant. One now apparently has the option to hide the minimap from the player which might be useful for trapping someone in a maze or something of that nature. Some other current issues with the toolset are that clicking on a placeable that for some reason has been positioned above the ground to further edit its properties causes it to drop to the ground, requiring it to be repositioned, and redrawing a trigger or encounter can remove variables set on it. Both of these are small nuisances that have occasionally tripped me up, and are said to be fixed in the EE.

Of course the most important question concerning the toolset is what new bugs and issues have been added, and that will require actual testing rather than simply reading Beamdog's changelog.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
For the scrubs, I have listed a few romance mods in my NWN write-up.

Still trying to scrape viewership? Seems you've been cuckolded by other magazines and podcasts.. :'(

AFAIK, I am the only NWN modder paying any attention to this thread

Many people stalk this thread from the NWN / NWN:EE community. You are probably the only one actually posting here though.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Here's how the conversation between me and my friend went regarding whether to get the remaster:

- Omg neverwinter nights remaster!
- Oh cool, what did they remaster? New graphics?
- Euh...They added some new effects?
- Game looks the same to me, what else?
- Euh... UI scaling?
- Okay....What else?
- They added backwards compatibility?
- So we can play the same mods we are already playing, wonderful.
- Euh..They did something to enhance the multi apparently? Loads of people on the forums seem crazy about that in particular.
- We been playing neverwinter nights campaign via gameranger for the past month....
- Steam workshop?
- We know how to use Neverwinter Vault and install haks ffs....

Yeah, spoiler: we gave this one a pass.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
So, do modules from the original game work seamlessly with this version?

They are supposed to, since EE claims to be backwards compatible with existing modules and custom content. To what extent this is actually true is still being determined. I have recently received a couple bug reports on my modules that appear to be EE specific issues, so it seems fair to say at this point that you cannot count on modules working seamlessly, but they can be played on EE, more or less.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Original at 800*600 on a Trinitron CRT or go home.

Also, modders who ignore the original and just create EE-only content will not receive coverage from me. Instead, they will be written off for all-time.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Original at 800*600 on a Trinitron CRT or go home.

Also, modders who ignore the original and just create EE-only content will not receive coverage from me. Instead, they will be written off for all-time.

Are there any notable back end improvements for modders or PW hosts in the EE that would warrant such shift towards it exclusively?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom