Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I pirated it,played the tutorial level,saw that there was no difference at all and decided to finish my deus ex replay.

Explanation is in post.

Also NWN:EE write up or RIOT!

Please explain?

HTB1ndP8JpXXXXXtXpXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I pirated it,played the tutorial level,saw that there was no difference at all and decided to finish my deus ex replay.

Had the same reaction. I didn't follow their endless rambling blog posts so I didn't know what exactly they improved but to me it looks exactly the same god damn it. I saw the improved head for Aribeth and figured they at least did something to the character models but nope. This is shit that modders found a solution for literally decades ago.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/04/april-6-livestream-recap.html

April 6 Livestream Recap

Phil plays a community created module for Eye of the Beholder in NWN:EE.

Today Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Studio Director Phillip Daigle shared the latest updates on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and Infinity Engine EEs patches. Trent revealed the secret ending to Sword Coast High and Phil played part of the community created module Eye of the Beholder for NWN:EE, available in the Steam Workshop.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch!

Here's a quick summary of the highlights from the livestream:
  • The Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition launch on Steam was good! We’ll continue to roll it forward, providing new features, opening up modding opportunities and fixing bugs.
  • A lot of custom content for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is already in the Steam Workshop. Browse the Steam Workshop, find the mod you like, subscribe to it, and it will be downloaded automatically.
  • We don’t want the Steam Workshop to be the only place to find mods for NWN:EE. We want to mirror it, the question is where and how. Let us know your thoughts in the NWN:EE forums!
  • We want to make Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition the best experience for players. We’re going to keep game better with each update, the game’s code, look and functionality will be improving as we go forward.
  • We’re working on new character models for NWN:EE. You can see a few exciting results of our experiments on character models and tilesets in the Steam Workshop.
  • We’ll definitely take some steps to improve a few performance issues on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.
  • The development branch of NWN:EE on Steam will be continually updated. You can already try out the 8157 development branch build.

The current server list for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is quite extensive. There’s a lot of activity happening in Multiplayer!
  • The 2.5 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is still in full swing. We will be releasing an update to the BG:EE 2.5 beta later today.
  • We twisted Phil’s arm into adding the Priest of Tempus kit to Branwen.
  • We plan to start releasing final 2.5 patches towards the end of this month.
  • We plan to address performance issues of our Infinity Engine EEs on Google Play. If your app does not respond or crash, please, report these issues on our bug tracker.

Phil creates a half-orc wizard.
  • Full party control as it is possible in Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights 2 is probably not going to happen in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition by default, however, we’re looking at opening it up for modding opportunities.
  • Improving pathfinding in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is a big topic, and there are two possible approaches we can take towards addressing this issue. We’re looking at the code and trying to figure out what is involved, where pathfinding is falling out. If we redo the pathfinding, it’s going to change the way Neverwinter Nights plays, so we have to take the need for backwards compatibility into account. It may be that the new HD content will require a new pathfinding system.
  • We’re going to step Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition forward slowly, opening up systems, making them moddable. We’re deeply aware an ability to add new custom feats is one of the most requested features. We want to make players and modders able to do that.
  • If you’re having problems with the toolset, tell us how and where it is not working for you, and we’ll fix it. If you have an Intel integrated chipset - it may be the current reason of this problem.
  • A lot of 1.69 issues of Neverwinter Nights have already been fixed in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. If we missed a few - please, report them on our bug tracker.
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream next Friday!

deama

Prophet
Improving pathfinding in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is a big topic, and there are two possible approaches we can take towards addressing this issue. We’re looking at the code and trying to figure out what is involved, where pathfinding is falling out. If we redo the pathfinding, it’s going to change the way Neverwinter Nights plays, so we have to take the need for backwards compatibility into account. It may be that the new HD content will require a new pathfinding system.
I don't ever remember having an issue with the pathfinding? Does anyone on the 'dex even have a problem with the game's pathfinding?

PorkBarrellGuy

Improving pathfinding in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is a big topic, and there are two possible approaches we can take towards addressing this issue. We’re looking at the code and trying to figure out what is involved, where pathfinding is falling out. If we redo the pathfinding, it’s going to change the way Neverwinter Nights plays, so we have to take the need for backwards compatibility into account. It may be that the new HD content will require a new pathfinding system.
I don't ever remember having an issue with the pathfinding? Does anyone on the 'dex even have a problem with the game's pathfinding?

I never had an issue with pathfinding in NWN and I never heard of anyone complaining about it. News to me. Closest thing I had to a pathfinding issue was when Tomi would 'tard out over traps and try and disarm a far one while walking over nearer ones. Not sure if that's a "pathfinding" issue.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
There were no pathfinding issues in NWN. Only problem is if, as TDD said, you detect a trap on the other side of a wall (or further from you first) and your companion makes a beeline for it, running past and over everything else along the way. This only happens if you set your companion to automatically disarm all traps without your prompting.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Huh? You're from Hong Kong?
For some reason I thought you were Finnish.

BTW, any plans on finishing that JA2 walkthrough?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lilura, not to give Beamdog the benefit of the doubt, but I read “I appreciate the joke, but... trolling... unapologetic bigotry” as meaning something more like “I appreciate that you’re joking, but you’re still being an asshole.” When you piss into the tent, sometimes the tent pisses back.

Be careful with your personal information! Age, location, education—pretty soon someone like Roguey will be knocking on your front door.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Lilura, not to give Beamdog the benefit of the doubt, but I read “I appreciate the joke, but... trolling... unapologetic bigotry” as meaning something more like “I appreciate that you’re joking, but you’re still being an asshole.” When you piss into the tent, sometimes the tent pisses back.

Be careful with your personal information! Age, location, education—pretty soon someone like Roguey will be knocking on your front door.

Roguey is already fishing through the dumpster out back.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
When you piss into the tent, sometimes the tent pisses back.

They can piss out of the tent all they like; they are only hurting themselves by attacking a commentator. Beamdog PR have deleted their attacks on me, showing that they don't have the guts to stand by their words.

I will serve him tea if he comes a-knocking.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
say what? the three things everyone encounters in nwn is the ridiculous dance of death, shuffling your character into traps and aoos, the dumb ai, and horrendous pathfinding. granted, the latter is more obvious in community modules, where usually more placeables are used for decoration than in the oc. just try to cross a room and the mighty hero will be stuck at a piece of forniture instead of navigating around, runnning endlessly on the spot without interfering. at least your henchmen will get teleported to your location after a while.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
say what? the three things everyone encounters in nwn is the ridiculous dance of death, shuffling your character into traps and aoos, the dumb ai, and horrendous pathfinding. granted, the latter is more obvious in community modules, where usually more placeables are used for decoration than in the oc. just try to cross a room and the mighty hero will be stuck at a piece of forniture instead of navigating around, runnning endlessly on the spot without interfering. at least your henchmen will get teleported to your location after a while.
Hilarious, isn't it, that your "everyone" does not include at least 3 people in this forum alone?

How about you stop trying to speak for everyone and concentrate on your own problems first?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I never had an issue with pathfinding in NWN and I never heard of anyone complaining about it. News to me. Closest thing I had to a pathfinding issue was when Tomi would 'tard out over traps and try and disarm a far one while walking over nearer ones. Not sure if that's a "pathfinding" issue.

I mentioned the pathing routine here. Beamdog are basically getting their best ideas from me, which is fine.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Hilarious, isn't it, that your "everyone" does not include at least 3 people in this forum alone?
it's like those people acting surprised and yelling about not encountering bugs, therefore the software has to be bug free. making the statement that "there were no pathfinding issues in NWN", while there clearly are, is a bit thick. if you like to put your fingers in your ears and go trolololo, be my guest.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was ready to bet on the philologies background, hehe. I also guess you work as a teacher, or have spent some time working as one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom