Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Bankruptcy.

I'm sorry but that won't happen. There is a tons of people buying these games, especially these that do not care about mods or do not surf on the internet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where Codexers are being slightly unfair here is that NWN was previously not available on Steam, so this would have been a case of "charging money for something I already own" even if the original game had been released as is on Steam.

Call it "Neverwinter Nights: Steam Edition" instead of "Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition" - less outrage?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you trying to shill, Infinitron? The name is obviously not the problem, I have no idea how you can even say that while having read the thread. A rose by any other name and all that, but in a negative way.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are you trying to shill, Infinitron? The name is obviously not the problem, I have no idea how you can even say that while having read the thread. A rose by any other name and all that, but in a negative way.

Well, the problem is obviously that Codexers hate and mistrust Beamdog.

Another developer saying "We're going to patch and add new features to NWN 1.69 and then release it on Steam" would have been met with less hostility. Probably very little hostility if they released it for the same price as it costs on GOG.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

gosh I got this gem for free too so I am very h appy to already have it and used @L blog to help me understand the game and downloading adventures to play. :hug: Was anyone here on the stream chat too because I watched the whole thing because they were giving aweay free t-shirts so why not right? My son would have loved one but he would have to grow into it to fit properly but I did not win a t-shirt and at the end of the stream they picked a random name and you would send in a picture and get a portrait of yourself made but they did not pick me so bummer on that too but pretty nice to have like those street artists that draw you and a hobby but better!

Okay so from someone who has played a few adventures in this game if you already have the free one from gog and do not play multiplay adventures or spend time at lan parties do not worry okay? OKAY? Let me tell you why because right now from the stream and what I have read that is the big thing fixed is some multiplay listing working again. There are things called shaders to make your game blurrier or darker which the free gog version has a slider to make it bright or dark already too and who wants to play a blurry game anyway right? :argh:

And all those adventuring stories you can play too but they all work with the gog version too so why right? WHY! :hahano:

If you multiply and need the list back okay think about it or lan partying but right now just wait and see what happens if it gets new looks or new adventuring downloads to go on okay? You will still can participate and play adventures with the free gog version no problem. :salute: k

Thanks,
Sherry

Sabotin

Scholar
Trying it in practice and I'm quite disappointed. Already in the character creator the skin/tatoo default color seem wrong and the starter clothes get borked when you cycle through them. The "movie" quality is worse than the original (I thought it was just not stretched over the screen but I opened the diamond edition ones in a video player to compare and the EE seem smaller and a bit squeezed; the text in them is very hard to read). I'm not even using some weird resolution, 1920*1080 is standard, no? The movies are also very loud compared to everything else (same as original), without any setting affecting them. Could have added a separate slider...

The game seems more stable and compatible (I'm not having issues with vfx transparency and shiny water anymore and no occasional crashing when running the game) but the performance is exactly the same. Still uses only 1 cpu core (not even all of it apparently). SSAO drops FPS in interiors by half for me (60+ to 30), the flooded first area in Aielund is still in the 20s regardless of settings. All the while CPU/GPU usage is below half. Still getting the small hitches when stuff loads. Depth of field seems to not work properly either? It makes everything blurrier, not just the background and if you zoom out enough it doesn't even do that. The high contrast thing I suppose improves brightly lit areas a bit, but everything else is worse. The vibrance I don't even know what it is, my eyes just hurt looking at it.

The "scalable" user interface just seems to have two settings (1 and 2)? Is this tweakable in the ini files maybe? Anyway the bigger one is just zoomed in. The images and icons I can understand, but the interface iteself and the text, too?

The content doesn't seem to have any difference either. There's still the orignal texture errors here and there (some shoulderpads for example). I thought they'd directly implement some fixes that need NWNX as a workaround, like toggles turning off when you move, but alas... The mechanics I haven't even had the chance to test yet (well, a feat had fixed requirements when I was making my character), but I suppose most players won't even notice those.

I guess most of the stuff is under the hood, enabling modders to do more things, but that'll require time to realize.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

Well, the problem is obviously that Codexers hate and mistrust Beamdog.

Another developer saying "We're going to patch and add new features to NWN 1.69 and then release it on Steam" would have been met with less hostility. Probably very little hostility if they released it for the same price as it costs on GOG.

Eh, maybe. I certainly don't like Beamdog, but BG and Icewind Dale EE were all fine, those games are difficult to run on a modern computer without looking and playing like shit. They also upgraded the content of the older games to the newer ones, which is pretty cool. Class kits in Icewind dale? Hell yes.

NWN runs fine so the enhancements they are touting are pretty lame. I'd be more impressed if they had remade the game using NWN2 engine, or otherwise fixed the long-standing engine limits like no true multiclassing for spellcasters. But no such luck, seems like they've barely added anything at all. No new PrCs? No new adventures? Boring.

sstacks

Arcane
Where Codexers are being slightly unfair here is that NWN was previously not available on Steam, so this would have been a case of "charging money for something I already own" even if the original game had been released as is on Steam.

Call it "Neverwinter Nights: Steam Edition" instead of "Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition" - less outrage?

We are never allowed to confuse the issue with facts if it interferes with a good round of naysaying and outrage.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Class kits in Icewind dale? Hell yes.

arundel.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom