Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Be careful with your personal information! Age, location, education—pretty soon someone like Roguey will be knocking on your front door.

I will serve him tea if he comes a-knocking.

Normal tea or Red Cliff part two sabotage tea? Or is John Woo no longer popular in his hometown?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Lil are you playing the sex card because someone on a forum made a dumb-but-relatively-tame menopause joke and Beamdog didn't scrub it from existence with a "That's not funny" scolding? :hmmm: I can understand the "double standards" argument, but it's odd to me to want them to go all the way.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Hilarious, isn't it, that your "everyone" does not include at least 3 people in this forum alone?
it's like those people acting surprised and yelling about not encountering bugs, therefore the software has to be bug free. making the statement that "there were no pathfinding issues in NWN", while there clearly are, is a bit thick. if you like to put your fingers in your ears and go trolololo, be my guest.
No one else is claiming ALL (i.e., "everyone") as part of their "proof" that NWN is anything. Except you.

Stop projecting and start addressing your mental problems, kid.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
If you don't know who I am, I'm Lilura. I'm a 33 year old Hong Kongese with a master's degree in English.
"Hong Kongese"? Really? Could have sworn the people from Hong Kong were called "Honkers"...

deama

Prophet
I don't ever remember having an issue with the pathfinding? Does anyone on the 'dex even have a problem with the game's pathfinding?
say what? the three things everyone encounters in nwn is the ridiculous dance of death, shuffling your character into traps and aoos, the dumb ai, and horrendous pathfinding. granted, the latter is more obvious in community modules, where usually more placeables are used for decoration than in the oc. just try to cross a room and the mighty hero will be stuck at a piece of forniture instead of navigating around, runnning endlessly on the spot without interfering. at least your henchmen will get teleported to your location after a while.
I remember having problems with traps, but it wasn't cause of the pathfinding, it was to do with camera positioning, i.e: having to rotate camera or having to position it constantly so I can properly click the spaces to avoid the traps.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Lil are you playing the sex card because someone on a forum made a dumb-but-relatively-tame menopause joke and Beamdog didn't scrub it from existence with a "That's not funny" scolding? :hmmm: I can understand the "double standards" argument, but it's odd to me to want them to go all the way.

I got warned for simply calling a group of people "a rabble", so I think it's a double standard no warning was issued for a cheap sexist jab in a community known for insipid virtue signaling. To be clear, and as I've made clear before, I'm not an SJW. I hold those blue-haired fatties, and political correctness in general, in contempt, beneath contempt. No "isms" are allowed on my blog except prism and jism; certainly not feminism. And yeah, I'm not offended. I've been attacked way worse by 'Dexers. This was just to show that Beamdog don't enforce consistency and are just faking their SJW nonsense.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The rawk vocit swannis in a rabyll
The meane and inferiour subjectes, even the rascall rable and multitude
None but the noisy rabble love to hear anything scurrilous or railing
The devil makes use of scoundrels and rabble, beggars and vagabonds
There is always an abundance of excitable rabble to be got for a drink of whiskey
I narrowly escaped the insolence of an inraged rabble
To mob me up with all the soft and milky rabble of womankind
To class himself with that rabble of murderers
You live in Dublin among a parcel of rabble

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
What did Beamdog expect other than scorn? GOG does more to make old games playable again than they do.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
There is always an abundance of excitable rabble to be got for a drink of whiskey

Is that James Joyce or Lilura?

Brancaleone

Prophet

Is that James Joyce or Lilura?
It's uncredited authors, a different one for each line. Imagine them watermarked.

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
Bought it to see if it ran smoother / looked better than diamond edition. Worse on both counts. It is refundable though so it has that going for it.

Palomides

Augur
Now that that's over with, let's all discuss our favourite classes.

Mine is cleric.

1-40.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Lilura going into full Celerity mode.

Please explain. I don't know Celerity.
Guy that played Darkest Dungeon and got absolute obsessive compulsive to the point of insanity because of the flaws of that game and that developer didn't cared hearing him and fixing them.

Meh, it's just commentary.

For example:

The Rabble
Evidence of Unfair Beamdog Influence on Public Venues r/baldursgate and r/neverwinternights

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lilura said:

To the bottom-feeder modders who have posted against me on public venues (jumped on the rabble bandwagon in order to score a few cheap votes and emoticons): I have removed links to your garbage from my blog. Nothing of value has been lost. That will teach you a lesson. And let that be a warning even to real modders: just because I have covered your work favorably, doesn't mean I can't rewrite my reviews to be.. less flattering. I will have a "better" go at your work if you have a cheap go at me.

An eye for an eye.

• Further to that, I will devalue Aurora as a whole if it suits me in the future. I have already taken its inadequacies to task, but I can certainly expand and refine my irrefutable criticisms (here, here, here and here).

And Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia... Sorry, I couldn't resist.

If you're going to edit the record, it might make more sense to do it quietly. It will be far more damaging if they don't have explicit proof that your reassessment is driven by personal animus; to really draw blood, it's better if your audience believes you honestly find no merit whatsoever in the work in question. IMHO, you shouldn't be so quick to discard the pretense of objectivity. Polemic loses its edge when it appears to get personal.

TL;DR do you want to boast about taking a personal hand in Beamdog's destruction, or do you want to destroy Beamdog? If the latter, villainous chortling should always be confined to one's secret lair.

duanth123

Arcane
Rabble is too kind a word to describe these people. It implies normalityl, when in practice and belief they are shameless nega-humans, 21st century abominations whose critical faculties are entirely subservient to an ideology of mediocrity and a child's view of life's workings.

Maybe a throng.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Potatoes and Eringoes, and, as I take it, Cantharides—Excellent, a Priapism follows
Lust causeth a Flagrancy in the Eyes; and Priapisme
Neither amatory desire nor true priapism is, however, a constant symptom in cantharidal poisoning
There was complete retention of urine, but no priapism.

= approved vocab.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom