Greetings from the Neverwinter Nights team!
We’re pushing Build 85.8193.33 to the live branch!
- Fixed local multiplayer failing with error 110622
- Fixed a crash when some PLT textures failed to load
- Fixed area tile source lights showing up as red when they previously were off after a game save & load
- Fixed some pathfinding regressions where creatures had difficulties leaving corridors/rooms
- Fixed a crash in the GetPlayerDeviceProperty script call when passing in an invalid player object
- Updated Steam SDK to version 152. This should fix the Mac M1 build not running natively when launched from Steam
- Added a message box when the user directory fails to initialise (instead of crashing). This is most commonly caused by Antivirus preventing write access to the Documents directory
This will be the last stable patch in a while! We want to thank you all again for your continued feedback!
I finished SF's first chapter on EE, so I can report that it seems to run just fine.
Just don't make the same mistake that I did by doing it with a cleric, do it with a martial class.
For now. Unfortunately, Beamdog's patching tends to introduce new bugs on a regular basis.
Not sure that is a mistake. A fighter might be slightly stronger than a cleric at low levels in Ch. 1, but clerics are much more powerful in the long run.
Because its technical problems are relatively easy to resolve. Nothing could save the OC, content-wise, but NWN2's interfaces and controls could be massively improved with just a few weeks of work. Throw in a graphical spruce, and you've got one of the most worthwhile Enhanced Editions published.Why? It’s a shit game with no redeeming qualities save for MotB.