Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Wow I somehow missed those mage armor scrolls but I haven't been feeling well this week, been feeling sick and not sleeping correctly but whatever I still managed to find time to play SF, this is the bandit commander fight:

https://youtu.be/i9RrPouymGs

also, did anyone else have Ulav cast dominate monster in the camp fight?

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Holy shit. This is amazing. Huge spoiler but I would highly suggest building a character for greatswords if you are playing swordflight.

Yplf064.jpg

I wonder if there are other items this good in the module. I'm specced for Kamas and monk but for a second playthrough I know what I'm gonna do.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Holy shit. This is amazing. Huge spoiler but I would highly suggest building a character for greatswords if you are playing swordflight.

Yplf064.jpg

I wonder if there are other items this good in the module. I'm specced for Kamas and monk but for a second playthrough I know what I'm gonna do.
Some frostgiant is out there looking for his lost popsicle now.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm in the human quest tomb now, Zarala could not find the secret door before you descend down to the final area. Is this a tough search check?

rogueknight333

Arbiter

Yplf064.jpg

Note that Ice Storm can also do damage to the caster and friendly creatures, so that sword might not be as good as you think. No Enhancement bonus would be a big downside too, though Greater Magic Weapon could deal with that to some extent. There might be ways to use it effectively, but it would not be that simple.

I'm in the human quest tomb now, Zarala could not find the secret door before you descend down to the final area. Is this a tough search check?

I think it has a DC of 30 or so. Zarala would need to have her skills boosted in some way to find it. Not sure about that door in particular, but as a general rule you cannot expect to find all secret doors unless your own character's Search skill is fairly high.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Note that Ice Storm can also do damage to the caster and friendly creatures, so that sword might not be as good as you think. No Enhancement bonus would be a big downside too, though Greater Magic Weapon could deal with that to some extent. There might be ways to use it effectively, but it would not be that simple.

How I use it currently I always have extended spell resistance on myself and henchmen I'm Monk 1/Cleric 30 currently so it will always block a level 19 ice storm.

Fully buffed the thing is pretty godly the AB is basically the same as my kama with flurry on and I think the monk AC makes up for not having a shield.

EqXfrWg.jpg

Almost done with Ch:4 just cleaning up now before I go past the point of no return. One quick question I still have the Lich killer wand from Ch:3 would it work on a different lich if I came across one?

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
That's fair, also got up the 2 Zorak fights. I've been using the Desert Wind for all of chapter 3 but switched to long sword for the second Zorak fight because he can't be crit.

Am I wrong to think the desert wind is actually better for my PC for most encounters unless an enemy is crit immune because it has massive crits and I can crit on divine damage?

https://youtu.be/a8lESNNegCE

https://youtu.be/r2GQr4tAsIw

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Maybe there'll be a boss after the point of no return but so far all the bosses I've fought have been environmental bosses where you need to clear mobs (some constantly respawning) and damage objects before you fight them.

I think there is a Drow necromancer (not a big spoiler) that I'm currently questing after and also a secret stronghold. That's all I've got left before I go to the point of no return.

Ch:4 is a big jump in difficulty, but I think you'll be fine as long as you get Epic warding ASAP.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Not sure about that one, other experienced players have said its overrated. I think rogueknight also said its not worth it but I could be mistaken.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Here is the big fight against the Drow Lich. Easily one of the toughest fights in the game. I had to cheese this one even with 42 spell resistance those liches can penetrate my SR 100% of the time.

Not sure about that one, other experienced players have said its overrated. I think rogueknight also said its not worth it but I could be mistaken.

I'm just salty because I have no DR except for a normal stoneskin (rubbish) if I could change some spells I'd give the clerics damage shield aura vs alignment CL scaling like melfs/elemental shield and give clerics at least greater stoneskin. It's okay though I think there will be some cool monk robes later on in the module.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Just feels anti-climatic healing the guy for 428 DMG and then hitting him once. He couldn't even finish his evil speech. It's just not sporting.

The sword really strips through the mantles.

I wonder if I should have gone 1Monk/Fighter6/Cleric X so I can get Weapon specialization and epic specialization.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Well, those touch attacks are part of the cleric's appeal. I see the argument about clerics being overpowered but I don't consider that cheesy. I know some players would consider my build cheesy but as I've stated here in the past.

Those people have no power over me.

Do you think your build doing more melee damage would have been a big help? Did you die more often in chapter 4 because you couldn't resist all the elemental damage?

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I think you just really want to use that greatsword haha I don't think delaying caster lvls would have helped you much, might have hindered the build actually imho

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
This was my longest fight yet. Shadow dragon.

What a character he was. His boss theme would be Benny Hill music.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Not sure but I wonder if the spell casting of some of the enemies was affected by EE. For example, Ulav casting dominate monster and in the second Zorak fight, he didn't cast greater isaacs how he did the first time although, the first fight I damaged him enough to end the fight right when he tried to cast it.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Sf:Ch 5 is a huge jump in quality with the writing. I'm actually laughing at the dialogue and situations. Also the nostalgia of seeing all the BG 1 environments and characters 10/10 so far.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
[ One quick question I still have the Lich killer wand from Ch:3 would it work on a different lich if I came across one?

Yes, it will work on any lich. Technically it will work on any Undead, though some of the debuffs it applies would be wasted on a non-caster. The special power of the anti-dragon ring you may have acquired in Ch.2 will also work on dragons encountered later in the series.

Not sure but I wonder if the spell casting of some of the enemies was affected by EE. For example, Ulav casting dominate monster and in the second Zorak fight, he didn't cast greater isaacs how he did the first time although, the first fight I damaged him enough to end the fight right when he tried to cast it.

If you were not protected from mind-affecting Dominate Monster was a perfectly reasonable choice, and if you were, ignoring immunities has long been an issue with the AI. AI casters tend to start with their highest level spells and work downwards, so most likely he just did not survive long enough to get to Isaac's.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
https://youtu.be/cwNA5iPsZy0

Fire giant fight, I did not bring enough cure severe wounds pots for the tomb quest+return journey, had to use a few heal potions but I'm close to the end so I'm ok with that. Also just barely ran out of true strike scrolls in the last battle.

Also, haven't use extend much after the beginning of Ch.2 outside of extending elemental shield and mestils acid sheath but it was invaluable as I've progressed to the tougher fights.

I still have to let myself die a few times to do that respawn quest.
If you were not protected from mind-affecting Dominate Monster was a perfectly reasonable choice, and if you were, ignoring immunities has long been an issue with the AI. AI casters tend to start with their highest level spells and work downwards, so most likely he just did not survive long enough to get to Isaac's.

Ok thanks, I didn't realize Dominate Monster could work on a PC.

Last edited:

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
https://youtu.be/Yp95iNY3cmQ

Doomknight fight,got it on the first try, my AB was 53, couldn't hit him, AC was 58, got knocked down, reduced to 1 hp,used heal pot and then my elemental shield and acid sheath killed him. I could have upped AB with war domain and thought I was going to have to reload and do that but there was no need. I think I will replay this fight just for fun though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom