Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tried that texture pack and it does cause the game to stutter and freeze. Not really worth it unless you're a real penny grubbing graphics whore.

I suppose if it was Beamdog then maybe in another 20 years time they'll have the kinks ironed out...but the community might get it done at some point.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
It's true, I switched to EE for the Aiuland saga and the only real difference I noticed was the extra crashes. Also numerous cases of getting stuck on the terrain that I didn't seem to have before.

Graphics might be a bit shinier but nobody plays NWN for the graphics in any case, will probably switch back to DE for the next module I try.
I dunno, I like some of the new graphical knick-knacks and haven't had stability issues. I think the EE's worth it nowadays, got a few things going for it despite some persistent gripes with the QA, but I get it if some are still more comfortable with the DE.

Tried that texture pack and it does cause the game to stutter and freeze.
Really? I checked out the HD Art Pack when it first came out and went back to the original assets but it was just because some texture and mesh mismatches were bugging me, I didn't notice any performance difference.

4) How does CEP work? Do you need CEP-ified modules for CEP to work?
Dunno about the rest, afraid I haven't bothered with either the PRC or the CEP, but the CEP is a hakpack so it'll only load for modules that have it configured as a dependency. In fact, they do state it in the Vault description:
Content from the core CEP does not override default Neverwinter Nights content, nor does it affect modules that don't specifically use the CEP.

Poseidon00

Arcane
I had a few questions for you guys Gargaune Poseidon00 Lacrymas Chippy rogueknight333

1) Is PRC now EE exclusive?
2) Does that mean PRC-ified modules found here (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1x3_U3JHblhh4K63NNy3gPy9AHYDwttkwequire) work better with EE or DE?
3) Which version of CEP to run with latest PRC? Are they compatible?

Thanks

1) No
2) Can't answer but Diamond Edition has generally been the more stable of the two.
3) I forget which version of CEP I run lol but not sure it matters
4) You need CEP-ified modules *but* the good news is that for your average module you can CEP-ify it yourself. Just takes a few button clicks in the editor. I can show you how if you need help.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
4) You need CEP-ified modules *but* the good news is that for your average module you can CEP-ify it yourself. Just takes a few button clicks in the editor. I can show you how if you need help.

Thanks. I found a large database of PRC/CEP-ified modules so I'm good for awhile.

Poseidon00

Arcane

Thanks. I found a large database of PRC/CEP-ified modules so I'm good for awhile.

Sounds good. It's something to keep in mind though, if you ever run across a module you want to try but isn't CEP-ready.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had a few questions for you guys Gargaune Poseidon00 Lacrymas Chippy rogueknight333

2) Does that mean PRC-ified modules found here (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1x3_U3JHblhh4K63NNy3gPy9AHYDwttkwequire) work better with EE or DE?

Thanks

I tried the latest version 4.1.9 with the DE and it had trouble. I believe it's EE only as it states that on the Vault site: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortium-419 in the paragraph just under the release notes.

The last PRC version I used with the DE was version 3.5. I know that was compatible with CEP V1.x but that's ancient by today's standards. On a positive note, I'll say that installing the latest version of the PRC was the easiest.

And version 1.x of the CEP does work with the EE for A Hunt Through The Dark. I think they said on the latest version of the CEP that it's backwards compatible, but I haven't installed it yet.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Hello,
Do I remember it correctly that NWN1 module toolset and the engine itself simply have not facilities enabling full party control, so it's futile asking for module recommendations in which you can control a party of 4-6 characters, no matter if you create it yourself at the beginning or gather members along the course of the game?

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
ello,
Do I remember it correctly that NWN1 module toolset and the engine itself simply have not facilities enabling full party control, so it's futile asking for module recommendations in which you can control a party of 4-6 characters, no matter if you create it yourself at the beginning or gather members along the course of the game?

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/henchman-inventory-battle-ai-mod

This is a very well known mod.

Just use it with Diamond, not with EE.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
ello,

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/henchman-inventory-battle-ai-mod

Do you know any good NWN1 modules (providing a new single player adventure campaign) where you play as a party of 4-6 characters - explore, kill, loot - the usual stuff? Something like IWD 1-2 but in NWN1 engine. Important condition: you must start as lvl 1.

deama

Prophet
I donno if any of you guys know of a way, but I started playing a dance with rogues and got stuck in the temple of Hyath on what to do, so I looked at the walkthroughs, but they all say there's supposed to be some brass key in a cocoon and a cleric's key on an undead corpse? I killed the cleric, but he just had a basic scyth on him. And the cocoon just had a +2 composite longbow and 1 stack of normal arrows. that's it.

No keys anywhere.

I'm on the EE version, does it make changes in this part or is something broken?
Also, is there a potential like command I can run to just spawn the keys or something?

deama

Prophet
Oh, nvm, I just figured it out, they changed it in the newer version so that there's secret doors around the room just before the glowing door now.

FFTW

Educated
Anyone knows how to run NWN:EE fan modules on the PS4? I found a thread on how to run them on the Switch with no issues, but nothing on the PS4. I presume they will need to be injected into the game ISO its self. I know this community is PC-centric, but maybe some NWN:EE fan found a way to play them on PS4 too :).

deama

Prophet
Anyone knows how to run NWN:EE fan modules on the PS4? I found a thread on how to run them on the Switch with no issues, but nothing on the PS4. I presume they will need to be injected into the game ISO its self. I know this community is PC-centric, but maybe some NWN:EE fan found a way to play them on PS4 too :).
Sell the PS4 and buy a laptop.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ello,

Do you know any good NWN1 modules (providing a new single player adventure campaign) where you play as a party of 4-6 characters - explore, kill, loot - the usual stuff? Something like IWD 1-2 but in NWN1 engine. Important condition: you must start as lvl 1.
Nwn 1 probably doesn't have any party based modules at all. You're better off looking for that in nwn 2.

deama

Prophet
It's true, I switched to EE for the Aiuland saga and the only real difference I noticed was the extra crashes.

Are there any stable EE modules??
I've played through swordflight chapter 1 and am about 30% done with chapter 2, hasn't crashed or had any issues with it in comparison to diamond edition back when I played that one couple years back.

rogueknight333

Arbiter

The modules intended for multi-player co-op would probably be your best bet here.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

The modules intended for multi-player co-op would probably be your best bet here.

Plenty of those around. Eye of the Beholder, A Hunt in the Dark, Endless Nights, off the top of my head.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

2) Does that mean PRC-ified modules found here (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1x3_U3JHblhh4K63NNy3gPy9AHYDwttkw) work better with EE or DE?

Thanks

Small update as someone who just tried PRC for the first time.

- It's buggy as fuck
- There are dozens and dozens of races and classes
- Some are cool, some are bullshit (neanderthal?)
- Some are from DnD, others I dont know from where
- most of them have a HUGE exp penalty making them pointless to play (imagine receiving 50% exp or less)
- these are usually the interesting classes you wanted to play in the first place (like Hound Archons or Driders or whatever)
- admittedly they have significant bonuses from the start (but still unplayable)
- they are only playable on PWs or sandboxy modules with unlimited exp (but you have to grind)
- furthermore with many of these you have to take like 6 levels of Outsider before picking an actual class
- you can "buy off" the exp penalty eventually but it will reduce your level (for example you go from level 9 to level 6)
- "buying off" is only viable with lesser exp penalties
- your character model is still going to look humanoid, with a different head at best
- you can select feats or skills from other races/classes (engine limitation)
- a script handles it so you will be unable to level if you do that

TLDR it looks good on paper but very messy and maybe better to wait for that Dark Sun PW

Last edited:

notpl

Arbiter
Classes don't have XP penalties, you're thinking of monster races. The PRC adds dozens of classes that all work flawlessly, the only thing that's sort of weird is psionics because it doesn't fit in the UI and has to be selected through an awkward dialogue interface.

Gahbreeil

Learned
Can anyone suggest any modules that are text and dialogue heavy? I'm spent in trying to look on my own. To this day, I believe that the Bastard of Kosigan was the best module series I've played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom