Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

MerchantKing

Learned
I finally got around to playing Swordflight, and Zarala is a blue skinned thing?
How come no one mentioned that anywhere?
She's an Air Genasi. She's also the chosen one.

rogueknight333

Arbiter

SmilingGorion

Literate
As for Swordflight, I've noticed that Zarala's AI seems fucked during the White Dragon fight in Cania. Appears to be the case for others as well based on videos I've seen.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
What specifically was the issue with the AI? The henchman AI can act pretty oddly in the best of circumstances sometimes. Also, did this occur in the EE?

SmilingGorion

Literate
Yes, it was the EE. Zarala would not attack or follow me around normally, she just sort of blinked around. Granted, it could've well been a quirk with my installation.

Sabotin

Scholar
She tends to lock up when she becomes invisible, could be that? Try casting see invisibility/true seeing on yourself or whatever makes you see invisible things.

SmilingGorion

Literate
She tends to lock up when she becomes invisible, could be that? Try casting see invisibility/true seeing on yourself or whatever makes you see invisible things.
That's it. She was invisible at the time. I'll keep that in mind for future reference. Thanks.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
NWN EE doesn't work for anymore. It starts to load, the hand cursor appears, then it crashes back to desktop.

I only had Beamdog's hi-res models installed. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled, same issue.

Gargaune

Magister
NWN EE doesn't work for anymore. It starts to load, the hand cursor appears, then it crashes back to desktop.

I only had Beamdog's hi-res models installed. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled, same issue.
Try it clean - uninstall, delete \Documents\Neverwinter Nights\ as well as the game's path in Program Files, if there's any left, then install again. Also, unlikely, but try clearing any tuning you've done in nVidia Control Panel or whatever the Radeon equivalent is.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Try it clean - uninstall, delete \Documents\Neverwinter Nights\ as well as the game's path in Program Files, if there's any left, then install again. Also, unlikely, but try clearing any tuning you've done in nVidia Control Panel or whatever the Radeon equivalent is.
thanks, that did it. The Steam folder was >3 GB after uninstalling, when the whole download is only 5 something GB :lol: and this was without any mods. Weird.

Gargaune

Magister
thanks, that did it. The Steam folder was >3 GB after uninstalling, when the whole download is only 5 something GB :lol: and this was without any mods. Weird.
A big chunk of that was probably the HD Art Pack itself. With the EE, your own user files (saves, modules, overrides etc.) go into the Documents path, but official content like DLCs or the HD Art Pack still gets deployed into the program's internal structure. For instance, your overrides should be in /Documents/Neverwinter Nights/override/, whereas the HD Art Pack I believe would've gone into your install path's /Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition/ovr/.

Anyway, if any game fails to work after a reinstall, it's a good idea to back up your saves and clean everything up - Documents, install directory and (not for NWN EE but in most modern cases) whatever it defecates into your AppData locations.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, seeing as how this is a modules thread, are there any lesser known good modules out there? ;d We all know the classics by this point.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
So, seeing as how this is a modules thread, are there any lesser known good modules out there? ;d We all know the classics by this point.

Black Thorn is a good module that does not seem to get mentioned very often. Although the module involves solving a mystery rather than doing conventional RPG stuff, so it may not be to everyone's taste.

The Defence of Fort Tremagne, Sapphire Star and Revenant are above average modules that do not seem to get mentioned very much too.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Black Thorn is a good module that does not seem to get mentioned very often. Although the module involves solving a mystery rather than doing conventional RPG stuff, so it may not be to everyone's taste.

The Defence of Fort Tremagne, Sapphire Star and Revenant are above average modules that do not seem to get mentioned very much too.
I hear the Graveron Seduction is also good, haven't played it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Cool, will check them out eventually. I'm thinking of making a campaign myself, centering around the rise of one of the major factions in my setting, like a prequel of sorts.

Lacrymas

Arcane
What's the best SoU -> HotU bridging module? I know the one which won the competition, but is it really the best?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I have to give it to the old sandy cunt Lilala (?), Swordflight is great. If her blog did anything it was to help make this module played more widely. This thing is everything a single player NWN module can be. It buries all the competition to the ground, no contest, as far as I can see it. There is nothing compared to it in terms of progression, balance, encounter and quest design ; it just uses the engine and its gameplay principles to the maximum. The only thing I found that was akin to it in terms of challenge and carefully crafted gameplay was something like the World of Greyhawk PW.

rogueknight, maybe you could move on to something like Solasta or something after this, if you still got the juice. I keep thinking it has to be the successor to NWN, even though I'm no big player of it (somehow the clunky impossible NWN gameplay appeals to me more, but maybe it's just nostlagia ; when I was a teenager in 2002 I used to think I couldn't die before the game was released - it was my very sad reason to keep going through existential pain, lack of feminine attention and so on ; it still is today no doubt).

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
What are some of the modules with the best, most interesting combat encounters? Tnx

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom