Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

rogueknight333

Arbiter
There's also that Q-Project patch that, while it looks gorgeous, can really break certain things, like making certain monsters too large and unable to pass through doors. Amirite? Or was that fixed by the developers? It's been quite a while since I used it, or even played NWN (which ironically is my favorite all-time cRPG experience... with modules).

Project Q has also been known to cause issues in Swordflight (I have not been keeping track of what has been done with it recently, so do not know if any of its issues have been fixed). Many commonly used NWN enchancements (Q, community patch, and now apparently also the PRC) cause issues in Swordflight. Unfortunately, it tends not to play well with other mods.

NWN performance can often be weirdly system-specific. It appears EE does work better for some people, while Diamond does in other cases.

Robber Baron

Savant
Ok, I'll get to the point. There're some(5-6) Persistent Worlds that have very good maps with awesome(as far as I could tell) dungeons and so on. I really want to try them out(except Arelith really), but most of them are pretty empty or have only a closed groups of players not interested in randoms, or play at very specific hours. Also most of them are RPs so it's even harder to just run some dungeons. SO. Whoever is into some coop fun in Persistent Worlds - PM me, I'm really interested in seeing the content those communities have built over the years and have some fun exploring it.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Hey rogueknight, I just noticed while playing swordflight that flame weapon is now giving me 2d8 flame damage instead of the usual 1d4 +10, is that something you changed? Currently playing in ch3

rogueknight333

Arbiter
Hey rogueknight, I just noticed while playing swordflight that flame weapon is now giving me 2d8 flame damage instead of the usual 1d4 +10, is that something you changed? Currently playing in ch3

Yes, that is an alteration I made, and it is mentioned in the readme. The point was to make it a straight damage bonus rather than an On-hit property, so that it would not interfere with other On-hit properties a weapon might have (since only one On-hit property can trigger per hit). It also means that it is not cumulative with any other fire damage bonuses a weapon might have, since a weapon can also only use a single bonus for any single type of damage.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron

Yes, that is an alteration I made, and it is mentioned in the readme. The point was to make it a straight damage bonus rather than an On-hit property, so that it would not interfere with other On-hit properties a weapon might have (since only one On-hit property can trigger per hit). It also means that it is not cumulative with any other fire damage bonuses a weapon might have, since a weapon can also only use a single bonus for any single type of damage.
Yeah, sorry, should have read the readme. It's not a bad change. It may do a bit less damage, but it can also crit now, so that's nice.

Mikado

Literate
It's been a very long time since I played NWN or NWN2, but I recall "Return to Ravenloft" by Firestarter was quite enjoyable.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Just finished CH 4 of Swordlflight, really like the series as a whole and am looking forward to CH 5 (when's that coming btw?). Overall the module was excellent really liked all the attention to detail in regards to roleplaying and all the little bonus xp and messages you get. The encounters were hard and fun, (but those beholders were just annoying, especially since I was a wizard, getting through the beholder warren was a complete slog). If I had any complaints, I would say that the looting could maybe be improved. The generic chests full of gold and gems got boring after a while and the appeal of finding treasure kind of faded away, especially since you are showered with gold in this module, had over a million GP by the end. Another complaint I had is that I wish there were more interactions with Zarala, I feel she should have more comments about the general locations you are in and should have a bit more conversations with the MC in general.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
Just finished CH 4 of Swordlflight, really like the series as a whole and am looking forward to CH 5 (when's that coming btw?).

I am working on Ch. 5, but unfortunately it will not be done any time soon. I hope I can get it done within a year from now (more or less) but sadly there is a good chance it will take longer.

Overall the module was excellent really liked all the attention to detail in regards to roleplaying and all the little bonus xp and messages you get. The encounters were hard and fun, (but those beholders were just annoying, especially since I was a wizard, getting through the beholder warren was a complete slog).

I was trying to mix things up by presenting a somewhat different sort of challenge with the Beholders (and also to make Beholders scary, as they should be), but they are definitely at least on the boundary of being just frustrating rather than challenging in an interesting way.

If I had any complaints, I would say that the looting could maybe be improved. The generic chests full of gold and gems got boring after a while and the appeal of finding treasure kind of faded away, especially since you are showered with gold in this module, had over a million GP by the end. Another complaint I had is that I wish there were more interactions with Zarala, I feel she should have more comments about the general locations you are in and should have a bit more conversations with the MC in general.

I have to agree that most of the loot is too generic, and that is a flaw under the circumstances. I was focused on combat here and so was concerned about not providing gear that was too OP. However, the module ended up turning into more of a non-linear exploration module than I originally planned, and a good exploration game should have interesting loot. The amount of dialogue probably suffered from the combat focus too. Hopefully Ch. 5 will be better in those respects.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Ok, I'll get to the point. There're some(5-6) Persistent Worlds that have very good maps with awesome(as far as I could tell) dungeons and so on. I really want to try them out(except Arelith really), but most of them are pretty empty or have only a closed groups of players not interested in randoms, or play at very specific hours. Also most of them are RPs so it's even harder to just run some dungeons. SO. Whoever is into some coop fun in Persistent Worlds - PM me, I'm really interested in seeing the content those communities have built over the years and have some fun exploring it.

EE or Diamond?

Robber Baron

Savant

EE or Diamond?

EE, I don't have a Diamond CD-key

Skdursh

Savant
Does anyone have experience with Player Resource Consortium?/QUOTE]

I took a look at it once and downloaded the new version just in case I ever decide to give it another shot, but all that extra stuff to me just felt kind of overwhelming on top of the already huge selection of spells, skills, classes, ect.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Which ones are you looking to play? Arelith so far has been pretty boring, I started on Skal and there doesn't really seem to be any real content (actual quests) just daily quests to kill something for gold and xp. Meh. I was looking to play World of Greyhawk, heard they have implemented various different campaigns into their PW like Temple of Elemental Evil, and Queen of the Demonweb Pits. Might be interested in playing that with you

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Does anyone have experience with Player Resource Consortium? 3.9.1 update July 15: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortium-391

Compatibility aside, do the additional classes/feats break the shit out of the game?
Its been a while since I used it, but I don't remember anything breaking things too badly. Well, in gameplay terms. With high jumping you can break the game quite easily, but that's to be expected. Depending on the character, you can get yourself stuck at level 1, but the game warns you. There's some issues with creating characters, you have to use a Java program to create them. Its annoying and you can't see what your character will actually look like, but you get more options. The psychic abilities are gained through dialog as are most new spellcaster spells. I seem to remember something breaking in a technical way that was annoying, but I'm not entirely certain that wasn't related to me having the Community Expansion Project also put in. I'm not entirely sure, but I think that solution is a bit hacky. Whatever the case, something was broken, I don't remember what.

Robber Baron

Savant
Which ones are you looking to play? Arelith so far has been pretty boring, I started on Skal and there doesn't really seem to be any real content (actual quests) just daily quests to kill something for gold and xp. Meh. I was looking to play World of Greyhawk, heard they have implemented various different campaigns into their PW like Temple of Elemental Evil, and Queen of the Demonweb Pits. Might be interested in playing that with you

Ravenloft had some cool dungeons as far as my solo self could venture,
Then there's EFU - it's full of dailies but there's some great exploration to be had too, alas too painfull solo,
The Easting Reach - honestly great gameworld, awesome dungeons, played a little with locals but the average population of 5-6 hurts it, plus most of the time they are either playing by themselfs or afk
Adventures in Narfell - looks like a great gameworld, there're daillies, but a lot of exploration too
Forgotten Realms Thay - same, looks like a great gameworld to explore just needs a solid party

Garden Rooster

I just finished SoU and wanting to start HotU, I'm thinking of starting with a new character since I wanna try different classes (mainly an arcane caster, since main campaign I played a divine caster and SoU a martial character). Thing is I'm not sure if it's worth losing all the equipment I gathered in SoU, plus I had around 90k loose gold and a tonne of magic consumables and equipment that could be worth much.

But I vaguely remember someone saying that you quickly gain new magic items that outscale the ones in SoU, so should I just ditch my fighter and start HotU with a new character?

Andysks

Novice
Is there a turn based mod modual for NWN2?
Lance Botelle made one for his Scroll module. I am not certain if it works as a standalone mod though. A moder would have to include it in a module for it to work with that specific module. That being said, I think The Scroll is the only one that uses it at the moment.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thing is I'm not sure if it's worth losing all the equipment I gathered in SoU, plus I had around 90k loose gold and a tonne of magic consumables and equipment that could be worth much.
You can get that stuff back anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom