Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter Nights - why are you guys so negative ?

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Ug, don't remind me..

"Hiya! I'm TOMI UNDERGALLOWS! Eaaaaaheeehoooooweeeeeeeeeeeaaaa!!"

Die you peppy fuck! DIE!

Sarvis

Erudite
Jedi359 said:
You have essentially come in, acted like a flamebaiter in order to get people to insult you, and then get offended by it. I've listed my reasons why I dislike the game. I personally am sick of listening to you bitch.

He's a troll, guys. Let's just ignore him.

Too funny!

I told you guys to do that an entire page ago! Yours is the FIFTH reply to the post where I said you should just ignore me and stop posting, and then said I wondered how many of you would still respond.

FIVE RESPONSES.

Yeah, you guys are good.

I didn't even flamebait, all I did initially was express my opinion that Sheriff was only complaining because the game was different than what he thought it would be. Everything else was a response to flames that had already been lobbed towards everyone who likes the game or builds for it.

THIS IS WHAT YOU GUYS DO EVERY TIME THE GAME IS MENTIONED!!!

Are you really so retarded that the best you can do is call me a troll?

For the fourth or fifth time I DIDN'T START THE THREAD!!!

I only joined to ask you guys about some other games a few weeks ago, and this caught my attention today. Yet you act as if I started this thread and did nothing but troll in it, when all I really did is point out your own asinine behavior.

If you remember at all Jedi, I DIDN't SAY A THING against your original lst of reasons for hating the game. In fact, I HELD YOU UP AS AN EXAMPLE of what a good and thoughtful poster might say.

THen you immediately jumped on the little flame bandwagon and started insulting me too... after I had COMPLIMENTED you.

Right though, no herd mentality here. Not like you started attacking me just because others were....

Jedi359

Liturgist
I'm not going to be baited by you again. I've dealt with enough trolls in my life to know that all you want is for me to reply with seething anger. Have fun bitching about the world insulting you.

Sarvis

Erudite
Sheriff05 said:
Sarvis said:
Where did I ever question anyone's reasons when they were given? Except for Sheriff's, which amounted to nothing more than the game not being what he had imagined it to be, that is.

"cough"....Imagined????
yeah that's it... I imagined the whole fucking thing..whew!..thanks for clearing that up for me. You don't really seem to be paying to attention, just looking for it.

Yes. Imagined. You thought the game was going to be some multiplayer only thing, and got upset the moment Bioware realized how bad of an idea that was.

I guess we should all bow down before your superior intellect, because you wanted a game that even several others in this thread wouldn't have wanted because of the difficulty of scheduling groups to play multiplayer over the net.

Congrats on the whole unrealistic desires thing!

So you didn't get exactly the game you want. Fine, I can accept that. This doesn't mean the game is bad, it only means you did not like it.

It does not mean everyone who does like the game is a fucking loser either. That title is reserved for those who think only their taste matters.

Besides, I thought your entire point was simply to flame me into submission? Oops. I don't respond like that... you see I have enjoyed this little argument, your pussy little immature flames notwithstanding. It was almost as much fun as your mom was last night, and only a little more expensive!

Sarvis

Erudite
Jedi359 said:
I'm not going to be baited by you again. I've dealt with enough trolls in my life to know that all you want is for me to reply with seething anger. Have fun bitching about the world insulting you.

Actually I didn't want that. I wanted to know why you guys can't talk about the game without hurling insults like candy.

I didn't bait anyone, I just repeatedly asked why flames is all you guys seem capable of offering.

This is WHY I said you were a good example after your first post there. Sorry to offend you by agreeing you had valid points, that was stupid, insensitive flamebaiting behavior from me!

Sarvis

Erudite
baelstren said:
Some folks around here think that NWN is a deeply flawed game, from design to implementation.

Fine. Opinion, which you are entitled to.

No amount of spin, whining, flaming, fanboy groupthink, or sales stats will change this opinion, save a fundamental redesign of NWN. Said persons also tend to resent the shift of publisher interest toward the lowest common demoninator in cRPGs (i.e. RTS, multiplay, and phat l00t).

I hate that shit. The whole common denominator thing. It's only used by elitists who think their shit has to somehow be better than other people's shit.

You guys listen to metal? If not, then be prepared to realize that everything you say about us "fanboys" is said about you by every metalhead out there.

They, and you, don't care about anything but being percieved as different than those on the "outside." Both groups think only what they like matters, and everything else is pure lowest common denominator schlok without every even trying to realize that people can have different tastes.

I'm sorry that this isn't Fanboi Central, and that we aren't having a circle-jerk about how great the latest cookie-cutter module is or what the best munchkin prestige class build would be. If you want that kind of discussion, there are tons of forums to suit your needs. You just came to the wrong place to snipe at folks for not getting hot and bothered about a bad game and the "community" that humps it.

I don't give a flying fuck if you don't like the game. I DO give a flying fuck when you call fans of the game idiots, or module builders talentless hacks.

Please try to learn the difference.

I'd not be on this thread at all if you guys were capable of anything but hurling flames at people who like the game.

Sarvis

Erudite
Jedi359 said:

Oh, and it's funny that you KEEP replying even though you are all sick of the topic and said you were done with this thread!

Deathy

Liturgist
Ever heard of the edit function, Sarvis?

That's 4 in a row now...

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Sarvis said:
Yes. Imagined. You thought the game was going to be some multiplayer only thing, and got upset the moment Bioware realized how bad of an idea that was.

Do some research on the development of the game, just because you liked the pretty box on the shelf doesn't mean you know jack shit about it's origins, development or original fan base.

I guess we should all bow down before your superior intellect.

For you that'd be a real good start, take your own advice.

you wanted a game that even several others in this thread wouldn't have wanted because of the difficulty of scheduling groups to play multiplayer over the net.

unlike the sheep pastures you spend your time being violated in, folks here have a variety of opinions, mine are my own..but most here agree that NWN sucks for the myriad of reasons listed by many people in this thread.

So you didn't get exactly the game you want. Fine, I can accept that. This doesn't mean the game is bad, it only means you did not like it.

I didn't like it = I think the game sucks = my opinion, its my perogative to call you a fucking idiot for your performance here, or your silly opinions.
If you can accept that maybe we are getting somewhere?

It does not mean everyone who does like the game is a fucking loser either. That title is reserved for those who think only their taste matters.

Well "fucking loser" is quantitive for people like yourself, most NNW fans are just plain morons, gaming noobs, or drooling Biowhores. you might qualify for all three
considering your epic performance here.

Besides, I thought your entire point was simply to flame me into submission?

well I never said "submission", but your continued whining clearly illustrates
some sort of knee jerk teenage defense mechanism going on in that
overloaded little brain of yours.

Oops. I don't respond like that... you see I have enjoyed this little argument, your pussy little immature flames notwithstanding. It was almost as much fun as your mom was last night, and only a little more expensive!

Dude, Mom jokes?, pretty weak....somebody call the homeroom teacher.

Sarvis

Erudite
How cute. You guys still, STILL can't resist flaming me for no other reason than I accuse you of flaming anyone who mentions the damn game.

YOU ARE PROVING MY POINT WITH EVERY POST!!!

I hate to use caps, but you guys apparently need it.

Sheriff05 said:
Do some research on the development of the game, just cause you liked the pretty box on the shelf doesn't mean you know jack shit about it's origins, development or original fan base.

I know that a good portion of it's original "fan base" still plays and enjoys the game, and is now discussing things about Dragon Age.

I don't think I would apply the term to people who are discussing a game during it's development process though, as there is nothing to be fans of at that point...

I mean, if there were then you are, or at least were, part of the fan base. Thus everything you have ever said about me must also apply to you... heh.

For you that'd be a real good start, take your own advice.

Why am I not surprised at your inability to detect sarcasm.

unlike the sheep pastures you spend your time being violated in, folks here have a variety of opinions, mine are my own..but most here agree that NWN sucks for the myriad of reasons listed by many people in this thread.

Myriad of reasons. Well, I guess being retarted and being violated by sheep are different reasons... I fail to understand how they have anything with the game supposedly under discussion though.

I didn't like it = I think the game sucks = my opinion, its my perogative to call you a fucking idiot for your performance here, or your silly opinions.
If you can accept that maybe we are getting somewhere?

For like the fifth time now, I don't give a flying fuck that you dislike the game. My problem is that you are unable to express that dislike with anything but childish insults. You are still proving my point with almost every sentence you write.

Well "fucking loser" is quantitive for people like yourself, most NNW fans are just plain morons, gaming noobs, or drooling Biowhores. you might qualify for all three
considering your epic performance here.

My performance of being proven right about every claim I have made? Yeah... I must be mentally challenged. :roll:

Again, you are unable to say anything bad about the game without insulting everyone who likes the game. Sorry for having different tastes than you, you elitist asshole.

"Oh my god! They like something I don't! They must be complete morons!"

Yeah... that statement sums up just about everything this board has to offer.

Oh shit... I was about to compliment role_player. Unfortunately, if Jedi is any indication I'd just get flamed for saying something good about him!

well I never said "submission", but your continued whining clearly illustrates some sort of knee jerk teenage defense mechanism going on in that
overloaded little brain of yours.

For probably the third time:

I'M ENJOYING THIS.

Also:

You do nothing but prove me right with every word; Congrats on being too immature in your abject hatred for Bioware to see that you are doing so.

Dude, Mom jokes?, pretty weak....somebody call the homeroom teacher.

I would, but he's busy with your mom.

Jed

Cipher
Sarvis said:
For like the fifth time now, I don't give a flying fuck that you dislike the game. My problem is that you are unable to express that dislike with anything but childish insults. You are still proving my point with almost every sentence you write.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and you're unable to express your dislike of that without resorting to childish banter. OH THE IRONY!

Sarvis

Erudite
xJEDx said:
Sarvis said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and you're unable to express your dislike of that without resorting to childish banter. OH THE IRONY!

I've been expressing it all along with non-childish banter, but I've learned to do what it takes to get the point across to you guys.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Sarvis said:
YOU ARE PROVING MY POINT WITH EVERY POST!!!

When we are purposely flaming you for our own entertainment, it's not proving anything other than we are hard up for shits and giggles

I know that a good portion of it's original "fan base" still plays and enjoys the game, and is now discussing things about Dragon Age.

ROLF!! yeah the original fan base is hanging around talking about "dragon age"..get a grip fucknut, Shit loads of original fans bailed by chapter 3 of the O.C and they saw how fucked up the mulitplayer was. I at least hung around until I confirmed SoU was of course the steaming pile I envisioned with a fucked up toolset that had the 2da's totally overwritten.

Myriad of reasons. Well, I guess being retarted and being violated by sheep are different reasons... I fail to understand how they have anything with the game supposedly under discussion though.

Quick recap you fucking dullard, (yes people pointless , I know..sigh)

The games engine sucks, it wasnt designed for a single player game.

The 3rd ed rules were needlessly dumbed down , combat mechanics were fucked
all the cool things about D&D combat did'nt exist in NWN or were reduced to some bioware "magic" formula.

The Henchman system was fucking idiotic, and only affirmed the fact this was a mulitplayer game that had a single player abortion.

The original O.C was hastily written bug filled plie of crap, and that's well accept by literaly everyone.

The toolset didn't do what it was supposed to do without tackling a learning curve
that's beyond what's expected of a "game" , scripting was too complicated for anyone other than those with C++ experience or those that wanted to learn.
And that's not was represented by Bioware during development.

The DM client didn't work for months and was bug ridden
(when I left about a month after SoU came out, both the toolset and DM client were still totally fucked up)

The game didn't ship with multiplayer modules that were being promised all the way until a month before the game went gold, Bioware then gave out three "free" pieces of uber-shit designed the day before release by some better tester and said, "here you go"

Additional toolset content, that was supposed to be released for free was saved for the shitty expansions, completely slowing the process of fixing the fucked up things about the toolset

essentially the game shipped as a shitty, half-assed single player RPG when I thought I was buying a innovative mulitplayer game..yes eventually it got better but
I see the 1.64 beta is still addressing shit that should have been fixed years ago!!!

The list goes on and on, Bioware continously talked shit about what they were going to do with this game they never did, they took the easy out found drooling morons like you as their fans and took it all the way to the bank

Now we have been over this shit, time and time again
I've tried to be nice (just kidding)
but you're too fucking stupid to get it.

The game sucks, you're a fucking loser, The "fans" are drooling morons who worry about shit like having colored names on the PW servers, when the DM client still didn't work.
Bioware is now the fucking McDonalds of software developers, so please go back to the Bio forums and eat a chicken mcnugget out of some other fanboys asshole, then choke on it while you're beating off talking about "dragon age" :lol:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
It's funny how he ignores the valid posts. It's as if the only thing he's interested in is being flamed.

And people, please learn the difference between "it's" and "its".

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Sarvis said:
Again, you are unable to say anything bad about the game without insulting everyone who likes the game. Sorry for having different tastes than you, you elitist asshole.

I think I can do it.

Ehem.

NWN was a terrible game.

The OC(which is the reason I bought the game) was the worst, most repetitive, boring, endless, pointless, hack fest of a story that I have ever come across.

There was no point to even have dialogue since pretty much every option led to the same outcome.

The combat SUCKED.

Aribeth is the most annoying voiced character I have ever heard speak.

The graphics were unspectacular and boring. I would have much preferred a prerendered 2D background to that 3D shitfest.

NWN tricked me out of 50 dollars. I was expecting a BG quality game and instead I got a toolset which never interested me in the first place. Then they wanted me to pay for expansions. Hah.

It would be hard for NWN2 to be worse than NWN. It sounds to me like they intend to keep it pretty much the sam, from what Feargus is saying.

Did I do that without flaming NWN fans? Or is saying NWN sucks automatically flaming the fans?

Surlent

Liturgist
Exitium said:
I am ignoring this thread.
Wise decision, I might as well.

But where does Codex really get these spammers ?
Do you have new one for every month or so ?
Does the staff have them in storage or somewhere on hold ?
Do you Exitium pick with Saint only the real fresh ones, the ones with crispy attitude and sharp wit debating skillz and let them out of cage one by one ?
Does badass persons' like JE Sawyer's, Feargus Urguhart's and Dave BIO Gaider Zoegner's cameos here make it more attractive ?
Or is it because Codex' hardcore reputation ?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Sheriff05 said:
Bioware is now the fucking McDonalds of software developers, so please go back to the Bio forums and eat a chicken mcnugget out of some other fanboys asshole, then choke on it while you're beating off talking about "dragon age" :lol:

Dude, MacDonald's "Salad Shakers" are one of the greatest inventions ever created. BioWare has never had an innovation remotely on the order of the Salad Shaker. In fact, I don't think they've ever made an innovation ever.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What the hell is a Salad Shaker?

As for Bio and innovations, didn't they take hype to the whole new level?

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Dude, MacDonald's "Salad Shakers" are one of the greatest inventions ever created. BioWare has never had an innovation remotely on the order of the Salad Shaker. In fact, I don't think they've ever made an innovation ever.

What about that custom hilt light saber thing I hear about in KotOR?, that's got to be close right?, :lol:

baelstren

Educated
Patron
Insert Title Here
Sheriff05 said:
Saint_Proverbius said:

What about that custom hilt light saber thing I hear about in KotOR?, that's got to be close right?, :lol:

Nope, the fact that you had two paths instead of one for character development (good vs. evil) was an innovation for them. Of course, BioWare is the first developer to do such a thing.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
NWN issues aside (The fact that it sucks? Sure does.) I'm still looking forward to Dragon Age and whatever they can pull out of their hat (or ass).

Sarvis

Erudite
Elwro said:
It's funny how he ignores the valid posts. It's as if the only thing he's interested in is being flamed.

And people, please learn the difference between "it's" and "its".

Umm... you see, my problem isn't with the valid posts. I'm not ignoring them, I'm saying you people should either post those kinds of posts or not post at all.

In fact, at one point I held up one of those posts as an example! Then got flamed for doing so!!!

You guys are just awesome.

Oh, and I see how sick of the topic you are... with the damn thing continuing long after I went to bed last night.

Sarvis

Erudite
jiujitsu said:
Sarvis said:

I think I can do it.

Ehem.

NWN was a terrible game.

The OC(which is the reason I bought the game) was the worst, most repetitive, boring, endless, pointless, hack fest of a story that I have ever come across.

There was no point to even have dialogue since pretty much every option led to the same outcome.

The combat SUCKED.

Aribeth is the most annoying voiced character I have ever heard speak.

The graphics were unspectacular and boring. I would have much preferred a prerendered 2D background to that 3D shitfest.

NWN tricked me out of 50 dollars. I was expecting a BG quality game and instead I got a toolset which never interested me in the first place. Then they wanted me to pay for expansions. Hah.

It would be hard for NWN2 to be worse than NWN. It sounds to me like they intend to keep it pretty much the sam, from what Feargus is saying.

Did I do that without flaming NWN fans? Or is saying NWN sucks automatically flaming the fans?

Nope, that was quite good.

Congrats on being maybe the 5th post in this 5 page thread to give actual reasons that you didn't like the game.

Of course, if you are anything like Jedi you will probably start flaming me now because I said you made a good post... heh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom