Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New KotOR incoming

Thonius

Arcane
Are you guys ready to romance hot chicks like her!?

1575134182391.jpg
Hey while that shit creeped me out 24/7 game was fun and had hotties antag and later on another dusky type sidekick. It was fun and sad to kill stormtroopers. Apparently, they are drafted in the ??corps or what have they. Kinda leaves sour taste. Fun game tho.

If Aspyr is developing an actual remake, who's footing the bill for it? Unlike ports/"remasters", a remake in a new engine with all new graphical assets etc of a 20 hour+ cinematic rpg would cost good money.

deuxhero

Arcane
I have no faith in Disney, or this studio. The only thing Disney showed us - is that they are going to milk and butcher SW universe, and spoil and twist everything we liked. They failed miserably with the new “High Republic” era, and now trying to destroy what is left of old canon.

Agree

A KotOR remake needs combat that isn't shit.
I've only played the sequel, but if memory serves, that wasn't exactly thrilling in the combat department. I'm not understanding why some people are finding it mystifying that nobody cares for that aspect. Either way, I doubt a remake will have better combat. I doubt a mobile studio is going to come up with something that's more involved than damage sponges.

The first game is actually worse. KotOR2 made huge improvements to the combat, mostly in deeper character building options. KotOR1 is just (de)buff>spam your best attack option, heal if needed. KotOR2 at least made some effort to add abilities that were situationally useful (Bao-dur's arm auto-breaking enemy shields)

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Considering Bioware itself has shown a remarkable ability to make crap games lately, surely this means we live in an upside downey land and the terrible porting studio known for nauseating ports is going to do an amazing job on this game!

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
The biggest problem with KotOR is how piss easy it is. Its basically Story Mode the game. All mods did was increase dmg and hp of enemies and that's just boring. If they could somehow make the AI better it might be worth a look.

Also the KotOR 2 remaster was fine so maybe they will do OK.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The interface, being one of the first CRPGs made for both console and PC, is more cumbersome than modern ones.

KOTOR has a different UI on consoles than PC. On PC the UI is fully mouse driven - in fact it is one of the few PC RPGs for Windows that can be played using only the mouse.

laclongquan

Arcane
The biggest problem with KotOR is how piss easy it is. Its basically Story Mode the game. All mods did was increase dmg and hp of enemies and that's just boring. If they could somehow make the AI better it might be worth a look.

Also the KotOR 2 remaster was fine so maybe they will do OK.

I will fap to a AI/Difficulty mod of KOTOR1 in a heartbeat.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
We need new stories not old ones. Revan was kewl but there are new Revans and Revanesses to tell. Bioware devs has to make new High republic RPG.
We have to stop dwelling on the past and make future better. Come on.
Raises lightsaber high

negator2vc

Scholar
Another classic destroyed. They will only change the story and characters to fit 2021 feelings :cry: (it's a remake after all)
They will leave the combat the same because balancing the gameplay mechanics (like combat) need actual talent.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
KOTOR was always a crappy NWN total conversion but without the modding tools. I don't know why this is in any way a controversial position to take.

Maybe people are confusing KOTOR 2 with KOTOR 1?

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
KOTOR was always a crappy NWN total conversion but without the modding tools. I don't know why this is in any way a controversial position to take.
This. Such a simplistic, uninteresting and dreadfully boring game with insultingly vile Bioware writing. If it weren't a Star Wars game it wouldn't receive even a fraction of the praise it's gotten along the years.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
A new KOTOR? Yeah, I really don't want to see what Nu-Bioware and Kathlyn Kennedy and her writing team of daddy issues induced activist writers would create. On the other hand it would provide the Codex with some hilarious content to laugh at. So there is an up side.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
For the OT you need to look for 4k77, 4k80 and 4k83.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom